Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Prediction Thread 2021

I having been reading some of today's posts, and thought, today would be a good day to create the "prediction thread".

There are a lot of pretty smart guys in this forum that believe the Raiders are going to the playoffs this year. There are also a lot of pretty smart guys in this forum that adamantly disagree.

(not going to write an essay)

Let's get right to the point------> 8-9 sorry, that OL and that LB core is really really bad. (Achilles)

We are going to need key Chiefs , Bills, Steelers and Charger players to get hurt, to survive this schedule.(could happen, not counting on it)

As you guys know, I hope I'm wrong.

It's hard to predict who is going to win and who is going to lose. SO, don't be one of those guys that says, "we don't know what we have, how can we make a prediction."

It's hard to predict, cause we don't know.

8-9

This team will either be okay or a train wreck. No middle ground.

9-8, 10-7 … or 4-13.

I actually think this will be a mediocre playoff team that gets bounced in the first round. Probably suffer another late season fade but back into the post season.

14-3

Losses to KC, Indy, and Dallas

4-13

This guy has to be the pick if he’s available.

I’m the president of the Christian Barmore fanclub.

Tough schedule. We’ll prob lose 1 or 2 games that we should have won. I think 9 or 10 wins is the most likely outcome. Hoping for 11… so I’ll say 11.

10-7 is my guess. Could be 9-8 or 8-9 just as easily. Decent team but we are hovering around average right now.

12-5. Might as well shoot for the stars. But we'll probably start out the season 0-2.

10-7. We get a WC spot. I don't like the NFC east games, especially on the road. There's only 2 potential cold weather games in the second half. I think we have a shot. Chucky earn your dough.

9-8, and Gruden gets fired after the season.

I think we actually have a playoff team this year. Hear me out.

Went 8-8 last year with no Richie, no Trent. Ran the ball a lot with Hudson who is one of the worst runblocking centers in the nfl. Great pass blocker. Terrible runblocker. I think o line is better at run blocking. Took a step back at c in passblocking. But overall a better line. I believe leatherwood will be solid.

On d we needed a fs. Got one.
    Needed to upgrade at cb. Did that with heyward and Hobbs.
    Needed to get better at lb. did that with perryman and Wright.
    Needed more passrush at de, got ngaque.
    Needed to upgrade at dt. Did that with Jefferson and McCoy. Last year we had the 30th ranked d and still went 8-8.

How could we not win 2 more games this season? 10-7

Just heard the so-called experts at PFF say that they think the Raiders are good for roughly 9 wins this season. I'm thinking it's going to take 11 wins to get into the playoffs. Just a gut feeling.

But anything less than 10 wins will be disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Just heard the so-called experts at PFF say that they think the Raiders are good for roughly 9 wins this season. I'm thinking it's going to take 11 wins to get into the playoffs. Just a gut feeling.

But anything less than 10 wins will be disappointing.
    Considering we won 8 last year and there’s one more game this year, they’re really not going out on a limb.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Considering we won 8 last year and there’s one more game this year, they’re really not going out on a limb.
    Well, yeah, but they're also acknowledging the widely held view that the schedule/strength of difficulty/level of competition this year is tougher than last year. We won't really know if that's true or not until the end of the season. If it is true, then we're going to need the perceived improvements to the roster to bear fruit. If not...well, you know. We've seen that horror movie already. Too many times. To the point that many of us think it's a comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Well, yeah, but they're also acknowledging the widely held view that the schedule/strength of difficulty/level of competition this year is tougher than last year. We won't really know if that's true or not until the end of the season. If it is true, then we're going to need the perceived improvements to the roster to bear fruit. If not...well, you know. We've seen that horror movie already. Too many times. To the point that many of us think it's a comedy.
    Didn’t we start off with a tough strength of schedule last year too? I think having KC in our division automaticallly puts us amongst the tougher schedules.

Believe we still have too many weak spots to contend. As a whole the defense might have more depth, but we don’t have one single true difference maker. We’re relying on guys that were either let go by their teams or clearly on the downside. Years of awful drafting have really caught up to us.

I like our pieces on offense, but it’s not a truly elite unit that can win games for us and cover up defensive deficiencies. We also have a very tough schedule, all those things added up I would be shocked if we made the playoffs tbh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast