Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 336 of 495 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336337338346386436 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,040 of 7419
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    It's not removing morality from the argument for me. It's whether you get to impose your morality onto others. I don't like when someone smokes a cigarette...do I get to make it illegal? There are so many things that I find to be morally wrong but I realize I have no right to prevent them from doing.
    Take a gander at the Bill of Rights in this country and tell me those aren't representative of morality in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Yep. Without morality you have choas running rampant like wild dogs.
    WTF are choas?

EDIT: My bad. I get it now. You meant to say “Without morality you have chihuahuas running rampant like wild dogs.”

Good point!

Last edited by Crovash; 05-19-2022 at 01:38 PM.

It's an entirely disjoint set.

You and Splff probably should maybe get a room? You are like Chip and Dale together on this board.

Take a gander at the Bill of Rights in this country and tell me those aren't representative of morality in action.
    You are either intentionally not getting it or having some cognitive issues...

The morals that I'm talking about are ones that you (through government) impose onto others. The government has an imperative to protect the moral and physical rights of others. You don't have the right to punch me in the face. That is my right not to be punched in the face being protected. You don't have the right to steal my money from my wallet. That is my right to keep my goods safely being protected. They don't have the right to tell other people how their morals are wrong. The government stepping in to prohibit abortion is taking the woman's right away. The government has no right to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Lol you impress me with how stupid you are.

Nobody’s defending any stance, you should think about why people are saying what they do, though.
    You are too stupid to know what you’re saying. That’s some impressively stupid thinking!

The Bill of Rights based on morality? What morality?

Morality — a weasel word of ever there was one — is what lies in the hands of the guy with the biggest gun.

The Bill of Rights (and the entire Constitution for that matter) is based on the legalized protection of property rights.

Initially, the framers (and I use that word in all of its meanings) were very concerned that the Articles of Confederation did not give them — an elite group — enough authority to protect their property (in its many forms), so they fashioned a system that established and codified their general overall authority more effectively.

Then they added the Bill of Rights in order to protect their individual personal property from the very institution they established in the Constitution (the government) — just another manifestion of the balance of power that did nothing but to further reify the power of those in power.

The Bill of Rights contains much morality, but, like the Ten Commandments, it is not an exhaustive list. It omits slavery for one, which is particularly ironic when you consider we are the "Land of the Free." The Land of the Free and yet freedom wasn't even one of our actual rights...

I think that a country needs morals in order to govern properly. And I'm not talking about religion. Deciding who lives in society must be based on having a value placed on human life. Without that value, we are no better than a beast of burden of a dumb animal, maybe even worse.
    There has to be some level of morals, but not always, especially in current society when extremist on the left and right side think they have more morals than the other. Makes it difficult for the more level headed people because those loud groups end up being adopted by political parties and ruins it for the people actually wanting to make society work.
    Last edited by Raps18-19 Champ; 05-19-2022 at 08:53 PM.

Damn conservatives are willing to just make anything up now…

"It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

Sounds reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Sounds reasonable.
    Just so long as their biodegradable.

There's our solution to alternative energy all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    WTF are chaos?

EDIT: My bad. I get it now. You meant to say “Without morality you have chihuahuas running rampant like wild dogs.”

Good point!

cha·os
    [ˈkāˌäs]
    NOUN
    complete disorder and confusion:
    "snow caused chaos in the region"
    synonyms:
    disorder · disarray · disorganization · confusion · mayhem · bedlam · pandemonium · madness · havoc · turmoil · tumult · commotion · disruption · upheaval · [more]

You are either intentionally not getting it or having some cognitive issues...

The morals that I'm talking about are ones that you (through government) impose onto others. The government has an imperative to protect the moral and physical rights of others. You don't have the right to punch me in the face. That is my right not to be punched in the face being protected. You don't have the right to steal my money from my wallet. That is my right to keep my goods safely being protected. They don't have the right to tell other people how their morals are wrong. The government stepping in to prohibit abortion is taking the woman's right away. The government has no right to do that.
    A government does have the right to define what is lawful or not. And the basis for laws in many cases is what is decided as being moral. This moral behavior is what is illustrated in the Bill of Rights and laws that are stated as applicable. As for you saying that I intentionally do not "get it", that's comical and illustrative how stupid you are.

You seem to think that the government cannot define what is immoral and unlawful. People can define abortion as illegal if they vote that being such. If the majority of a state renders Abortion to be immoral and illegal it becomes law. This is what the Supreme Court is going to rule on is it not?
    Last edited by Bird of Prey; 05-19-2022 at 11:12 PM.