Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I wouldn't make any immediate changes but like I said before the year I hope there are no excuses given for anyone. The overpaid QB once again shows that not only does he not elevate the team around him but is actually a part of the problem with holding the ball too long (and not being good at feeling the rush/moving around). Our GM that went out to sign said QB should know his main flaws yet continuously has put a poor offensive line in front of him only exposing the issue more. Our offensive coordinator seemed to not call plays that would buy time like PA or roll outs as much as just dropping back. The team as a whole seemed unprepared and even if it was moreso the offense it still is on Zimmer as the head coach.

I just hope at the end of this season if we miss the playoffs the trio of Spielman/Zimmer/Cousins are not given excuses anymore. We should move on from all 3 imo, although Cousins we might have to wait a year on.

0-1. YOU LIKE THAT!?!?!? Sorry. We'll probably run the table from here on out. Zims gonna coach em' up and Kirk is gonna do what Kirk does. Win big games.
    #HeinickebacktoMinnesota

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I wouldn't make any immediate changes but like I said before the year I hope there are no excuses given for anyone. The overpaid QB once again shows that not only does he not elevate the team around him but is actually a part of the problem with holding the ball too long (and not being good at feeling the rush/moving around). Our GM that went out to sign said QB should know his main flaws yet continuously has put a poor offensive line in front of him only exposing the issue more. Our offensive coordinator seemed to not call plays that would buy time like PA or roll outs as much as just dropping back. The team as a whole seemed unprepared and even if it was moreso the offense it still is on Zimmer as the head coach.

I just hope at the end of this season if we miss the playoffs the trio of Spielman/Zimmer/Cousins are not given excuses anymore. We should move on from all 3 imo, although Cousins we might have to wait a year on.
    The only change I really would like to see aside from Darrisaw taking over Lt is someone else at Center. Bradbury has done nothing to keep that position and has to be the worst C in the NFL. I have never seen any other teams center so far back in the backfield on every goddamn pass. I don't care how good he is as a run blocker they need to atleast give reps to other guys in practice. Wyatt Davis played a season at Center at OSU and his tape in Preseason may have warranted a look at Center.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    If we had just straight up lost that would be different but to play so sloppy falls 100% on Zimmer.

The play calling was also bizarre. I don't recall much play action and I don't remember Kirk really ever rolling out. Two things that should be a staple of our offense. Straight drop backs with this OL is just asking for sacks.
    Seemed like half the time we were starting with a 1st and 20 or a 2nd and long so we didn't really get a chance to get the running or play action game going. But I specifically remember 3 rollouts that we did and they did nothing. Like 1 or 2 yard gains. Plus, a guy was in Kirk's face immediately. There could've been more but I know of those 3 for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    The only change I really would like to see aside from Darrisaw taking over Lt is someone else at Center. Bradbury has done nothing to keep that position and has to be the worst C in the NFL. I have never seen any other teams center so far back in the backfield on every goddamn pass. I don't care how good he is as a run blocker they need to atleast give reps to other guys in practice. Wyatt Davis played a season at Center at OSU and his tape in Preseason may have warranted a look at Center.
    Ya I'm done with Bradbury. The dude can't anchor worth a ****. I think I saw he gave up either 6 or 4 pressures and gave up a sack. That's atrocious. I'm confident this will be his last year as starter.

ish all around, coaching = bad. O-line = bad, D line = bad early better later, QB = bad numbers do lie

and yet, had they (properly) not called that a fumble by Cook, what are we saying now?
    2021 Bengals are no longer the Bungles...yes, should have been a win, yes, Vikings didn't appear prepared, all of that....but they still came back from down 21-7, forced overtime, and were driving for the win

sidebar(ish)
    Why are officials required to make a call they know they can't make...and then the replay booth is required to go by that call to determine if 'conclusive evidence' exists to overturn a call that shouldn't have been made in the first place? In other words, how would the replay booth have called that had their been no call...or had they ruled Dalvin down on the field? That's definitely a part of replay and officiating that needs to change.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Actually Davis never played center at Ohio State. He was always a guard. The Vikings started to experiment with him at center this off season.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    and yet, had they (properly) not called that a fumble by Cook, what are we saying now?
    2021 Bengals are no longer the Bungles...yes, should have been a win, yes, Vikings didn't appear prepared, all of that....but they still came back from down 21-7, forced overtime, and were driving for the win

sidebar(ish)
    Why are officials required to make a call they know they can't make...and then the replay booth is required to go by that call to determine if 'conclusive evidence' exists to overturn a call that shouldn't have been made in the first place? In other words, how would the replay booth have called that had their been no call...or had they ruled Dalvin down on the field? That's definitely a part of replay and officiating that needs to change.
    I'm with you. I'm pissed we lost but the way we played we shouldn't have been in a position to win, but we almost did. Plus, all the bounces went the bengals way and those calls on Jefferson and Cook where absolute bullhsit. It also helps that the North went 0-4, so if you were going to lose, it was good it was last week. The test tho will be this week against Arizona. It'll give us a clearer picture of this team. I'm not ready to give up yet.

A through Z we sucked!!!!!!

As long as blame is placed where it belongs and not on Cousins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    As long as blame is placed where it belongs and not on Cousins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    on paper, Cousins had a great game!

games aren't played on paper...his misses were throws behind the receiver and many of his completions would have been bigger had he thrown them open instead of making them almost literally stop to catch his pass

I will never EVER not cringe watching him literally look at open receivers and either wait too long to throw or just not throw at all. Diggs became an *** about it, but that's why he's in Buffalo now- he did more than cringe. Plus my 'favorite' habit of Kirk's- the run away from the line of scrimmage with his body turned so he can't possibly make a good throw.

Kirk wasn't the main blame. He also wasn't without any.

Amen above statement. Numbers do lie, on paper dump down Cousins had great numbers. Watch the game and see how bad he actually was missing receivers or making the receiver have to make a good catch. yes the O line was horrible but even when there was time he made bad throws. I do not remember seeing Cousins throw it deep or throw the wr open. Give the wr a chance. I expect more from the highest paid player on the team.
    Last edited by herdapop; 09-16-2021 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    on paper, Cousins had a great game!

games aren't played on paper...his misses were throws behind the receiver and many of his completions would have been bigger had he thrown them open instead of making them almost literally stop to catch his pass

I will never EVER not cringe watching him literally look at open receivers and either wait too long to throw or just not throw at all. Diggs became an *** about it, but that's why he's in Buffalo now- he did more than cringe. Plus my 'favorite' habit of Kirk's- the run away from the line of scrimmage with his body turned so he can't possibly make a good throw.

Kirk wasn't the main blame. He also wasn't without any.
    Agreed. He has had this issue essentially his entire time here and to top it off the Oline is also an issue (even before him, Spielman). It's so frustrating watching studs wide open on the field and Cousins just sitting there holding it and not taking a single step to avoid the rush.

This team was better prior to Cousins coming for a reason and he is partially to blame for it (the other two were here leading those better teams, it dropped once he was added). Part of it is also on Spielman for the roster construction over the past few years, especially that oline referenced and imo the contracts to Cousins too. Lastly, Zimmer has blame here too in multiple ways like the sloppy plays.

We shouldn't let any of them off the hook if this fails again imo. Blame should be placed on Cousins because he deserves it, especially with his salary. Just like the other two have their share here as well.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 09-17-2021 at 01:00 AM.

as much as I've liked Zimmer was glad we gave him the chance to finally be a head coach, this cornerback whisperer thing just is no longer holding water....

4 1sts a 2nd and a 3rd have been spent on corners in the last few years. We got inconsistent play from Rhodes and Waynes, decent play from Mac but Zim irritated him into leaving before coming back, I never thought Hughes was justified but regardless he couldn't stay healthy here, Gladney isn't Zim's fault but he still isn't here, Dantzler I just don't get right now since he was decent last year and whatever is going on there isn't progressing him...his fault or Zim's I don't know.

Even the OL is going from c'mon, bring some guys in to...OK, got the guys, why do they still suck. It's almost like the Twins and pitching- the team just can't seem to pick well or develop them.

It does still feel a little 'Chicken Littleish' right now. If Cook's *** was ruled down we're 1-0 and talking about ways to improve, but not wondering if we're 0-4 heading to Detroit.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123