Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 381
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    14,032
    Quote Originally Posted by cuzi View Post
    Not saying Machado is a saint or anything, but isnt this the 2nd teammate to get into it with Tatis? Why is Machado immediately the bad guy here? No one seemed to be trying to get Machado to back off.

    Not sure if I'm picking up what Machado is yelling about correctly, but it sounds like he's saying something to the effect of "It's about baseball. You gotta work for it/on it. It's not about you!" And if I'm correct then Tatis, imo, does give off an aura of arrogance.
    True.

    It would have been better if I found out the full story before calling anyone an idiot. I am sure teammates get into it quite regularly in private so I can’t imagine any animosity comes of it. And I can imagine how frustrating it would be when the Padres were division contenders in spring training and have instead been blown away. .

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    3,826
    Quote Originally Posted by cuzi View Post
    Not saying Machado is a saint or anything, but isnt this the 2nd teammate to get into it with Tatis? Why is Machado immediately the bad guy here? No one seemed to be trying to get Machado to back off.

    Not sure if I'm picking up what Machado is yelling about correctly, but it sounds like he's saying something to the effect of "It's about baseball. You gotta work for it/on it. It's not about you!" And if I'm correct then Tatis, imo, does give off an aura of arrogance.
    Machado is a d-bag and ya Tatis seems arrogant, he could be a premadonna who knows.

    The team must be very frustrated because of their collapse, I assume this is the main cause.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    11,433
    Quote Originally Posted by cuzi View Post
    Not saying Machado is a saint or anything, but isnt this the 2nd teammate to get into it with Tatis? Why is Machado immediately the bad guy here? No one seemed to be trying to get Machado to back off.

    Not sure if I'm picking up what Machado is yelling about correctly, but it sounds like he's saying something to the effect of "It's about baseball. You gotta work for it/on it. It's not about you!" And if I'm correct then Tatis, imo, does give off an aura of arrogance.
    I agree. MM may be a bit of a douche, but it seemed like he was trying to teach the kid to be a team player. Manny showed leadership and passion here.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    61,018
    It seems, as an outsider, that it was typical stuff you see when a team with high expectations struggles. Everyone thought the Padres were the 2nd best team in the NL, and possibly the MLB. I'm sure Machado and Tatis want to play in the playoffs. They are frustrated. It's a blameless situation and nothing more than a baseball incident.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    10,123
    https://twitter.com/TonyAndracki23/s...832477705?s=19

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    3,826
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    https://twitter.com/TonyAndracki23/s...832477705?s=19

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Wasn't expecting Maples dfa given all the other crud in the pen.

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    6,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    Wasn't expecting Maples dfa given all the other crud in the pen.
    Maples really sucks. Hoyer has seen more than enough from him. I bet he gets claimed tho

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    8,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    Wasn't expecting Maples dfa given all the other crud in the pen.
    Maples sucks. No real loss there.

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    47,489
    Maples will be picked up by the Brewers, Dodgers, or Rays and be a stud next year

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1,205
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Maples will be picked up by the Brewers, Dodgers, or Rays and be a stud next year
    You never know, he might be back on the Cubs before the season ends because Nico looks at a step and sprains his ankle.

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    10,123
    Wisdom no.27 Rookie record

    Love to see him get 30 for the season

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1,771
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Wisdom no.27 Rookie record

    Love to see him get 30 for the season

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Another 3- run bomb by Wisdom. Seems like every 4 or so games, you're going to get about 4 hits including one HR, 3 RBIs, 1-2 walks and about 6 Ks from him. I guess I could live with that in '22. ( Kind of like Javy numbers, but with more walks and less excitement.,)
    Last edited by Stevemil505; 09-19-2021 at 05:46 PM.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    3,826
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Wisdom no.27 Rookie record

    Love to see him get 30 for the season

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Also 144 K's in 321 AB's, gotta be a record too!

    At that rate if he got 600 AB's he'd have 269 K's.

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    10,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    Also 144 K's in 321 AB's, gotta be a record too!

    At that rate if he got 600 AB's he'd have 269 K's.
    Yeah, i hope Hoyer or the new GM dont just look at his power and ink him in as a starter next season..

    He one that youd hope to get a team to deal a decent young pitcher for

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    47,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    Also 144 K's in 321 AB's, gotta be a record too!

    At that rate if he got 600 AB's he'd have 269 K's.
    Pretty insane. He's played at damn near a pace of 300 Ks and 50 HR. KB set the record with 650 PA and Wisdom just passed 350.

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •