Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 496 of 601 FirstFirst ... 396446486494495496497498506546596 ... LastLast
Results 7,426 to 7,440 of 9001
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Yes, I acted like it happens very rarely and that any instances where it does is against the law. You acted like it wasnít the law to let students practice their religion in schools.

As for your comparison, the number of ACLU lawsuits concerning racism is far greater than the number of actions about studentís religious liberty in school.
    Well, id argue cases of racism are a more "popular" cause for the aclu to get involved with. They are a donation driven business i believe after all.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Well, id argue cases of racism are a more "popular" cause for the aclu to get involved with. They are a donation driven business i believe after all.
    Iíd argue they happen far more frequently. Funny how you went from arguing a comparison to how frequently there is racism to now arguing how infrequently it happens. Do instances of racism happen a lot, or a little?

Because the saying is "Those are smart enough,can teach" or is it something different?
    Come on, we know conservatives aren't good at nourishing and being caring and teaching is all about that. Your party don't even believe in education the way they have cut it over the last few decades. Judging from the things the elected republicans officials have been saying lately, I don't even think some of the them are educated.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Come on, we know conservatives aren't good at nourishing and being caring and teaching is all about that. Your party don't even believe in education the way they have cut it over the last few decades. Judging from the things the elected republicans officials have been saying lately, I don't even think some of the them are educated.
    Well that's true. Conservatives probably arent the best group to help children figure out their gender identity issues but those children would probably be a lot more safe.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Iíd argue they happen far more frequently. Funny how you went from arguing a comparison to how frequently there is racism to now arguing how infrequently it happens. Do instances of racism happen a lot, or a little?
    I think it depends on how sensitive the person is to the perceived injustice. If a teacher says "God sucks" most Christian kids are just going to shake that off. If a teacher says "black people suck", well that's probably going to get a different reaction.

I think it depends on how sensitive the person is to the perceived injustice. If a teacher says "God sucks" most Christian kids are just going to shake that off. If a teacher says "black people suck", well that's probably going to get a different reaction.
    That depends on how religious someone is. Don't fool yourself. If a teacher came out and said "God Sucks" there would be parents lining up in protest outside the school the next day. Not to mention we can prove the fact that black people exist. We have no proof that God exists.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-04-2022 at 01:25 PM.

Well that's true. Conservatives probably arent the best group to help children figure out their gender identity issues but those children would probably be a lot more safe.
    It's a dying shame your conservative brand is drying up with it's fossilize leaders. All those little children will be running around gender clueless without them in another decade, playing rap music and reading Mao.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

It's a dying shame your conservative brand is drying up with it's fossilize leaders. All those little children will be running around gender clueless without them in another decade, playing rap music and reading Mao.
    Well, at least they'd be running around still.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    That depends on how religious someone is. Don't fool yourself. If a teacher came out and said "God Sucks" there would be parents lining up in protest outside the school the next day. Not to mention we can prove the fact that black people exist. God, on the other hand, there is no proof of existence of.
    I think that's my point. I wouldn't say it's based on how religious someone is though. Someone can be very religious, just not easily offended by detractors. Just like some black people aren't easily offended by racism.

I think that's my point. I wouldn't say it's based on how religious someone is though. Someone can be very religious, just not easily offended by detractors. Just like some black people aren't easily offended by racism.
    The more religious you are, the more likely you're going to be offended by someone saying God sucks. Do you see how sensitive Muslims are in respect to Muhammed for example? And my point about using God's name in vain hasn't changed. Go have a teacher tell a group of kids that "God sucks" and they'll be parents down at the school the next day, especially if it got out to the media.

You seem to get frustrated when people talk for others while doing the same thing. Okay so there are people not offended by racism. Does that make their racism towards said people anymore justified or any less disgusting? If you're so confident in that theory, go to your local store/bank/etc, approach one of the minorities working there, and call them a racial slur. See how that experiment goes.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-04-2022 at 01:47 PM.

The more religious you are, the more likely you're going to be offended by someone saying God sucks. Do you see how sensitive Muslims are in respect to Muhammed for example? And my point about using God's name in vain hasn't changed. Go have a teacher tell a group of kids that "God sucks" and they'll be parents down there the next day, especially if it got out to the media.

You seem to get frustrated when people talk for others while doing the same thing. Okay so there are people not offended by racism. Does that make their racism towards said people anymore justified or any less disgusting? If you're so confident in that theory, go to your local store/bank/etc, approach one of the minorities working there, and call them a racial slur. See how that experiment goes.
    Sure. If someone walks up to a minority and calls them a racial slur to their face, things will most likely escalate pretty fast. However, if someone walks up to a religious person and says God sucks to their face, that religious person in most instances would just walk away and feel sorry for the offender.

Thats the point joey was making earlier.

"Some blacks aren't easily offended by racism."

I learn something new everyday and save this deep dive for others.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Sure. If someone walks up to a minority and calls them a racial slur to their face, things will most likely escalate pretty fast. However, if someone walks up to a religious person and says God sucks to their face, that religious person in most instances would just walk away and feel sorry for the offender.

Thats the point joey was making earlier.
    Depends on the religion and the religious fervor that exists among its followers. More people have been killed in the name of God than just about other reason and a lot of it had to do with the fact that one group of people prayed to a different God than they prayed to. Hence my point about Muslims. Do the Crusades, the Inquisition, 9/11, Northern Ireland, all ring a bell?

Depends on the religion and the religious fervor that exists among its followers. More people have been killed in the name of God than just about other reason and a lot of it had to do with the fact that one group of people prayed to a different God than they prayed to. Hence my point about Muslims. Do the Crusades, the Inquisition, 9/11, Northern Ireland, all ring a bell?
    Fair enough. I probably should've said that if you walk up to an average Christian in America.....
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

"Some blacks aren't easily offended by racism."

I learn something new everyday and save this deep dive for others.
    Heís an expert on black culture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.