Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 57 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I'm confused. You bolded the first post, where I'm clearly referencing unvaccinated, not people who don't agree with vaccine mandates. Those are two totally difference groups of people, so I'm confused what point you're trying to make.

I'm not picking a side, dude. I'm just doing what I've suggested multiple times in this thread that everyone should be doing: listening to the experts on a very complicated topic that I have zero personal experience in. When it comes to this stuff, unless we're in medicine, we're all pretty ignorant. I can read articles on how the vaccines work and look at all the numbers and pretend like I know what's happening, but I have no more right to call myself an expert on medicine than you do or anyone else without a medical degree.

But I acknowledge that, listen to doctors and people in medicine who I trust and follow those recommendations. Historically we haven't had a problem with that as a society, but we do in 2021 apparently. And those who think they're smarter and know better based on zero legitimate justification for doing so, yes, they are ignorant human beings. I have zero problems saying that.
    Donít know if itís two totally different groups. Probably more than a 75% overlap. Like prob 95% to 100% who are unvaccinated probably donít agree with vaccine mandates. Iím sure a large number of vaccinated donít agree with mandates as well, but a lot of vaccinated people didnít want to get vaccinated but were forced to or lose there job. Iíd said itís a mildly diff group with close to 100% overlap of non vaccinated people.

I think a lot of the unvaccinated people just haven't done it because they haven't done it. They don't feel an urgency to do it, or they don't have time or the ability to plan it, or they are just lazy, or they don't know how easy it is, and on and on.

The number of single shot people who never show up for the 2nd shows that a lot of people don't have some deep ideological issue with the vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think a lot of the unvaccinated people just haven't done it because they haven't done it. They don't feel an urgency to do it, or they don't have time or the ability to plan it, or they are just lazy, or they don't know how easy it is, and on and on.

The number of single shot people who never show up for the 2nd shows that a lot of people don't have some deep ideological issue with the vaccine.
    I think this is a naive sentiment at this point. How many times have we heard ďmore will get it when X happensĒ only for X to happen and they still wonít get it.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Donít know if itís two totally different groups. Probably more than a 75% overlap. Like prob 95% to 100% who are unvaccinated probably donít agree with vaccine mandates. Iím sure a large number of vaccinated donít agree with mandates as well, but a lot of vaccinated people didnít want to get vaccinated but were forced to or lose there job. Iíd said itís a mildly diff group with close to 100% overlap of non vaccinated people.
    I know a lot of people in this group, including most of my family. Hell, pretty much every conservative lawmaker in the country and most intelligent Republicans, in general, would be in that group.

I have no problem with people who don't support something because they think it's an overreach of government. I may disagree, but that's a legitimate perspective I can understand. I cannot inderstand the anti-vax perspective.

I know a lot of people in this group, including most of my family. Hell, pretty much every conservative lawmaker in the country and most intelligent Republicans, in general, would be in that group.

I have no problem with people who don't support something because they think it's an overreach of government. I may disagree, but that's a legitimate perspective I can understand. I cannot inderstand the anti-vax perspective.
    I can understand why something non-political is so political but hey, thatís more important to more people than anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm that sentiment, it certainly is overreach for government to impose mandates... especially under Democrat leadership which we've seen constant overreach and massive mismanagement throughout Covid on a state level, and now a terrible job on a federal level under the new president. The government has earned every bit of mistrust of the people.

As far as the vaccine goes, both of my parents are scientists that spent decades in research for pharmaceutical corporations, so we all certainly new better than to simply "trust the science" before actually understanding the full scope of it and waited to read all of the literature before getting vaccinated. However once we understood the mechanisms and saw the first wave of recipients, we were comfortable with receiving it as well.

The anti-vax folks take it a bit too extreme though. Bottom line is even if it cannot fully protect you against getting ill, it will increase your odds vs serious illness or death because it trains your immune system on how to fight it without having to get ill in the first place, and that can be valuable given the massive damage that the virus can do to your body, which even after fully recovering could leave you with permanent damage. But again, that's their own choice, not the government's.
    Last edited by AntiG; 09-11-2021 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Please read these verses:
    2 Timothy 4:3-4, Revelation 22:18-19.

Pharmaceutical medical treatment didn't exist 2000 years ago. To state with so much certainty and 'authority' that that is what the word is talking about is death. Please don't peddle your "interpretations" of scripture on us as "truth". That's what you think, and what you believe, but it's not what the scripture is literally talking about. You're scripture twisting God's word into man's interpretation.

Pharmakeia's literal translation is an abstract noun meaning sorcery, magic, the practice of magic arts. With such an abstract concept being applied man can interpret it as pharmaceuticals, chemicals, technology, or anything else that would surpass human capability at that time. Because pharmakeia sounds like pharmacy doesn't mean it has any relation.

I'm not trying to change your belief, just your approach. If you've prayed about it and this is what God has told you the scripture means, then live by the word you believe. But I don't believe in your approach of speaking so certainty on an abstract concept as if you're the mouthpiece of God, and I don't share that interpretation. There aren't any cross references to any other part of scripture that supports your ideology. If I wanted to support another abstract concept like what is selflessness in Godly context I could pick from 100 other cross references that define it in exactness. Nobody can do that with the verse you're referencing.
    Except they did. You have to go to the original. I'm called to speak the truth of the bible. It is not on me for you to believe it. That part is in your hands.

I know those 2 verses. I'm not taking away from the bible. I'm going to the source. The original Greek and hebrew.

Read 2 Thessalonians 2 10-11

Let me add to this

In that context of going to the original language you get to see the what I'm talking about. If you use the BLB tool among others that can help you translate this words you would see it. Don't believe me fine but as a fellow Christian and citizen of the Kingdom of Heaven I at least recommend you to try and look at the original context and the meaning of those words. Then you would see that

Revelations 22 18-19
    I'm not adding to the word nor taking away from that prophecy I am telling you what it actually says

And

2 Timothy 4 3-4
    It ain't a Myth. It's in the bible. If you want to call it myth you are calling the hole bible a myth. Nobody is talking or teaching this topic. It comes with your own self study.

Once again go to the original language. Use other tools in your studies. Blue Letter Bible is a good one, olive tree bible app is another tool, e-sword is one I want to get my hands on.

Go deep in your studies you are just beginning to scratch the surface.

Btw I don't claim to know the hole bible. I just want to keep on growing on my faith just as much as you do as well.

Now I don't mind being proven wrong, I'm not perfect and I'm still learning. I will continue to learn until the day he calls me home. So if you do have any tools you use on your studies would you mind sharing them with me? Plz
    Last edited by Azrael; 09-11-2021 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Except they did. You have to go to the original. I'm called to speak the truth of the bible. It is not on me for you to believe it. That part is in your hands.

I know those 2 verses. I'm not taking away from the bible. I'm going to the source. The original Greek and hebrew.

Read 2 Thessalonians 2 10-11
    Please share more verses that define with specificity what pharmakeia is. Thanks. Otherwise we don't have anything else to discuss. I only would like multiple cross reference verses that directly support your understanding of what you think pharmakeia is.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Please share more verses that define with specificity what pharmakeia is. Thanks. Otherwise we don't have anything else to discuss. I only would like multiple cross reference verses that directly support your understanding of what you think pharmakeia is.
    Galatians 5 19-21
    Revelations 9 21
    Revelations 18 23

Also look up
    Strongs G5331
    Strongs G5332
    Strongs G5333

I gave you tools you can use for yourself to see with your own eyes. Don't take my word for it.

He who has ears to hear let him listen.

Sorry I edited my previous post a lil bit to late lol

Are we taking about sorcery again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Galatians 5 19-21
    Revelations 9 21
    Revelations 18 23

Also look up
    Strongs G5331
    Strongs G5332
    Strongs G5333

I gave you tools you can use for yourself to see with your own eyes. Don't take my word for it.

He who has ears to hear let him listen.
    I don't think you understand the question so I'll give one more shot. Can you point to the bible's definition of pharmakeia/sorcery? Not man's definition.

I'll give you an analogy. If I needed to define biblical love, I don't need to point to Webster's dictionary. A concordance is essentially the same thing as a dictionary definition of a biblical word/phrase. Let the bible support it's own meaning instead.

If I needed to define how we should love according to the bible I can point to:
    Proverbs 10:12, Ehesians 5:21, Luke 6:31, Ephesians 4:2

Do you notice the difference here? I could quote Corinthians 16:14, but that's not a definition. That's just another verse that mentions the word love. The other verses tell us in specifics what actions and thoughts constitute love.

You notice how anyone can find verses that define with specificity what idolatry is? Can you reference any verses that spell out with specificity what pharmakeia is?

It's not terribly hard to get a religious exemption I'd guess.

Visiting players being exempt is the REALLY stupid part. Only locals can be contagious?
    Itís difficult to get a religious exemption. You have to prove with Scriptural reference that your faithís tradition strictly prohibits the COVID-19 vaccine. Very difficult to do if youíve been vaccinated prior.

Especially when almost all of the major world religions and their leaders advocate for getting at least one of the vaccines

It only took me 3 minutes tops, to set an appointment for my first shot, and then after I got the first one I was able to schedule the 2nd one before I got back in the car.

People should prioritize things a bit differently if it means they could potentially be saving lives.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    I'm that sentiment, it certainly is overreach for government to impose mandates... especially under Democrat leadership which we've seen constant overreach and massive mismanagement throughout Covid on a state level, and now a terrible job on a federal level under the new president. The government has earned every bit of mistrust of the people.

As far as the vaccine goes, both of my parents are scientists that spent decades in research for pharmaceutical corporations, so we all certainly new better than to simply "trust the science" before actually understanding the full scope of it and waited to read all of the literature before getting vaccinated. However once we understood the mechanisms and saw the first wave of recipients, we were comfortable with receiving it as well.

The anti-vax folks take it a bit too extreme though. Bottom line is even if it cannot fully protect you against getting ill, it will increase your odds vs serious illness or death because it trains your immune system on how to fight it without having to get ill in the first place, and that can be valuable given the massive damage that the virus can do to your body, which even after fully recovering could leave you with permanent damage. But again, that's their own choice, not the government's.
    You hit pretty much all the points I have as well.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Page 24 of 57 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast