Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 337 of 480 FirstFirst ... 237287327335336337338339347387437 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 7193
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    A government does have the right to define what is lawful or not. And the basis for laws in many cases is what is decided as being moral. This moral behavior is what is illustrated in the Bill of Rights and laws that are stated as applicable
    The government has the right to impose laws that prevent people from harming others. They must hit a far higher role when they impose restrictions on people for what they do with regard to themselves. There is no justification for the restrictions on abortions as these states are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The government has the right to impose laws that prevent people from harming others. They must hit a far higher role when they impose restrictions on people for what they do with regard to themselves. There is no justification for the restrictions on abortions as these states are doing.
    That is really a very weird take and your opinion is far fetched. The Constitution of the United states define what laws are established across the country and any laws not outlined by the US Constitution are given to the individual states to declare themselves for. You really should learn something about the rule of law in the US.

You are either intentionally not getting it or having some cognitive issues...

The morals that I'm talking about are ones that you (through government) impose onto others. The government has an imperative to protect the moral and physical rights of others. You don't have the right to punch me in the face. That is my right not to be punched in the face being protected. You don't have the right to steal my money from my wallet. That is my right to keep my goods safely being protected. They don't have the right to tell other people how their morals are wrong. The government stepping in to prohibit abortion is taking the woman's right away. The government has no right to do that.
    If you decide it is moral to fondle my child, I'd say that I have every right to knock your *** out. Your opinion doesn't concern me but rather what the law is in society which covers that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    The Bill of Rights based on morality? What morality?

Morality ó a weasel word of ever there was one ó is what lies in the hands of the guy with the biggest gun.

The Bill of Rights (and the entire Constitution for that matter) is based on the legalized protection of property rights.

Initially, the framers (and I use that word in all of its meanings) were very concerned that the Articles of Confederation did not give them ó an elite group ó enough authority to protect their property (in its many forms), so they fashioned a system that established and codified their general overall authority more effectively.

Then they added the Bill of Rights in order to protect their individual personal property from the very institution they established in the Constitution (the government) ó just another manifestion of the balance of power that did nothing but to further reify the power of those in power.
    Your take on the Bill Of Rights not covering morality may be one of the stupidest takes I've ever heard. Your "take" of Morality being a WEASLE WORD of all things is ridiculous bs. The Ten Commandments themselves formed the basis of the bill of rights as a founding document.
    Last edited by Bird of Prey; 05-19-2022 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The Bill of Rights contains much morality, but, like the Ten Commandments, it is not an exhaustive list. It omits slavery for one, which is particularly ironic when you consider we are the "Land of the Free." The Land of the Free and yet freedom wasn't even one of our actual rights...
    You're right about that and I don't dispute it. It was a pretty damned good first try though.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    There has to be some level of morals, but not always, especially in current society when extremist on the left and right side think they have more morals than the other. Makes it difficult for the more level headed people because those loud groups end up being adopted by political parties and ruins it for the people actually wanting to make society work.
    I think that morality should be pretty much universal if it truly is morality used in governance. I think that it is much different than having so-called 'rules" and "conduct". Also making society "work" should not involve ignoring or minimizing morality. People need to hold their morality as a badge of honor not something to be minimized or given up as a compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    If you decide it is moral to fondle my child, I'd say that I have every right to knock your *** out. Your opinion doesn't concern me but rather what the law is in society which covers that situation.
    A fetus isnít a child. Once you realize that, you will see how ridiculous this is. The fetus doesnít have rights because itís an extension of the mother when 99% of abortions occur. It has no more rights than a tumor or appendix.

You are either intentionally not getting it or having some cognitive issues...

The morals that I'm talking about are ones that you (through government) impose onto others. The government has an imperative to protect the moral and physical rights of others. You don't have the right to punch me in the face. That is my right not to be punched in the face being protected. You don't have the right to steal my money from my wallet. That is my right to keep my goods safely being protected. They don't have the right to tell other people how their morals are wrong. The government stepping in to prohibit abortion is taking the woman's right away. The government has no right to do that.
    I can't believe you wrote that with a straight face.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

A fetus isnít a child. Once you realize that, you will see how ridiculous this is. The fetus doesnít have rights because itís an extension of the mother when 99% of abortions occur. It has no more rights than a tumor or appendix.
    Failed analogies do not help your viewpoint.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Failed analogies do not help your viewpoint.
    It's not a failed analogy. It's a statement of fact. A fetus isn't a child. It's just not. What something might or might not become doesn't make it that thing. An object is defined by the properties it possesses in the present not the future.
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move fasterÖbut tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

It's not a failed analogy. It's a statement of fact. A fetus isn't a child. It's just not. What something might or might not become doesn't make it that thing. An object is defined by the properties it possesses in the present not the future.
    The analogy is a tumor or appendix. You're welcome.

It's a human being in the stage of fetus. Just as someone between roughly five to seventeen is in the child stage of a human being. All human beings. There's a few more facts for you.

The analogy is a tumor or appendix. You're welcome.

It's a human being in the stage of fetus. Just as someone between roughly five to seventeen is in the child stage of a human being. All human beings. There's a few more facts for you.
    That is also not a failed analogy. When the fetus has none of the organs that are necessary to sustain life independently, it is just part of the mother in the same way a tumor or appendix is.

Do we confer the rights of adulthood to a 3 year old just because the 3 year old will one day be an adult?
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move fasterÖbut tell me again how pro-life you are!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-end...154314102.html

A Michigan Senate candidate had called for banning birth control. This is getting insane, itís like going back to the Middle Ages.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-end...154314102.html

A Michigan Senate candidate had called for banning birth control. This is getting insane, itís like going back to the Middle Ages.
    I would be very surprised if we don't see these ruby red states start to go after birth control. Probably using their same bounty hunter law to do so.

Tumors do not have or develop beating hearts, brains, and necessary factors involved in human life. A baby in the womb is a separate human being from the mother. When it leaves the mother's womb it becomes a wholly unique identity does it not? Of course it does. So since it does, what is different when it is living in the womb other than its location? Answer, nothing except its location at the time and its stage of development. I could say the same things for a newborn baby versus a teenage kid. Both are either the son or daughter of their parent(s). All is different is their age and development, right?

A fetus is just another name for a human being at an early stage of its development as a human being. It is not a "part" of its mother. It is a separate life form from the mother and can life upon being separated. A tumor or appendix cannot live if separated from the rest of the human body can it?
    Last edited by Bird of Prey; 05-20-2022 at 01:18 PM.