Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 473 of 591 FirstFirst ... 373423463471472473474475483523573 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,095 of 8861
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Iím curious, do you think statues of her should be removed given you donít think statues of confederate generals should be removed?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Why take the risk if one mess up means a kid you donít want for the rest of your life?
    Please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    great logic. So a woman who doesn't want a baby of her own because she is not mentally or financially ready, should proceed with the option of buying one for $30-40k instead.
    No. A woman that is financially and mentally ready should adopt a child from one that is not. Many agencies will act as facilitators to get the woman giving birth all the financial support she needs to take care of the baby until it is born. They will ensure that she gets proper medical care, decent food, and in some cases, a place to live.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Those things arenít full proof and the state doesnít care. They are taking the approach that all abortion is not allowed.
    As I said, any state that bans abortions should ensure that all women get proper pre and post-natal care. Contraceptives are as effective as any other medication. They need to be take properly. Women and their Drs must discuss the proper methods of contraception.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    No. A woman that is financially and mentally ready should adopt a child from one that is not. Many agencies will act as facilitators to get the woman giving birth all the financial support she needs to take care of the baby until it is born. They will ensure that she gets proper medical care, decent food, and in some cases, a place to live.
    Obviously the demand is not meeting supply. We have hundreds of thousands of kids in foster care.

You are right about that. This is why I think properly used contraception is important.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Please explain.
    The pill works well so long as itís taken correctly and there are no mistakes, but given that a single mistake could lead to such monumental consequences as an unwanted kid they cannot abort, why take the risk? Better to do sterilization and not have to worry about a single mistake changing your life in such a drastic way.

And before you say just make sure you never make a mistake with your birth control, let me ask you. Do you brush your teeth twice a day? Youíre supposed to. But the number of people who have brushed their teeth twice daily without fail is near zero. Asking someone to never make a mistake is a high bar.

The pill works well so long as itís taken correctly and there are no mistakes, but given that a single mistake could lead to such monumental consequences as an unwanted kid they cannot abort, why take the risk? Better to do sterilization and not have to worry about a single mistake changing your life in such a drastic way.

And before you say just make sure you never make a mistake with your birth control, let me ask you. Do you brush your teeth twice a day? Youíre supposed to. But the number of people who have brushed their teeth twice daily without fail is near zero. Asking someone to never make a mistake is a high bar.
    Remember who you are talking to here, Valade. I see what happens to people that don't take care of themselves on a daily basis. There are a lot of people younger than I am living in long-term care facilities like the one I work in.
    Yes, there are mistakes with contraception and they can cause big problems. This is why I like the idea of allowing the "morning after" pills to be used. They are non-invasive and are effective up until 11-12 weeks after conception. I would prefer that they were used as early as possible to avoid the side effects that come with them, as they are far worse later in the pregnancy.
    And, by the way, there are other methods of birth control available. Shots, hormonal implants, IUDs, condoms (probably the least effective of these methods) and a combination of these.

Iím curious, do you think statues of her should be removed given you donít think statues of confederate generals should be removed?
    No. But i believe her intentions were not pure. The fact that many liberals support her is a main reason their opinions on other leaders holds no weight with me.
    Last edited by joeyc77; 07-01-2022 at 04:36 AM.

Going off of this...think of your scenario from the male perspective: a young boy, probably too embarrassed to even buy a condom, doesn't pull out in time, his gf gets pregnant but she's absolutely opposed to abortion. Should this single mistske lead to such monumental consequences as an unwanted kid they cannot abort? Now im not proposing that men can "abort" a pregnancy but they have no options. Boys are told they need to "step up, do the right thing and take care of their responsibility" when its obviously the mothers choice to have the baby. Remember, asking someone to never make a mistake is a high bar... why do we expect men to take care of theur responsibility but not women?

Going off of this...think of your scenario from the male perspective: a young boy, probably too embarrassed to even buy a condom, doesn't pull out in time, his gf gets pregnant but she's absolutely opposed to abortion. Should this single mistske lead to such monumental consequences as an unwanted kid they cannot abort? Now im not proposing that men can "abort" a pregnancy but they have no options. Boys are told they need to "step up, do the right thing and take care of their responsibility" when its obviously the mothers choice to have the baby. Remember, asking someone to never make a mistake is a high bar... why do we expect men to take care of theur responsibility but not women?
    It's a decision between the male and female, but ultimately it's up to the female. Her body her choice.

And pulling out isn't effective lol

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    It's a decision between the male and female, but ultimately it's up to the female. Her body her choice.

And pulling out isn't effective lol

Why shouldn't the man get a "decision" as well? Obviously whether to have the baby or not is the females choice but whether or not the male should be a parent and financially responsible for the baby should not be. His bank account his choice.

I really don't think a lot of men would say no to a woman wanting a abortion, especially if they are leading a irresponsible sex life of a "player". They aren't marching in the street for this one, dog.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Why shouldn't the man get a "decision" as well? Obviously whether to have the baby or not is the females choice but whether or not the male should be a parent and financially responsible for the baby should not be. His bank account his choice.
    You're comparing bodily autonomy to the bank account of an individual lol. Give me a break dude.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    You're comparing bodily autonomy to the bank account of an individual lol. Give me a break dude.

Given that you don't care about the human being that you slaughter....
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52