Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    You had to figure they'd eventually fizzle out..

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    I'm guessing that Rizzo, Baez, and even Bryant had in their careers more than one stretch of 30 games where they hit less than .200. Pitchers change how they pitch to batters. The good hitters change to be able to keep up. Lets see if Wisdom and Ortega are able to.
    Last edited by Stevemil505; 09-11-2021 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    I'm guessing that Rizzo, Baez, and even Bryant had in their careers more than one stretch of 30 games where they hit less than .200. Pitchers change how they pitch to batters. The good hitters change to be able to keep up. Lets see if Wisdom and Ortega are able to.
    Yeah could just be a bad month.

Ultimately glad they lost, but, wasn't happy to see Rivas, down by 1 with the bases loaded, chase a 3-2 pitch headed for his neck, in the bottom of the 7th. That came after Contreras was rung up on a pitch out of the zone.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Ultimately glad they lost, but, wasn't happy to see Rivas, down by 1 with the bases loaded, chase a 3-2 pitch headed for his neck, in the bottom of the 7th. That came after Contreras was rung up on a pitch out of the zone.
    Correct about both Willson and Rivas' ABs.-One bad call by ump and one bad swing decision.
    Last edited by Stevemil505; 09-13-2021 at 11:28 AM.

Better day yesterday for both--Ortega 2-4, and Wisdom 1-1, a double. Hopefully, turning the corner.

OT: I know it's not Cubs related but Cub adjacent but Douchebag Braun officially retired today.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Poor Mike Montgomery. I didn't even know he was in the KBO.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...?ocid=msedgntp
    They REALLY need to start to enforce the 12 second rule in MLB. There's just too much "dead time" in baseball. And while they're at it, starting enforcing the stepping out of the box after every pitch to jag around with their gloves, bat, helmet, etc. If they aren't going to enforce them, why do they have the rules?

Heyward to the 7 day DL, Klay Thompson's brother called up. Hermosillo 60 DL.
    Screw sabermetics.

Javy is ****ing mashing with the Mets l. Almost up to a 1.0 OPS now, and 830 on the season.

They should add some kind of texture to homeplate. I've seen so many players slip or twist ankles when running across the plate. I think Rizzo did this year.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Javy is ****ing mashing with the Mets l. Almost up to a 1.0 OPS now, and 830 on the season.

Another good day for Wisdom: 2-4, double and his 26th HR, trying Bryant's rookie record for the Cubs, in just over half the ABs that Cris had. So so day for Ortega, 1-4, an RBIdouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    They should add some kind of texture to homeplate. I've seen so many players slip or twist ankles when running across the plate. I think Rizzo did this year.
    It would have to be something that doesnt catch on cleats though. That could cause the same type of issue.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I see the Cardinals jumped into the second WC spot, Padres Reds and Phils all slumping now

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    OT: I know it's not Cubs related but Cub adjacent but Douchebag Braun officially retired today.
    My only hope now is that he completely disappears and isn’t involved in Baseball in any capacity. Anyone who tries to ruin a persons reputation and calls them an anti-Semite (WTF?) should have no role in Baseball in retirement.

What happened to Darvish

https://twitter.com/ballskwok/status...962423296?s=19

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast