Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofdad View Post
    Amazing finish to the season! There is a potential nice upside to this chase as well - I can't think of anything more soul crushing for the Giants and their fans than to have led the division nearly the entire season, only to lose it in the last week, and be relegated to a wild card "play-in". Of course the Dodgers could also chase all year and come up short, but as you've said, I think most Dodger fans have been prepared for a 2nd place route through the playoffs already, and a couple weeks back that was an almost certainty.

My big question is this, assuming the team can navigate its way into a 5 game series; What does our roster look like? With a relatively healthy group going in, do we really need to carry Bellinger on that roster and have that hole in our lineup every day?
    Yeah, that's a good question about Bellinger. I've been advocating for him playing all season in hopes that he would play himself out of the slump, but the limit to that was once we were in meaningful games and the playoffs certainly meet that criteria. He started showing positive signs before getting hurt again, but nothing consistent. He's still an amazing defensive player and has great speed. My intuition is that he'll be on the roster and get platooned where he's a late game replacement for defensive purposes. I don't think Roberts will continue to play him as a starter though the rest of this year unless he somehow turns it around (but this might just be a lost year for Bellinger).

Bellinger will be on the playoff roster because of his speed and defense. Thatís it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Bellinger will be on the playoff roster because of his speed and defense. Thatís it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well the way things are heading, he will only be in for 1 game. WC is looking more real every passing day. Instead of getting better seems we are getting worse. Defense is making dumb moves, offense hasn't been locked in for past 2 weeks.

Cardinals are on fire. 15 straight wins. Only good thing for us is that we still have 10+ days so odds are they will cool off. Dodgers don't want the division. Seems they are disinterested in playing against crappy teams. NO ****ING REASON Zac Gallen has held us to two hits.

Our "explosive" offense hasn't scored 10+ runs in any single game since August 15th.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Looks like Kershaw has joined David Price, Tony Gonsolin, and Julio Urias as pitchers who likely won't go more than 4-5 innings in postseason starts.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Muncy and Taylor are not hitting as well as they did earlier in the season. They likely caught a virus from Bellinger.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; Yesterday at 10:21 PM.

Future Hall of Shamers:

Giants now leading the Rockies 4-2. No surprise there.

Future Hall of Shamers:

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617