Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 111 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1932
    Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...bill/5376/text

Obviously the bill is ever evolving, so this is certainly quite stale by this point.

But there are plenty of links to news sources that will give updates on whatís in and out now as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So no link to the bill as it's still being discussed. Thanks
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    All because of two DNC members? Is it really about agreeing with everybody when you cut out climate change policies after the wildfires we have been having? I am sorry, for agreeing with "two corrupt politicians" to not increase medicare benefits to the elderly when the whole rest of the DNC including the President and Vice-President and the majority of the democrat base want it?

How would that look like to the democrat base who wanted it come mid-term especially the progressive side after that hellish infighting within the democrat primaries for the Presidency? They held their nose and voted for the "anybody but Trump" candidate and don't like Pelosi or Schummer as well.

Another year without a creditable climate policy, not getting one during the mid-term, and if the moderate lose the senate, another two years. That will take us to 2024, no telling what mess will be politicized by then to delay it. Or maybe two elected officials will stand in the way again.

Climatologists got a much tighter schedule to start making changes before a bad tip point occur and it should have started a couple of decades ago before Lake Taho dropped to less than thirty percent capacity.
    They have more trouble with the progressives in the house than they have with Manchin and Sinema.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    So no link to the bill as it's still being discussed. Thanks
    LOL do you think the bill is some shared document on Teams where everyone is editing it real time and published on a website to the public as well while itís being edited?

You were wrong, plain and simple.

Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Go ahead and provide the government link to the bill or admit there isn't one at this time. You have two choices. Pick a lane.
    This you?

You were wrong, itís okay you can say it.

Yankees Farm System

I fear the democrat is willing to pass anything so they can showcase something during the mid-term elections.
    Obama came out and said essentially "sure democrats suck but keep voting for us because we suck less than the other guys". Yikes.

I wonder if it would work better if these things were fought individually rather than all joined together in monolithic bills.

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    LOL do you think the bill is some shared document on Teams where everyone is editing it real time and published on a website to the public as well while itís being edited?

You were wrong, plain and simple.

Good idea, it should be live shared. Open source government.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Obama came out and said essentially "sure democrats suck but keep voting for us because we suck less than the other guys". Yikes.

I wonder if it would work better if these things were fought individually rather than all joined together in monolithic bills.
    This whole infrastructure hold up is what would happen except on a much larger scale. Youíd have a bunch of unofficially linked bills with everyone playing chicken on which needs to pass first before the other one comes up and can you trust the guy to still vote for the other after one passes and the other is up.

Yankees Farm System

Good idea, it should be live shared. Open source government.
    It would be interesting but would need several rules around it as it would be left open to abuse or typo errors that would be seized on based on an extra zero or what not.

Especially if cross party people had access to a bill with partisan support.

Yankees Farm System

I'd love to see where he said that.

I've generally found that Scoots likes to pretend he is "too busy" or just "doesn't care enough anymore" to link his sources when pushed like this.

So youíve figured out how non-cult politics works? Acting like one side is just the greatest thing ever and has no faults is what cults do. Acknowledging that we are all imperfect people is seemingly the right thing. I believe Democrats are closer to the right side but they have their flaws that I and many others who align where I do have said the same thing.

It would still lose. Forgetting the democrat don't have the numbers, 60. They don't even have the numbers to get it pass thru the process they are using now.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Most of the programs in the bill have been on the back burner for a long time and if they aren't pass now, the odds are very long they won't ever be pass. Thus the reason for the progressive stance.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

It's do or die time. Go big or go home. Call it what you want, but the democrats can't go emptied handed into the mid term.

Will Rogers

Most of the programs in the bill have been on the back burner for a long time and if they aren't pass now, the odds are very long they won't ever be pass. Thus the reason for the progressive stance.
    The country, as represented by our government, is probably not read to pass many of those programs. Change happens very slowly, whether we like it or not.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085