Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    You're a Duck alum?! They are my college team, growing up from Oregon. In fact, I almost went to UW Law School and I was actually wrestling with having to be a Huskie while being a Duck fan lol.

But Tacoma is now considered a hip city with a ton of breweries and arts and crafts shops. Lots more apartments/condos on the water as opposed to a more industrialized feel it had before.
    Huck the Fuskies
    Yup, started out in SD as a music ed major. A woman messed with my head and I took some time off. Some turned into nearly a decade after a summer from hell including losing everything in a house fire in Illinois...so when I needed a fresh start, I remembered what I'd read about Eugene (UO was my first college choice, but out of state tuition originally killed that idea) and moved there, eventually finishing my degree there.

Tacoma was definitely industrial when I was there, but I still liked it. I'm a nature guy so I spent more time hiking the foothills of Rainier than time in the city when I had time off.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Three of the four states I have never been to are in the Pacific Northwest: Oregon, Washington, Alaska (the one other is Arkansas).

Despite having friends in Seattle and the surrounding area (Tacoma, Whidbey Island), I doubt Iíll ever get out there, but I understand it is very nice.

Washington? Meh, it's OK

This pic reminds me of a meadow I used to hike to in the Rainier foothills back when I lived in Tacoma.......and reminds me how disappointing it is to have not had a good camera when I was younger....I still remember when the trail first opened up to this meadow and it was a time when a good portion of the wildflowers there were blooming like in this pic
    Last edited by SiteWolf; 01-21-2022 at 09:09 AM.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Sounds pretty awesome.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12