Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 57 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Then we need to stop saying "distrust the government" on a specific issue for which we should not be distrustful. We shouldn't distrust the government's claims about a vaccine because we agree they are legitimate.

As for the second part, if there is a better solution than passports or mandates, I'm all for it. I haven't seen it. Until we see it, if these are the best options we have right now to get the most people vaccinated, we should do it.
    But we know that, that is not the reality for everyone. You and I certainly can agree, but we were discussing as to why everyone wont voluntarily go on their own and its mostly due to that I would say. Even if we call them conspiracy theorists or whatever, we know a lot of these people exist. Also the perception that religious people have can play a factor as well. If someone genuinely thinks that it is against their beliefs, then forcing them seems a bit extreme. My aunt for example wont get the vaccine because she thinks its stigmatic. I think that's a bigger problem in the bible belt states more than any where else. But we know that those people exists as well. Not to say all Christians believe this, but a portion do. Just things to consider as to reasons why were not voluntarily getting to 100% on our own.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    I wouldn't take it personally from Saddles. He pretends to be angry af at everyone but I don't think he is really that angry/critical (maybe I'm wrong and he is, idk). The only person I've seen Saddles speak normally to is MightBoston. Perhaps we should pretend to be Rockets fans and he'll embrace us?
    I am a Rockets fan lol.. never had any issue before, just in this one thread. But its all good, I know that its a highly controversial topic and emotions run high.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    But we know that, that is not the reality for everyone. You and I certainly can agree, but we were discussing as to why everyone wont voluntarily go on their own and its mostly due to that I would say. Even if we call them conspiracy theorists or whatever, we know a lot of these people exist. Also the perception that religious people have can play a factor as well. If someone genuinely thinks that it is against their beliefs, then forcing them seems a bit extreme. My aunt for example wont get the vaccine because she thinks its stigmatic. I think that's a bigger problem in the bible belt states more than any where else. But we know that those people exists as well. Not to say all Christians believe this, but a portion do. Just things to consider as to reasons why were not voluntarily getting to 100% on our own.
    If there is a legitimate religious exception they shouldn't have to get the vaccine (though I think you're going to see millions now claiming it goes against their religious principles when it really doesn't).

I know we will never get to 100%, but if we took out everyone who had a legitimate reason they couldn't get the vaccine, we should still have enough get it to reach herd immunity. The reason we won't get there is because there are so many who are just flat out refusing for biased or factually inaccurate reasons. So we have to figure out how to get there. If we have a better option than mandates like I said, I'm all ears. But I have yet to hear one, and "give up" is not a good alternative to me.

I find it strange that there will be vaccine mandates for team personnel and referees but not one for players. As per Woj

I find it strange that there will be vaccine mandates for team personnel and referees but not one for players. As per Woj
    LeBron per Me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    LeBron per Me

Le-antivax? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Thank you for saving me the time of pointing that out. But studies show that the vaccine are more effective than not getting them by a drastic amount, even if they are not 95% against delta.
    Not only that but its less transmissible when one is vaccinated. Less transmissible directly means to less variants.

I still dont believe there should be mandates, I think it paves a way for pushing political agenda in the future regarding health. But the science unequivocally makes me believe everyone that can get vaccinated, should.

The conspiracy theories are hilarious. But most people push the death rates as the only reason not to get vaccinated, as we allow this virus to mutate with action, a virus can eventually become very deadly.

How science is politicized now, I highly question how we would do with something like Polio today.

You do realize that was a debate you were having with another poster right? I was only trying to clarify the point he was making. I then went on to say that its reasonable enough for Biden to change his stance based on new information. Yet you're adamant to resort to insults and hulking up in sports forum instead of seeing that I have agreed with you on that point.

You certainly have enlightened me, again thanks for dumbing everything down so that I can understand I hope that by resorting to insults you feel empowered in some sort of way.
    Glad I got to enlighten you. Now Im going to go flip a table in celebration 😠💥🥳😵*💫

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Glad I got to enlighten you. Now Im going to go flip a table in celebration 😠💥🥳😵*💫
    Lol As long as were all in good spirits

Andrew Wiggins and Kyrie Irving have yet to be vaccinated at all.

The Warriors are continually bringing in experts to sit down with Wiggins to explain the benefits of the vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

The Warriors are continually bringing in experts to sit down with Wiggins to explain the benefits of the vaccine.
    Wiggins has never struck me a really smart guy. If hes not allowed to play any home games this year I wonder if the team has any grounds to fine him. Same goes for Kyrie.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

Man if you're Dray or Steph you gotta be pissed. Both dudes are on the wrong side of 30 and are trying to get one or two more swings at a title before their prime starts to fade (Draymond especially). They can't afford to let Wiggins screw this up for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Wiggins has never struck me a really smart guy. If hes not allowed to play any home games this year I wonder if the team has any grounds to fine him. Same goes for Kyrie.
    Id give you good odds on Kyrie retiring due to the vaccination rule though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    they do have grounds to fine him. if he misses things like practice and team events- those are required in his contract.

I expect players union to fight for a work around though.

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    Man if you're Dray or Steph you gotta be pissed. Both dudes are on the wrong side of 30 and are trying to get one or two more swings at a title before their prime starts to fade (Draymond especially). They can't afford to let Wiggins screw this up for them.
    klays been screwing it up for the last 2 yrs.... and the team drafted 2 guys under 20 yrs old.

Page 31 of 57 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast