Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    If the goal is safety and avoiding the spread, and both sides are willing to seek a reasonable solution.... I'm not sure why a negative covid test on the same day wouldnt resolve the issue. Warriors have tons of rapid tests as they offered to rapid test every fan for every home game last yr.

I am very very very pro vaccine.... but I really do think a reasonable person would feel safe around someone who just tested negative covid.... even if they didnt get a vaccine 5 months ago. There appears to be a solution to this problem.

I think there is a politics angle that is stopping this from being an obvious compromise. I honestly think wiggins would probably be fine with this too- so its the other side that isnt budging.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    If the goal is safety and avoiding the spread, and both sides are willing to seek a reasonable solution.... I'm not sure why a negative covid test on the same day wouldnt resolve the issue. Warriors have tons of rapid tests as they offered to rapid test every fan for every home game last yr.

I am very very very pro vaccine.... but I really do think a reasonable person would feel safe around someone who just tested negative covid.... even if they didnt get a vaccine 5 months ago. There appears to be a solution to this problem.

I think there is a politics angle that is stopping this from being an obvious compromise. I honestly think wiggins would probably be fine with this too- so its the other side that isnt budging.
    Please recheck the original post. It isn't the NBA with the requirements it's certain cities/states.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Please recheck the original post. It isn't the NBA with the requirements it's certain cities/states.
    Agreed- Sf should recognize a current negative covid rapid test (as in within the last few hrs) just as assuring as a vaccine.

If it were up to me- everyone should get vaccinated..... but it would be nice to see both sides work with one another to find a safe resolution and not be draconian for the sake of being draconian
    Last edited by likemystylez; 09-23-2021 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It's not terribly hard to get a religious exemption I'd guess.

Visiting players being exempt is the REALLY stupid part. Only locals can be contagious?
    I heard in SF the reason for that inconsistency is so performers would still be able to come to SF regardless of their vaccination status. Otherwise theyd skip concerts in SF and it would hurt SF more than the artist/singer/performer etc..

Agreed- Sf should recognize a current negative covid rapid test (as in within the last few hrs) just as assuring as a vaccine.

If it were up to me- everyone should get vaccinated..... but it would be nice to see both sides work with one another to find a safe resolution and not be draconian for the sake of being draconian

Do vaccinated people still get tested too? It would make sense that we would I just donít know if itís required? Personally I think everyone should still be getting tested because you can still contract and spread the virus even after being vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Do vaccinated people still get tested too? It would make sense that we would I just donít know if itís required? Personally I think everyone should still be getting tested because you can still contract and spread the virus even after being vaccinated.
    So is your only standard for not testing- to have a vaccine that is 100% effective against any infection against all variants for every person on the planet? Otherwise- vaccines mean nothing- in terms of going back to normal??

I think teams do test players regularly (Im not sure if its literally every day)- but i dont think it is required by the city. I think we need to move towards accepting covid as a part of the real world. people are probably going to get it as a seasonal illness until the end of time. it isnt going to dissapear. Getting vaccinated helps a lot and natural immunity from wild infection should help over time.

Testing asymptomatic people all the time seems more like paranoia than accepting covid as a potential risk. Right now you are more likely to end up in the hospital with the flu than with covid if you are vaccinated. Vaccinated people should not have to re arrange their life to protect unvaccinated.

So is your only standard for not testing- to have a vaccine that is 100% effective against any infection against all variants for every person on the planet? Otherwise- vaccines mean nothing- in terms of going back to normal??

I think teams do test players regularly (Im not sure if its literally every day)- but i dont think it is required by the city. I think we need to move towards accepting covid as a part of the real world. people are probably going to get it as a seasonal illness until the end of time. it isnt going to dissapear. Getting vaccinated helps a lot and natural immunity from wild infection should help over time.

Testing asymptomatic people all the time seems more like paranoia than accepting covid as a potential risk. Right now you are more likely to end up in the hospital with the flu than with covid if you are vaccinated. Vaccinated people should not have to re arrange their life to protect unvaccinated.
    It was a sincere question.. If everyone gets tested I feel like thatís better than everyone being vaccinated and not tested. Simply because again you can be vaccinated and still get + spread the virus. This is why I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    It was a sincere question.. If everyone gets tested I feel like thatís better than everyone being vaccinated and not tested. Simply because again you can be vaccinated and still get + spread the virus. This is why I asked.
    in terms of one day at a time safety- a negative test is as good or better than being vaccinated. If I am the team- I might prefer the player be vaccinated because if he catches covid..... I think its likely he fights it off a lot faster and it is very unlikely to get him seriously ill.

But the city forcing home players to be vaccinated and ignoring negative tests.... seems like more of a political game than a safety measure.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Iíd give you good odds on Kyrie retiring due to the vaccination rule though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can see that too. Basketball doesnít seem to be his primary focus anymore. He seems like he has other things off the court that are more important to him but nothing is going to pay him like basketball does.

Should have done this earlier

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

in terms of one day at a time safety- a negative test is as good or better than being vaccinated. If I am the team- I might prefer the player be vaccinated because if he catches covid..... I think its likely he fights it off a lot faster and it is very unlikely to get him seriously ill.

But the city forcing home players to be vaccinated and ignoring negative tests.... seems like more of a political game than a safety measure.
    I think were on the same page. I agree with you, I think the vaccine passports are over reach. Shouldnt take a persons ability away to put food on the table. doesnt matter if they are a pro athlete or considered essential service and everything in between.

I agree, and the political stuff, it seems to me, is making the vaccination uptake actually slow down.

The away players not being required to be vaccinated or testing is just stupid. It's much like politicians setting hard rules then ignoring them themselves.

According to Fauci having had Covid is probably more effective than the vaccine, so if Wiggins has had Covid he should be good to go without a vaccination.

But, like you, I think a test is a good idea to make everyone feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisclover View Post
    Should have done this earlier
    You mean last season? When there were not enough vaccines for all the people who wanted them?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I agree, and the political stuff, it seems to me, is making the vaccination uptake actually slow down.

The away players not being required to be vaccinated or testing is just stupid. It's much like politicians setting hard rules then ignoring them themselves.

According to Fauci having had Covid is probably more effective than the vaccine, so if Wiggins has had Covid he should be good to go without a vaccination.

But, like you, I think a test is a good idea to make everyone feel better.
    Yup- the reason they do that is so performers/ artists don't just cancel this stop on their tour for concerts/ shows/ events..... which would be easy for them to do. Performers cancelling would hurt the city more than it would hurt an individual performer who could just opt to skip SF or NY.

Agreed- it makes the rule kinda BS if the city works to balance it with the amount of leverage they think they have. I dont know if the warriors would just opt to play in San Jose or something.

I heard that Wiggins is only allowed to practice by himself too. I thought the warriors owned a practice facility. Seems the city shouldnt be able to stop players in a privately owned facility from practicing.

I hope its not true that the warriors are intentionally putting public pressure on wiggins. Shaming someone isnt the best way to get them to feel comfortable doing something.

Warriors should be working with the city and the players union to try and find a work around (IE- rapid covid test shortly before games and practices)

Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast