Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    The 5 game DS series is just stupid. Who thought to implement that and why hasn't it been changed since? I remember in the early 2000's the NBA had a 3 game series for the 1st round that was later changed. Why can't MLB do that? You would think they would want to make more money by adding additional games?

Is it because they don't want playoff games going into late October because of the weather in some cities? Well guess what? Start the damn season 1-2 weeks earlier and problem solved or shortened the season by a few games. Shame that Dodgers/Giants are likely going to face each other in a 5 game series where our studs Max,Buehler, Urias and maybe Kershaw if he is on point will only face the Giants once instead of a 7 game series where they have to face them twice.

MLB is just so anal-retentive when it comes to avoiding November baseball. Average temperatures throughout the country are actually higher in early November than they are in late March, which is when the season begins.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Yeah and he's starting to hit the high fastball with good contact again. I read that after the injury, he lost a lot of muscle mass on his shoulders and that it really messed with the mechanics of his swing and so now he's now kind of adjusted to that. I suspect it will likely be a temporary fix until he can get to the offseason and build that muscle back up
    ya it looks like it. Now he is just a line drive or a double in the gaps hitter until he bulks up again. I saw that too. He caught up to the high fastball. He hit it sharply but unfortunately at someone.

Giants keep winning, but so do we. Let's see who blinks first. It really would be great, not just for us, but all of baseball, if we closed the year with a 4 game series against the giants. It's also a shame that the two best teams in baseball will likely end up playing in a 5-game series in the first round. That should at least be a 7-game series. MLB really needs to update their playoff format. Regardless of who wins the division (and would also likely end up with the best record in the MLB), their reward would be facing the second best team in the league in a short series. The current format is really silly.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    MLB is just so anal-retentive when it comes to avoiding November baseball. Average temperatures throughout the country are actually higher in early November than they are in late March, which is when the season begins.
    Very good point. But some parts of the country are having apocalyptical weather now.

I remember when guys were coming on here like 3-4 years ago arguing that Justin Turner was done...those posters don't come on anymore. Year after year though, J. Turner continues to produce at a super consistent rate with no real signs of slowing down

Lux is smashing the ball since coming back. short, compact swing and being much more disciplined

Lux is smashing the ball since coming back. short, compact swing and being much more disciplined
    I really like his feet and his approach too. He’s not trying to do too much, just keeping it simple and not worrying about lifting the ball. Take what they give you and keep reaping the benefits, young man
    The Tweeter Handle: @DSchneider_05

Not to jinx anything, but the Pads are up 5-2.

They’re - unfathomably - still in reach of a wild card spot so I expect they’ll be fighting for their season down to the wire, and they’ve still got more games with the Giants
    The Tweeter Handle: @DSchneider_05

The Giants play bare-knuckle baseball even when they lose. They kept chipping away on the Padres lead all night long.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    I really like his feet and his approach too. He’s not trying to do too much, just keeping it simple and not worrying about lifting the ball. Take what they give you and keep reaping the benefits, young man
    Yeah for sure. If he can keep building on this, it will be big for us come playoff time

1 game behind now. Giants @ Braves and Dodgers @ Reds. We should be able to get 2/3 if not 3/3 in Cincy. Giants may lose 2/3 or get swept. Dodgers may be in 1st place if we continue to play good baseball by the end of the week.

I think he will be a good future left fielder also.

One game out. We just have to keep playing good baseball and I think the rest will take care of itself

When are Taylor and Pollock coming back?

Future Hall of Shamers:

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast