Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 349
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    9,346

    Cam Newton Returns to the Carolina Panthers

    Since my Patriots released Cam which I'm still shocked about, which teams should sign Cam Newton?

    5- Detroit Lions as insurance for Jared Goff

    4- Pittsburgh Steelers...he would be the perfect back up to Big Ben Roethlisberger

    3- Houston Texans especially since Deshaun Watson will most likely never play another snap for the Texans and y'all still don't know what y'all are gettin in Davis Mills as a quarterback...so it makes sense for the Texans to sign Cam and cut Tyrod Taylor

    2- New York Jets as a back up to Zack Wilson

    1- Dallas Cowboys especially if y'all want a reliable backup for Dak...Cam Newton fits that role perfectly

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    18,478
    First Cam would have to agree to sign somewhere he knows he'll likely be a backup
    Second you don't put a guy who still thinks he's a starter behind a young guy who'd be looking over his shoulder...competition for a guy whose spot is tenuous already, fine....

    If he's open to being a backup, I'd say Miami
    If he thinks he still win a starting job at this point, Houston
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    9,346
    Then Houston is the perfect landing spot

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    14,837
    If he wants a legit shot at starting sooner AND wants to sign immediately, HOU, DEN, and maybe NO make the most sense. If he wants to guarantee he starts somewhere, he'll wait until late September when an injury occurs or a QB is so bad the team has to look for another answer. If he wants to be a backup with potential to take over in 2022 ATL, PIT, and maybe TB make sense.

    It's probably a moot point if he's not willing to get the vaccine though. He's gonna have a hard enough time landing somewhere WITH the vaccine, but a lot of teams won't be willing to risk losing games because of Covid protocols.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Lakers.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    9,346
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    If he wants a legit shot at starting sooner AND wants to sign immediately, HOU, DEN, and maybe NO make the most sense. If he wants to guarantee he starts somewhere, he'll wait until late September when an injury occurs or a QB is so bad the team has to look for another answer. If he wants to be a backup with potential to take over in 2022 ATL, PIT, and maybe TB make sense.

    It's probably a moot point if he's not willing to get the vaccine though. He's gonna have a hard enough time landing somewhere WITH the vaccine, but a lot of teams won't be willing to risk losing games because of Covid protocols.
    Good points

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Coventry RI
    Posts
    5,446
    Worcester pirates! He's already in the area

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Glacier Boyz.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Since my Patriots released Cam which I'm still shocked about, which teams should sign Cam Newton?

    5- Detroit Lions as insurance for Jared Goff

    4- Pittsburgh Steelers...he would be the perfect back up to Big Ben Roethlisberger

    3- Houston Texans especially since Deshaun Watson will most likely never play another snap for the Texans and y'all still don't know what y'all are gettin in Davis Mills as a quarterback...so it makes sense for the Texans to sign Cam and cut Tyrod Taylor

    2- New York Jets as a back up to Zack Wilson

    1- Dallas Cowboys especially if y'all want a reliable backup for Dak...Cam Newton fits that role perfectly
    Except for the fact that Cam has no desire to be a backup QB.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Montreal Alouettes.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    13,412
    5) Carolina

    4) LA Chargers

    3) Minnesota

    2) Washington

    1) Cleveland

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    13,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    Worcester pirates! He's already in the area



    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    I forgot all about this team saw a couple of games on tv.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    13,412
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Lakers.
    Ha ha ha so true seems like everyone wants to play for the Lakers regardless of what sport they play.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,682
    Stay at home and stare at the phone.
    Keep staring and pray
    If the phone ever rings answer it and yell yes!
    He has zero leverage and strategies at this point.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    9,346
    Back to Carolina as a QB...I bet between Cam and D'Arnold, Cam easily wins the job

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •