Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 695 of 723 FirstFirst ... 195595645685693694695696697705 ... LastLast
Results 10,411 to 10,425 of 10836
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    In modern conflicts, money, power, and resources are taking the lead, but over time, not the case. Sorry. Was religion the mask of a conflict where power was the main goal? Perhaps. But a strict belief system, and "our way is better" mentality caused this planets wars forever. Ie, religion. Whether that is a belief in god, satan, or perceived race supremacy. It's all the same, brainwashing the masses with indoctrination of belief.

I have routinely stated over time a specific music band is my religion, and I mean it. And that is because I use their music and lyrics as a way to reflect on my life. But if I were to push it onto others, and wipe out those who opposed, we are now talking organized religion.
    Again, the evidence speaks against it. Not for you as you are blinded by your bias.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Again, the evidence speaks against it. Not for you as you are blinded by your bias.
    evidence from an opinion piece you linked. One of the first reasons for war in that opinion piece was guns, which didn't exist for most the wars in history. Again, it was all about control, and the easiest way to do that was religion, ie, a cult of forced beliefs.

Even in this country, religion is infringing on others. The abortion debate is a perfect case. Religious folks can't accept that someone may have a choice when it comes to abortion, they MUST have their belief system enacted. Which is ironic coming from the party that claims to want less government in their business.

If you want to worship a tree, go for it. But the moment you push that belief on me and make me conform at all costs, you can go **** yourself.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

evidence from an opinion piece you linked. One of the first reasons for war in that opinion piece was guns, which didn't exist for most the wars in history. Again, it was all about control, and the easiest way to do that was religion, ie, a cult of forced beliefs.

Even in this country, religion is infringing on others. The abortion debate is a perfect case. Religious folks can't accept that someone may have a choice when it comes to abortion, they MUST have their belief system enacted. Which is ironic coming from the party that claims to want less government in their business.

If you want to worship a tree, go for it. But the moment you push that belief on me and make me conform at all costs, you can go **** yourself.
    What I laugh at is the idea that religion isn't interconnected in American government when it most certainly is. Christian conservatives make up a significant part of the GOP base. Republicans know that. That's why they go out of their way to appeal to them in policy and presentation. This crusade on abortion rights is no different. The Supreme Court gave them an open door and it took a lot of these conservative states literally no time to run right through it.

Life is sacred so that gives government the right to be in a woman's uterus and make those reproductive decisions for her.

All these major organized religions do is virtue signal, gaslight, and try to tell everyone what the "right" decisions are. Its been that way for thousands of years. God loves you but he's willing to send you to a fiery pit of torture and misery for all eternity if you make decisions he doesn't like. Makes total sense. Then the more devoted think they're saving others by intervening in their lives. Its endless cycle of pontification.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-05-2022 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    What I laugh at is the idea that religion isn't interconnected in American government when it most certainly is. Christian conservatives make up a significant part of the GOP base. Republicans know that. That's why they go out of their way to appeal to them in policy and presentation. This crusade on abortion rights is no different. The Supreme Court gave them an open door and it took a lot of these conservative states literally no time to run right through it.

Life is sacred so that gives government the right to be in a woman's uterus and make those reproductive decisions for her.

All these major organized religions do is virtue signal, gaslight, and try to tell everyone what the "right" decisions are. Its been that way for thousands of years. God loves you but he's willing to send you to a fiery pit of torture and misery for all eternity if you make decisions he doesn't like. Makes total sense. Then the more devoted think they're saving others by intervening in their lives. Its endless cycle of pontification.
    If you ever saw the movie "The Book of Eli", it was a funny example of what I speak of. The bad guy is literally chasing the bible, because he feels that with it, he could formulate control over masses of people.

I mean, religion is literally all about control, not about helping people, or bringing people together in a positive way. Not on a macro level.

We also have guys like DeSantis stating, "Politics should be absent from financial calculations" when speaking about climate change, yet a huge portion of their political platform has religion oozing from it. Just one contradiction after another with the GOP.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I'm sorry, where did I defend him?
    So say that he's an accessory to murder. The story has been confirmed. The canceled check and the support card along with the statements made by Herschel's own son, who is absolutely no leftist. You have all the evidence to confirm that (in your worldview) Herschel Walker is an accessory to murder. He's sort of like someone who takes a contract out on someone else's life, if you believe abortion is murder.
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!
    ___

Please remember not to reply to me if I'm not replying to you...you know who you are.

I'm sorry, where did I defend him?
    This was your literal first post on the subject:

Anyone that has a non-life threatening abortion would be a baby murderer with nary an exception.
    However, what one does/believes in 2009 does not mean one cannot think differently in 2022.
    That is something that troubles the left.

I do not support any candidate in that race. I have done no research at all on it. Throwing support behind any candidate would be blind.
    Yeah, I totally can't imagine you blindly supporting a Republican candidate.

Your belief system is that it's not a human being and killing it is ok. Get that mirror out.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yeah, I totally can't imagine you blindly supporting a Republican candidate.
    Yeah the guy who regularly throws around demoKKKrat wants you to believe he votes blue lol.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    This was your literal first post on the subject:
    And that isn't a defense of anything outside of people can change and be forgiven. It's something lacking by those with no moral code.

Yeah the guy who regularly throws around demoKKKrat wants you to believe he votes blue lol.
    I use it toward only one person but again you can't be honest.

And that isn't a defense of anything outside of people can change and be forgiven. It's something lacking by those with no moral code.
    If that wasn't about Herschel Walker why did you make the statement in response to a post about Herschel Walker?

I use it toward only one person but again you can't be honest.
    No you don't. I've seen you generalize the left on numerous occasions.

No you don't. I've seen you generalize the left on numerous occasions.
    DemoKKKrat guy doesn’t generalize…EVER!

You obviously have women issues and keep posting to get me to join you. Sorry, it's an island I choose not to visit.
    I am not the one pushing for extreme policy to control them lol…

Typical deflection from you, we all know why

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk