Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 45 of 57 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    When I said he was vaccinated he had been vaccinated. You just decided I meant in the distant past for some reason.
    Honestly the time line doesnt even really matter. All that matters is that he ended up getting vaccinated and now has the green light to join his team and can focus on having a great season.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...vid-cases.html

Nationwide, there aren't more. Cases, hospitalizations and deaths are all lower than their peaks last fall. Also, if you were to track where the cases, hospitalizations and deaths have been highest, it's the states with the lowest vaccination rates.
    2 diff news sources claiming it was 300% higher this year this last yearÖ

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...-percent-rise/

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-n...than-last-year

More deadlierÖ

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/06/24/covid-is-deadlier-this-year-than-all-of-2020-why-do-americans-think-its-over.html

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post

Ahh yes, the olí Scoots ďAll or NothingĒ philosophy.

People that donít want to vaccinate arenít going to get vaccinated. Those same people arenít going to be masking up as much if they donít have to.
    There have consistently been new people getting vaccinated every day. Even before employment requirements and booster shots over the last month. Vaccines arent being given at the same rate they were in April and May, but the swtatement that unvaccinatged people will never get vaccinated isnt true.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    natural immunity will eventually get us a grip.

i get my flu vaccine every year. I honestly dont stress out and worry about who around me has gotten the flu vaccine when i go out and do things.

Ive been vacinated for measles- I dont worry about people from 3rd world countries vaccination status.... because i believe i am safe based on my own vaccination.
    Do you worry about ďthemĒ putting a micro chip in you with other vaccines?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Do you worry about ďthemĒ putting a micro chip in you with other vaccines?
    thats not the only concern people have.

100 canadian men have had heart concerns from moderna in Ontario, and have been hospitlized. We are being advised to stay away from that vaccine (moderna) if were are ages between 19-24 for men. media. https://torontosun.com/news/provinci...heart-problems

If you think that every one who has genuine concern about the vaccine is just because of a micro chip you need to think twice my brother because there is a serious health concern for healthy people who are now having heart problems due to the vaccine and this is not a conspiracy it is in our news
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 10-04-2021 at 02:19 PM.

In order for us all to get to a high enough vaccination rate for herd immunity we have to understand what all of our concerns are. Dismissing peoples concerns and categorizing them as conspiracy theorists is counter productive. We have to understand that were all on the same side. There shouldn't be a divide, there shouldn't be people tisking each other for their stance. Their should be more understanding, more awareness, more education to help these people feel safer so that they can go a head and get the vaccine in confidence, and with a reassured mind that it is safe to do so. Forcing or judging, is simply not the way.

Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    I see where your at in confirmation bias.

Simple, more restrictions last year. Businesses were not open to the extent they are now. Itís really not hard to see why there are more cases when on top of it delta is a stronger variant.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    In order for us all to get to a high enough vaccination rate for herd immunity we have to understand what all of our concerns are. Dismissing peoples concerns and categorizing them as conspiracy theorists is counter productive. We have to understand that were all on the same side. There shouldn't be a divide, there shouldn't be people tisking each other for their stance. Their should be more understanding, more awareness, more education to help these people feel safer so that they can go a head and get the vaccine in confidence, and with a reassured mind that it is safe to do so. Forcing or judging, is simply not the way.
    To an extent I agree. But the majority of people make their decision based on politics. Itís your choice, and to me I donít argue that. Micro chipping with vaccines? Itís a wild conspiracy that simply is not true. Itís to new? To an extent that is false. We donít know whatís in it? United States citizens eat and drink **** that is absolutely terrible for you. Clotting and myocarditis? I can understand the hesitancy although the risk is lower than what most Americans are doing in their lives.

Patients come in and have these preconceived notions and no matter what the doctor says about the vaccine they refuse to believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    To an extent I agree. But the majority of people make their decision based on politics. Itís your choice, and to me I donít argue that. Micro chipping with vaccines? Itís a wild conspiracy that simply is not true. Itís to new? To an extent that is false. We donít know whatís in it? United States citizens eat and drink **** that is absolutely terrible for you. Clotting and myocarditis? I can understand the hesitancy although the risk is lower than what most Americans are doing in their lives.

Patients come in and have these preconceived notions and no matter what the doctor says about the vaccine they refuse to believe it.
    Thats a bad asssumption someone made that all people who have concerns about the vaccines is routed by this idea that its a micro chip. Every one that I have spoken to that isnt vaccinated say that is the least of their concerns as they udnerstand that our phones get tracked anyways and who leaves their house with out their phones?

But even then, tisking or judging, or making fun of that person isnt going to make them feel better. Educating them, and having them better informed so that they have a peace of mind might be a better way to go about convincing these sort of people that its safe. Ridicule is hardly a strategy. And that's my point.

If you have concerns about something, does me making fun of you make you feel better about it? probably not right? but what if we had an honest conversation where your voice is heard and maybe some of your worries could be put to rest with better information and reassurance. Attacking people who have serious concerns isn't going to make them feel any less paranoid is my point brother. Spreading awareness, and educating people has always been a more logical approach imo.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Honestly the time line doesnt even really matter. All that matters is that he ended up getting vaccinated and now has the green light to join his team and can focus on having a great season.
    I agree. I think it was just some users looking for something in my post that wasn't there. What matters is that he has been vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I agree. I think it was just some users looking for something in my post that wasn't there. What matters is that he has been vaccinated.
    that has become really annoying on these boards of late. Like we cant just discuss topics anymore every one just looks for something to do an " I gotcha" its kinda lame. lol

Any ways, Wiggins being a toronto kid I always wanted to see him suceed. I kinda gave up on him before he went to the Warriors because I thought he was who he was as a player. But he put together a nice little season for himself last year and Im looking forward to seeing him play with Golden State being back to full strength. or almost there.

People that donít want to vaccinate arenít going to get vaccinated. Those same people arenít going to be masking up as much if they donít have to.
    You reference me when quoting someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    So, a couple of things here worth noting.

1. You're using Labor Day 2020 as a baseline comparison, but that's not fair. COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths hadn't come close to peaking at that point. They peaked in the winter at the tail end of 2020 and start of 2021. (To be fair, I said "last fall," but I should have said "last winter.")

2. Of course there were more deaths in 2021. As I just stated above, everything peaked last winter, and deaths typically trail cases by a couple of weeks. Using the NYT link I shared above, the worst stretch of COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. wasn't in 2020, it was from early January to early February 2021.

3. Also, the vaccine wasn't even approved for emergency use until December, and the rollout of it was fairly slow. The majority of the population didn't even have access to it until April or May.

Bottom line, the notion that things have been worse since since the vaccine has been widely available is just totally inaccurate. Despite this being a more powerful, more contagious version of the virus than the wave we experienced in the winter, there have been fewer cases, hospitalizations and deaths than there were at the peak back in January.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    There have consistently been new people getting vaccinated every day. Even before employment requirements and booster shots over the last month. Vaccines arent being given at the same rate they were in April and May, but the swtatement that unvaccinatged people will never get vaccinated isnt true.
    Particularly considering that there are millions who got the first of 2 shots and didn't come back to get the 2nd since. It's evidence that it's not a hard core "anti-vax" stance, but something much more mundane like laziness, opportunity, or apathy.

I wasn't going to get vaccinated. I was hesitant all last year. Only this year I did because I started to feel more comfortable as I did more research and reassured myself that I was going to be safe. There are people who can get swayed one way or another as more information becomes available. Also there are people that are waiting to see if you and I have side effects before they take it. Sounds a bit selfish, but that's reality.

Page 45 of 57 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast