Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 381
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    I'd absolutely take the bet that Rizzo is the much much better player moving forward and i'd work to get him back next year.
    The question is whether Rizzo is $13-15 million better than Schwindel, and could that money be put to better use elsewhere on the team?

    I still like Rizzo, Schwindel is a DH option too.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    46,585
    Frank is making me eat my words about being a platoon partner lately lol

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    46,585
    Frank is the first player in loke 60 years to have the game winning hit in the 6th inning or later in 4 straight games

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    6,470
    From "Frank the Tank" to "Screw the tank, Frank."
    Screw sabermetics.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,890
    I am gone for a week and a half and this team forgot that they are supposed to be tanking? 7 game winning streak? lol.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,693
    Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    I am gone for a week and a half and this team forgot that they are supposed to be tanking? 7 game winning streak? lol.
    Schwindel is carrying this team big time. Also the other solid pieces Hoyer called up are contributing too. Its unfortunate because these wins are useless and now we are sitting at the 10th pick with a real possibility to drop down even more spots with 5 games against the twins (2) and the pirates (3).

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    46,585
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyCantWeWin View Post
    Schwindel is carrying this team big time. Also the other solid pieces Hoyer called up are contributing too. Its unfortunate because these wins are useless and now we are sitting at the 10th pick with a real possibility to drop down even more spots with 5 games against the twins (2) and the pirates (3).
    We also can't get the 10th pick since the Mets couldn't sign Rocker. So we need to stay in the top 9 or we fall to 11+

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    13,597
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    We also can't get the 10th pick since the Mets couldn't sign Rocker. So we need to stay in the top 9 or we fall to 11+
    I believe the Mets would get pick 11, since they failed to sign the 10th pick this year.

    If so, the Cubs could be 10th but if they fall outside the top 10 then itíll be 12+.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    46,585
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I believe the Mets would get pick 11, since they failed to sign the 10th pick this year.

    If so, the Cubs could be 10th but if they fall outside the top 10 then itíll be 12+.
    Oh that's right. I try not to trip on this stuff so much but I get why people are frustrated by this recent streak. For me it's so much the difference between quality of player because there are great players selected in the latter half of the first every year basically, but the bigger draft pool is obviously helpful. Hoping they do stay in the top 10.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    13,597

    2021 Chicago Cubs September IGT Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Oh that's right. I try not to trip on this stuff so much but I get why people are frustrated by this recent streak. For me it's so much the difference between quality of player because there are great players selected in the latter half of the first every year basically, but the bigger draft pool is obviously helpful. Hoping they do stay in the top 10.
    Iíd prefer to stay in the top 10 too. If they go nuts in free agency they could be giving away multiple picks after the 1st rounder. That top pick might end up basically being the whole draft so they need to nail it. Free agency might actually dictate the draft strategy too. You probably arenít going too far underslot if your 2nd pick is in the 4th or 5th) round.
    Last edited by CP_414; 09-07-2021 at 11:38 PM.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    9,163
    The streak looks to be over tonight...

    They have 22 games left, i say they end up with 7 or 8 more wins

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

  12. #72
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    22,039
    So I am taking the wife to the game on Friday (our anniversary) and to welcome back Kris Bryant.. Question - Are masks required at Wrigley? Has anyone gone recently? I wasnt sure how updated their guidelines were on the cubs website because it looks the same as when they first allowed fans back. I appreciate any insight

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,590
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    So I am taking the wife to the game on Friday (our anniversary) and to welcome back Kris Bryant.. Question - Are masks required at Wrigley? Has anyone gone recently? I wasnt sure how updated their guidelines were on the cubs website because it looks the same as when they first allowed fans back. I appreciate any insight
    Latest update as of August 19

    Beginning tomorrow, August 20, the Chicago Department of Public Health is requiring everyone over the age of 2, regardless of vaccination status, to wear a face covering in public indoor settings, unless actively eating or drinking.

    Public indoor areas at Wrigley Field include restrooms, elevators, retail spaces, premier clubs and enclosed entrances and hallways. Face coverings are not required in concourse areas and outdoor seating areas. In private suites, face coverings are recommended but not required unless interacting with Wrigley Field staff.

    As a reminder, all Wrigley Field guests who are not fully vaccinated are required to wear a face covering at all times, except when actively eating or drinking. Regardless of vaccination status, individuals who are at risk for severe COVID-19 infection (e.g., immunocompromised) should continue to wear a face covering while visiting Wrigley Field.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1,276
    Now Happ is absolutely on fire. He's hit about 10 homers and raised his average about 50 points in the last month (not easy to do this late in the year). It is unfortunate he wasn't hot earlier in the year before the trade deadline. If he had, we might not have had to have the "firesale" then.
    Last edited by Stevemil505; 09-08-2021 at 09:28 PM.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    46,585
    That ball was absolutely obliterated

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •