Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Zack Scott arrested for drunk driving

Lmao

Roflmfaololmets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Zack Scott Busted for drunk Driving

It’s another thumbs-down for the Mets.

Acting General Manager Zack Scott is facing driving while intoxicated charges after he was busted dozing in his car in White Plains, The Post has learned.

Scott, 44, was nabbed at 4:17 a.m. Tuesday when cops caught him snoozing in a 2018 Toyota on South Lexington Avenue near the federal courthouse, White Plains Police Capt. James Spencer said Wednesday.

Sandy sure knows how to hire them.

Funny how people are clamoring for Theo to change the culture.

You mean Epstein who brought back POS Addison Russell? Turned a blind eye to Jared Porter? Traded for Aroldis Chapman post suspension?

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

I think its time to clean house. Get rid of Sandy, Zack and eveyrone else.

Maybe it is time to get rid of Sandy after this season. Because he is a pretty bad judge of character

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Maybe it is time to get rid of Sandy after this season. Because he is a pretty bad judge of character
    To be totally honest, I never liked Alderson. I thought he was a very poor GM after having a very dynamic GM in Minaya. Minaya seemed to always get the player he needed and his drafts were usually good ones. I also didn't like the choice of Van Wagenen as GM either. Why can't we go out and get the "best" GM available and the "best experienced" manager around? Why is it that we are teaching BVW how to be a GM or now it's Scott how to be a GM especially after Cohen goes out in public and says he doesn't want anyone in his front office "learning on his dime". Well... what is Scott doing.

Back to Alderson, he got major kudos for his money ball style. That works in smaller markets with perhaps less money to spend like Oakland. It should never be the style in major markets like New York. Before we start acting like the Dodgers, maybe we need to change the front office to be more like the Dodgers. Let's see that trickle down.

Alderson needs to retire or step aside and do something like count Cohen's money. He should never be allowed to make another decision regarding the Mets on-field product. Whomever comes in to take his place, needs to be able to put his or her own front office team together as well as the manager for the team in 2022.

Mr. Steve Cohen, I hope you read these messages. Please replace Alderson and let the new person choose his or her front office and field staff from the GM on down.

I stated in a previous thread that Mr. and Mrs. Payson (we know Joan ran the show) were good friends with George Herbert Walker Jr. who was the uncle and grand uncle of the Bush presidents - in fact they were named after that uncle. He was brought in to help with the business operations of the Mets when they first came into existence. Can't we do the same with Alderson. Remember, M. Donald Grant was the President of Baseball Ops and George Weiss was GM in the beginning. Walker never made a baseball operations decision in his time with the Mets. Alderson should never make anymore baseball operations decisions either. Alderson should be this teams Herbert Walker while Mr. Cohen brings in a new President of Baseball Ops and GM. Do not let Alderson make those decisions. Maybe provide some advice but nothing more than that.
    Last edited by swbwtr; 09-01-2021 at 04:30 PM.

By the way, I am not saying Theo is the only option around. I am just saying the man has experience and success in the big stage turning not one, but two organizations around. Every baseball executive will make some bad moves, but Theo made mostly good ones. I can't seem to remember what really good ones Alderson made with the Mets.

[emoji2359][emoji2359][emoji2359][emoji2359][emoji2359][emoji2359][emoji2359][emoji2359][emoji2359][emoji2359]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Btw this led to a murder today when Jeff Passan committed a homicide and murdered Jacob Wohl father.

The greatest burn ever.

https://twitter.com/brianmfloyd/stat...247413762?s=21

Well at least they’re consistent.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Who was it that wanted him to become the official GM earlier in the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Who was it that wanted him to become the official GM earlier in the season?

At this point you have to clean house. You really don't want anyone here that has been involved with this mess of a season. Some of the players need to be held accountable too. I'm not usually one to give an organization a whole restructuring because most of the time that rhetoric is overblown but this team needs it.

Cohen needs to pick his spots more in terms of how vocal he is as well but enough with Alderson, Scott, and as I said some of the players.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-01-2021 at 11:38 PM.

I wonder what can the Mets do to get Erik Neander?

If not him get Bobby Heck, I mean the dude has worked with Friedman, Bloom, Neander and Matt Silverman.

Or just go back to Billy Owens?

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I wonder what can the Mets do to get Erik Neander?

If not him get Bobby Heck, I mean the dude has worked with Friedman, Bloom, Neander and Matt Silverman.

Or just go back to Billy Owens?

The problem as I see it is that anyone who is an experienced top notch baseball executive doesn't want to work for Sandy. So Cohen needs to do the hiring and put the new top baseball exec (call him President of Baseball Operations and GM) at least on equal footing with Sandy, both reporting directly to Cohen. Let that new PBO and GM hire his own front office or interview those already there (but I think Zack Scott needs to go). Then once he has a capable assistant GM of his own, go out and hire the new manager, but this time someone with not only experience but success. I am not saying that Luis Rojas isn't capable, but he is inexperienced at the major league level and not successful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast