Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    ive never heard of a vaccine where you require all the vaccinated people to continue wearing masks after they get the vaccine for the sole reason that it might provide more protection?

Its not really like the alarm system. its like putting sun tan lotion on.... then wearing full clothing and a face mask while out in the sun.
    It’s nothing like that because clothing is 100% effective at stopping sunburns and if it’s not, sun tan lotion is indeed a good idea…

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Only if you are working to misunderstand it.
    Nah, it was a **** post. He was not vaccinated, He got vaccinated. It was not a hot take created by the media. he wasn’t vaccinated at the time of their story.
    Last edited by valade16; 10-04-2021 at 01:51 AM.

natural immunity will eventually get us a grip.

i get my flu vaccine every year. I honestly dont stress out and worry about who around me has gotten the flu vaccine when i go out and do things.

Ive been vacinated for measles- I dont worry about people from 3rd world countries vaccination status.... because i believe i am safe based on my own vaccination.
    The last time the flu killed this many this quickly, we did worry though.

mehhh- i just dont like being forced to wear masks in the gym when im in a county that has 86% of eligible people vaccinated. and a positive percentage of less than 1.5%

Heck- there are some gyms that require everyone be vaccinated and STILL REQUIRE MASKS. so that means even if we get 100% of the population vaccinated... masks forever?
    So help me understand your position. What do you think should be done right now for everyone?

Do you believe that we should already be back to normal? Everyone should throw their masks in a sock drawer and whoever is vaccinated thus far great, and whoever isn't "oh well, they had time and it's their choice"?

And if the hospital systems are overwhelmed again, then what? Do you think you will be able to convince those people to go dig up those old masks in the sock drawer?

I think the public health officials are doing the right thing in being cautious. Once you run out and tell everyone it's okay to not wear a mask, if you turn around and tell them we need masks again, any trust is long gone. You look like a waffling idiot.

We got a lot of experts here on vaccines. Very amusing. How about ask yourself this, why are there more cases now this year than last year when now millions have been vaccinated? I like to hear your expert advice on this…

Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    We got a lot of experts here on vaccines. Very amusing. How about ask yourself this, why are there more cases now this year than last year when now millions have been vaccinated? I like to hear your expert advice on this…
    Darwin’s “Survival of the fittest” theory. This fits with bacteria, virus, humans, animals- all things living, and can be applied to economics as well.

In Covid, the original virus is no longer the one that causes the most cases. The Delta variant is the one reported in 83 percent of cases. Why does it happen? A virus needs the ability to invade a host (person), and as it spreads from host to host it can evolve and make adaptions based on the environment. The delta variant is just a virus make mutations, but based of Darwin’s theory that is applied all over life, it doesn’t mutate to a weaker virus. It gets stronger so it can “survive”.

There are a lot of reasons that play a part in increase of cases but the big reason is Mutations are very successful. Delta is more transmissible, carries higher viral loads. And when science turns political you don’t have enough vaccinated. People think cause they are vaccinated they can do whatever. People having issues with masks. People being assymtomatic and still being able to spread the virus.

If you follow the theory, it likely means Covid which has shown to mutate quickly, there is a chance in the future you will test the survival of the fittest of humans to extreme. So the best thing you can do is go to extremes now to prevent that in the future.

Ah, you think you cracked the conspiracy !

Surface thinking like this will never accomplish anything man.

It's along the same lines when climate change deniers say "well, this could just be a phase the earth goes through ". Scientists know more than all of us as basic observations like these aren't even worth mentioning.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The last time the flu killed this many this quickly, we did worry though.
    when we got a flu vaccine.... (that wasnt nearly as effective as covid vaccines) we didnt require people to wear masks.

the idea that masks are required unless you have 100% protection is kind of insane. To top it off- we dont have plans on creating a vaccine that is 100% effective. That doesnt leave a clear path back to normal.

Also does it make sense for people to wear masks in the gym at 4 am when there are 5 people in the gym, but they can take it off at bars and restaurants when the place is packed? Masks are an i voted for biden symbol.

we took away regulations in June and July and cases were lower than when the mask rules came back in August and September

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Ah, you think you cracked the conspiracy !

Surface thinking like this will never accomplish anything man.

It's along the same lines when climate change deniers say "well, this could just be a phase the earth goes through ". Scientists know more than all of us as basic observations like these aren't even worth mentioning.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HowFit; 10-04-2021 at 10:37 AM.

when we got a flu vaccine.... (that wasnt nearly as effective as covid vaccines) we didnt require people to wear masks.

the idea that masks are required unless you have 100% protection is kind of insane. To top it off- we dont have plans on creating a vaccine that is 100% effective. That doesnt leave a clear path back to normal.

Also does it make sense for people to wear masks in the gym at 4 am when there are 5 people in the gym, but they can take it off at bars and restaurants when the place is packed? Masks are an i voted for biden symbol.

we took away regulations in June and July and cases were lower than when the mask rules came back in August and September
    It looked like we were doing great in June and July and then the new variant hit. Taking away the regulations also helped Covid. If anything, the bolded sentence just proves that we need to go back to masking and more people need to get vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Nah, it was a **** post. He was not vaccinated, He got vaccinated. It was not a hot take created by the media. he wasn’t vaccinated at the time of their story.
    When I said he was vaccinated he had been vaccinated. You just decided I meant in the distant past for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    It looked like we were doing great in June and July and then the new variant hit. Taking away the regulations also helped Covid. If anything, the bolded sentence just proves that we need to go back to masking and more people need to get vaccinated.
    i agree with getting people vaccinated.....masking is almost impossible to do consistently, and if it isnt consistent it doesnt have a point. Also the proof that vaccines are effective is a lot more compelling than the proof that very good masks are working. The vast majority wear the worst of the worst masks.

If you want more people to vaccinate- allow vaccination to be a path back to normal (IE- no masks). but if you vaccinate people then treat everyone the same.... its poor messaging. again- no other vaccines require to mask up afterward.... and there are plenty of vaccines that are not 100%. The likelihood of a vaccinated person getting seriously ill is low enough that it should be an acceptable risk for most people. Unvaccinagted people should still mask up- preferably N 95s

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...vid-cases.html

Nationwide, there aren't more. Cases, hospitalizations and deaths are all lower than their peaks last fall. Also, if you were to track where the cases, hospitalizations and deaths have been highest, it's the states with the lowest vaccination rates.

i agree with getting people vaccinated.....masking is almost impossible to do consistently, and if it isnt consistent it doesnt have a point

Ahh yes, the ol’ Scoots “All or Nothing” philosophy.

Also the proof that vaccines are effective is a lot more compelling than the proof that very good masks are working. The vast majority wear the worst of the worst masks.

If you want more people to vaccinate- allow vaccination to be a path back to normal (IE- no masks). but if you vaccinate people then treat everyone the same.... its poor messaging. again- no other vaccines require to mask up afterward.... and there are plenty of vaccines that are not 100%. The likelihood of a vaccinated person getting seriously ill is low enough that it should be an acceptable risk for most people. Unvaccinagted people should still mask up- preferably N 95s
    People that don’t want to vaccinate aren’t going to get vaccinated. Those same people aren’t going to be masking up as much if they don’t have to.

Hey it looks like Wiggins decided to be apart of the solution. Im glad because I want to see him succeed. He had a nice solid season last year and turned himself in to a pretty good two way player. Now with Klay back the Warriors can make some noise again and Im happy Andrew is in place and position where he can succeed.

Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast