Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Science will inevitably contradict itself when better information becomes available. That's how science works. Frankly, I wouldn't trust science that never evolves...

This is again, another cop out. Fauci, or the messaging isn't why they are skeptical. If science and Fauci were 100% consistent they'd still be skeptical and refuse.

How many more excuses are we going to make for them before we acknowledge they just won't get the vaccine?
    You make these blanket statements about 100+ million people as if they are facts. I think, and I've seen studies that support, that a large portion of the unvaccinated are not hard line anti-vax as you seem to think, but rather are just lazy, apathetic, haven't been able to find the time, are missing some critical data, don't have the money to lose to lost work time, don't have the energy, or are scared because of the messed up messaging. The fact that some 15+% of people who have had one vax shot haven't come back for the 2nd certainly supports that position.

But sure assume it's all because they are political/anti-science extremists if it makes you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    You make these blanket statements about 100+ million people as if they are facts. I think, and I've seen studies that support, that a large portion of the unvaccinated are not hard line anti-vax as you seem to think, but rather are just lazy, apathetic, haven't been able to find the time, are missing some critical data, don't have the money to lose to lost work time, don't have the energy, or are scared because of the messed up messaging. The fact that some 15+% of people who have had one vax shot haven't come back for the 2nd certainly supports that position.

But sure assume it's all because they are political/anti-science extremists if it makes you feel better.
    Make no mistake, you are also making assumptions. It's been over 7 months, of nonstop pressure, community outreach, mandates, etc. to get the vaccine.

The idea that they all want to get it they just haven't is bunk. You have been bending over backward to make excuses for them and every time something happens that makes it easier, the rates don't go up and you make another excuse.

Why do you think heavily Trump leaning counties have such high rates of covid deaths and low vaccine rates while heavily anti-Trump counties have such low deaths and high vaccines rates recently? Coincidence?

Make no mistake, you are also making assumptions. It's been over 7 months, of nonstop pressure, community outreach, mandates, etc. to get the vaccine.

The idea that they all want to get it they just haven't is bunk. You have been bending over backward to make excuses for them and every time something happens that makes it easier, the rates don't go up and you make another excuse.

Why do you think heavily Trump leaning counties have such high rates of covid deaths and low vaccine rates while heavily anti-Trump counties have such low deaths and high vaccines rates recently? Coincidence?

maybe we should bring this back to unvaccinated NBA players.

Andrew Wiggins is not a Trump supporter and I doubt Bradley Beal or Jonathan Isaac are either. There must be other reasons they are hesitant about getting the vaccine.

Isaac is definitely a Trump supporter

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    maybe we should bring this back to unvaccinated NBA players.

Andrew Wiggins is not a Trump supporter and I doubt Bradley Beal or Jonathan Isaac are either. There must be other reasons they are hesitant about getting the vaccine.
    There probably are, I think for most those reasons are not something to where they will get it if we remove the obstacles Scoots says.

We were told it was a problem of educating them, so they were educated and still refused. We were told it was because Fauci and Biden pushed it, so Trump told them to get it and they refused. We were told it was because it doesn't have FDA approval, then it got approval and they refused.

It's always the next excuse and they never get it, even when that excuse is eliminated. It's because they flat don't want to get it, maybe not for any articulable reason. They just adamantly don't want to. That group is a lot larger than people like Scotts think.

There probably are, I think for most those reasons are not something to where they will get it if we remove the obstacles Scoots says.

We were told it was a problem of educating them, so they were educated and still refused. We were told it was because Fauci and Biden pushed it, so Trump told them to get it and they refused. We were told it was because it doesn't have FDA approval, then it got approval and they refused.

It's always the next excuse and they never get it, even when that excuse is eliminated. It's because they flat don't want to get it, maybe not for any articulable reason. They just adamantly don't want to. That group is a lot larger than people like Scotts think.
    I think I land in the middle. I am very very very pro vaccine. I don't feel comfortable with vaccine mandates though, and a persons character being judged solely by whether he/she feels comfortable getting a vaccine. I feel like that is the narrative here in the bay area with Wiggins now. Painting him like he is some lunatic, and I dont like it.
    Last edited by likemystylez; 09-29-2021 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    I think I land in the middle. I am very very very pro vaccine. I don't feel comfortable with vaccine mandates though, and a persons character being judged solely by whether he/she feels comfortable getting a vaccine. I feel like that is the narrative here in the bay area with Wiggins now. Painting him like he is some lunatic, and I dont like it.
    I don't know much about Wiggins to be honest, but wasn't he considered a lunatic before all this went down? Or was that just about his work ethic and inability to get better on the court?

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/riotimes...-vaccines/amp/

I’m just gonna leave this here. Make of it what you will.

“According to the report from Public Health Ontario (PHO), as of August 7, 106 people under the age of 25 have been hospitalized for myocarditis related to Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna Covid-19 vaccines.”

“Canadian province of Ontario shows that more than 100, mostly young people, were hospitalized for heart inflammation after receiving one of the mRNA type of vaccines.”

Stay clear of moderna
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 09-29-2021 at 07:52 PM.

I never said the all want to get it.

I haven't made excuses. Everyone should get it (assuming medically okay).

I don't know much about Wiggins to be honest, but wasn't he considered a lunatic before all this went down? Or was that just about his work ethic and inability to get better on the court?
    I don't think he was seen as a lunatic, I think he was basically disliked because he was paid like an alpha star when that's just not him.

I wonder what ends up happening with guys like Irving, Wiggins, MPJ etc do they just forfeit earnings every game they miss?

He isnt a superstar, but coaches and team mates typically have nice things to say about him as a colleague. Hes a chill/ pretty down to earth guy in most interviews too. Andre Igudaula basically said on media day that he respects andrew's decision and way he views things.

Granted- I think its tacky when the media asks questions to Steph and Iggy trying to get them to attack their teammate through the media.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I wonder what ends up happening with guys like Irving, Wiggins, MPJ etc do they just forfeit earnings every game they miss?
    Im wondering if there is a way the team can categorize the player as not an employee but some type of contracted assistant and he gets the same treatment from the city as visiting players.

Listening to bob myers and steve kerr talk about wiggins, they sounded confident that the situation would be resolved by the time the season starts and they were kinda vague on how theyd get to that point..... so maybe they are having conversations that they dont want to be publicly documented. Ownership might be convincing the city that it might be in everyones best interest if they city works with the warriors to find another solution.

Jonathan Isaac giving his reasons at the 2:15 mark. https://youtu.be/gteFcUlxjyY

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Jonathan Isaac giving his reasons at the 2:15 mark. https://youtu.be/gteFcUlxjyY
    He doesnt sound like an anti-vaxer or someone who is against science. He has put thought into his decision and has done medical research. He made a decision that he thought was best for him individually at this time.

Im not sure who he voted for Valade16, but it doesnt sound like that is whats driving his decision

Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast