Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 478 of 681 FirstFirst ... 378428468476477478479480488528578 ... LastLast
Results 7,156 to 7,170 of 10203
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So you believe abortion should be legal but you support the Supreme Courtís overturning Roe v Wade?
    Yes. Laws are made by the legislative branch. There should be a law making abortion legal in our country. I'd be opposed to the SC declaring such a law unconstitutional.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Well wasn't that a position conservatives used to always criticize in respect to abortion rights? My body, my choice. How convenient they then used that same position when the vaccine came about.

To be fair, the pandemic was claiming thousands of lives a day here in the US at various points. Depending on where you work, nurses were coming in contact with dozens of patients a day. Many of them immunocompromised. That's why there were vaccine mandates for healthcare professionals.
    Conservatives would claim abortions claim thousands of lives as well. Imo, the only person on this forum who supports bodily autonomy completely is me.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Yes. Laws are made by the legislative branch. There should be a law making abortion legal in our country. I'd be opposed to the SC declaring such a law unconstitutional.
    I've already explained this to you once: Laws were made, and Roe was declaring those laws unconstitutional. Roe didn't create any laws, it overturned laws that had already been created.

"It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

Conservatives would claim abortions claim thousands of lives as well. Imo, the only person on this forum who supports bodily autonomy completely is me.
    Who was forced to get a vaccine?

"It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

So you believe abortion should be legal but you support the Supreme Courtís overturning Roe v Wade?
    That is a hell of a ridiculous line of thinking from the fellow. Itís a complete abandonment of logic.

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    I've already explained this to you once: Laws were made, and Roe was declaring those laws unconstitutional. Roe didn't create any laws, it overturned laws that had already been created.
    There still needs to be a law legalizing abortion. Roe made abortion legal. Laws can be unconstitutional for a variety of reasons fyi.

Who was forced to get a vaccine?
    Many many people. Their body their choice though.

Like Nate said, no one was forced to be vaccinated. If you didn't like the requirement you could quit or go find another healthcare facility that didn't require it. Same with other professions. This, on the other hand, is going to force a lot of women to give birth, especially women who can't afford to go to a state where abortions are legal. Not to mention, all the other circumstances in which women will be forced to have children when it could potentially put their or the children's lives in danger. Women are going to die here for something that can't even survive outside her womb until months after initial contraception.

Many many people. Their body their choice though.
    Like who?

There still needs to be a law legalizing abortion. Roe made abortion legal. Laws can be unconstitutional for a variety of reasons fyi.
    Why? Do we need a law legalizing the right to go to church? Does a journalist need a law in order to publish a story?

Why? Do we need a law legalizing the right to go to church? Does a journalist need a law in order to publish a story?
    This is what it has come down to with the left. Abortion is now as benign as going to church. Pretty carzy tbh.

Roe didnít legalize abortion. It said that the law in Texas criminalizing it didnít comport with the Constitution. It had the effect of making abortion legal but that was a byproduct.

Well thatís quite the contortion to still support your party even when you disagree with them. And how many pro-choice candidates do you plan to vote for in the next elections? Let me guess, a whopping zero.

Well thatís quite the contortion to still support your party even when you disagree with them. And how many pro-choice candidates do you plan to vote for in the next elections? Let me guess, a whopping zero.
    Im not a republican. I vote for the candidate i agree most with. Typically, that's the republican. But I've never agreed with any candidate on all of the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    This is what it has come down to with the left. Abortion is now as benign as going to church. Pretty carzy tbh.
    Thank god you were honest.