Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    It's a dig to the players more than the brain trust IMO
    Fair enough. I took it has the coaching staff in NY is helping him to recognize pitches, where in 7 years the Cubs staff couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    Schwindel wonít continue to hit 330 but heís hit 20+ hrs three times in the minors and has had some production consistently in the minors. I think he could hit .275 with 800 ops over a whole season. Ortega and Wisdom just havenít consistently done the job like Frank.

And they all have age against them and none are likely to be all stars.

Would love to have them on the bench of a really good team. They would be a heck of a bench.
    If those 3 are on the bench( instead of starting), then you would need to bring in 4 or 5 FA position players ( instead of 1 or 2) plus at least 2 starters, a closer and at least 1 set-up RP. Now you are talking of spending $140-$160mill new money (instead of $105-110 mill) and that is NOT happening, imho.

2021 Chicago Cubs September IGT Thread

Iíd love to see Schwindel get a huge volume of off speed and out of the zone pitches the rest of the way.

He likely has a job locked up for next year as the 1b or frequent DH, but Iíd like to see what happens if he stops getting so many fastballs in the zone. Heís never been patient and he hasnít done well against offspeed pitches.
    Last edited by CP_414; 09-21-2021 at 06:25 PM.

He not gone yet..lol

https://twitter.com/BleacherNation/s...396915200?s=19

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Iíd love to see Schwindel get a huge volume of off speed and out of the zone pitches the rest of the way to see what happens.

He likely has a job locked up for next year as the 1b or frequent DH, but Iíd like to see what happens if he stops getting so many fastballs in the zone. Heís never been patient and he hasnít done well against offspeed pitches.
    Yeah I think I checked Baseball Savant a week ago and he was killing fastballs. I'm not overly worried about the offspeed stuff to the point where he'd become an ineffective hitter but he's still had a small sample and I agree we need more data, but most good hitters have weaknesses anyways. I guess we just have to give him AB's & watch him play. We have Rivas as backup, and maybe Wisdom. The patience thing is what pitchers could exploit i agree if they stop throwing him fastballs in the zone.

Meanwhile, Schwindel is on a nine-game hitting streak. Just casually. If you go back to two games before that Ė his first two back-to-back games without a hit Ė you get the ďcoldestĒ streak heís had with the Cubs. The last 11 games, Schwindel is hitting only .333/.373/.604 with a 158 wRC+. Thatís his worst stretch with the Cubs so far. I did not mis-type that sentence. Bonus: he has a 9.8% K rate during that stretch. What heís doing continues to break my brain.

Per Brett
    I love Schwindel's swing, he's a line drive guy who can drive balls too. He's not trying to launch everything like some of our players. We have to assume he'll cool down as pitchers adjust and whatnot but it's still fun to watch.

He's 2nd on the team this year in swing %, between Baez and Wisdom, that's something to watch. He reminds me of Castellanos in his hitting style and approach. Free swinger, line-drive hitter with pop.

Bruh I've known you 15 years and you still swing at the same dumb ****. Try not doing that and maybe they won't boo as much
    Imagine what kind of monster hitter he'd be if he just swung at mostly strikes. His physical talent is incredible. I just don't think his brain is wired that way, he's an extremely aggressive player and that's benefited him in many other ways.

I think some Spanish/Portuguese/Italian people are just different cats, i've known many who have quick tempers or were very emotional people (not all of course, but it seems to be more than other ethnicities). Baez, Contreras, Carlos Zambrano are like this. I played softball with a couple of Italian guys who were good guys but just couldn't stop arguing with umps etc., it was hilarious.

Melbourne in Australia is the place to be. Over the last few days construction workers have been protesting in the CBD against mandatory vaccines within their industry, which has got the industry shut down for two weeks, because of course that would happen since we are into our 5th lockdown and over 220 days of being locked down since the pandemic began (havenít checked but likely the most in the world).

If that wasnít enough, this morning we experienced a major earthquake measuring 6.0 on the richter scale. Never a dull moment. Who said archaic lockdowns canít be good fun?

These 2 games could have some implications on whether the cubs end up 6th or 7th in draft or 8th through 10.

Twins are 2 games worse then cubs in 7th spot

Even though Cubs lost, the not-so-young trio of rookies, Ortega, Schwindel, and Wisdom still did ok. They were 4 for 10, including a double, 3 runs scored and 2 RBIs. When you add in 2 walks and 3 hit-by-pitches they were 9-15 or .600 OBP.
    Last edited by Stevemil505; 09-22-2021 at 03:58 PM.

Our bullpen is garbage and 2 of the more effective guys like Wick and Wieck have issues staying healthy. I assume some guys will pitch better next year but we definitely need at least 2 quality acquisitions this winter in setup and/or closer role.

Sifting through scraps with guys like Brothers and Winkler is getting tiresome. Our 25 man roster is pretty bad. Even if we hit 200 mil in payroll we'll still probably be reaching for 90 wins the next few years. When we had Bryant, Rizzo, Baez, and Kimbrel we still sucked. That how far we have to climb right now. We have to replace those guy plus get better on top of that.

Arrieta DFA'd by Padres. Has a 7.39 ERA across both teams this year in 24 starts. 24 starts but hasn't cracked 100 IP yet.

Hendricks gave up 2 more bombs :sad:

Man Ian Happ really turned his season into something. I had basucally written him off and i just looked at his stats for the last 6 weeks. Good for him.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Cubs lose both to Twins and move to the 7th pick, now they play a red hot Cardinals team this weekend

10 games left
    7 against Cardinals
    3 Pirates

Last edited by chibears55; 09-22-2021 at 10:49 PM.

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast