Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Cubs lose both to Twins and move to the 7th pick, now they play a red hot Cardinals team this weekend

10 games left
    7 against Cardinals
    3 Pirates

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Say Cubs go 1-6 vs Cards and 2-1 vs Pirates, they would finish with 70 wins, I believe. Wonder what our draft slot will be if at 70 and 92, still #7?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Say Cubs go 1-6 vs Cards and 2-1 vs Pirates, they would finish with 70 wins, I believe. Wonder what our draft slot will be if at 70 and 92, still #7?
    Unless something wild happens 7th is the best case scenario and 9th is the worst case scenario.

Feels like Hermosillo couldn't buy a start when he was healthy and Ross is starting Thompson every day now. Wonder what the deal is with that. Doesn't really matter but mildy annoying

Quote Originally Posted by WhyCantWeWin View Post
    Feels like Hermosillo couldn't buy a start when he was healthy and Ross is starting Thompson every day now. Wonder what the deal is with that. Doesn't really matter but mildy annoying
    Heyward got hurt

Heyward got hurt

Oh yeah I forgot about that. Our golden boy Heyward.

No. 28
    Wisdom just crushed one 453 ft to CF pass the camera box

Marc Gasol’s #1 fan…

Watching the Cards play well with such a average group is very Cub like. But watching them get thump out of the playoffs by the Dodgers after playing so well in September will be fun.

I still think the Cubs will end the Cardinals winning streak.

I know the season is coming to an end and there is no other options by Davies is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad. I would rather the Cubs forfeit his starts instead of playing them.
    Screw sabermetics.

If Hendricks doesn't recover next year we don't have any starting pitching minus a bunch of bottom of the rotation schmucks who could just as easily belong in AAA.

That plus our bad pen is alarming.

Hoyer is a genius if he can build a 90 game winner next year because we're trash.

Quote Originally Posted by chicagofan08 View Post
    Not sure how to feel about this.

Can't blame him for this current AAA roster not winning, but even when we had a lineup half filled with all-stars the results felt underwhelming. He felt like a yes man hire at the time and extending him while questioning whether or not the team is going to spend and be ready to contend sooner rather than later doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling of it being sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by cuzi View Post

Can't blame him for this current AAA roster not winning, but even when we had a lineup half filled with all-stars the results felt underwhelming. He felt like a yes man hire at the time and extending him while questioning whether or not the team is going to spend and be ready to contend sooner rather than later doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling of it being sooner.
    Im gonna guess it only a 2 yr extension, which will get him through 2024 and most of the top young prospects will be up by then.

Im gonna guess it only a 2 yr extension, which will get him through 2024 and most of the top young prospects will be up by then.

I would just rather not keep him around any longer than currently obligated.

Earlier Contreras was throwing everyone but Baez under the bus for slacking. And didn't Baez make some comment about getting fresh voices after going to the Mets? If that's the case then why the hell would you want to extend the guy who was on guard for all of this? From the start it felt more like a hire simply because he was familiar and part of the gang and not so much about his capabilities to actually manage a baseball team.

We dumped Joe Maddon because he was too loose with the players and we hired David Ross? A buddy and former teammate of the entire dugout? Wtf?
    Last edited by cuzi; 09-25-2021 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cuzi View Post

Personally I have no problem with an extension. It's definitely not his fault for the roster he was given. His lineup was half filled with former All-Stars, not current All-Stars. There is no question on whether they are going to spend or not. They are definitely going to spend a lot

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast