Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 466 of 599 FirstFirst ... 366416456464465466467468476516566 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 6,990 of 8984
  1. #6976
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    9,799
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Except, as I've shown you, they didn't.
    When was the bill brought to a vote?
    You haven't shown me anything except your typical denial, deflection and avoidance of actual facts.
    Congratulations on being so consistently wrong.
    Edit
    I will not follow you further down this little rabbit hole.

  2. #6977
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    47,043
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    When was the bill brought to a vote?
    You haven't shown me anything except your typical denial, deflection and avoidance of actual facts.
    Congratulations on being so consistently wrong.
    Edit
    I will not follow you further down this little rabbit hole.
    When did it have the votes to pass? When did Democrats have enough pro-choice votes to stop the filibuster?


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

  3. #6978
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    47,043
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    When was the bill brought to a vote?
    You haven't shown me anything except your typical denial, deflection and avoidance of actual facts.
    Congratulations on being so consistently wrong.
    Edit
    I will not follow you further down this little rabbit hole.
    You're the one that created this "rabbit hole."


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

  4. #6979
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    9,799
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    You're the one that created this "rabbit hole."
    I never create rabbit holes, little natey. You and your typical denial, deflection and moving of goal posts do. You always make the discussion about you and not the facts.
    I refuse to participate in this discussion further as you do not wish to have a reasonable discussion, as usual.
    Continue digging, little natey.

  5. #6980
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    64,937
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I will not follow you further down this little rabbit hole.
    ....he says for the millionth time (before jumping right back down the rabbit hole).

  6. #6981
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    47,043
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I never create rabbit holes, little natey. You and your typical denial, deflection and moving of goal posts do. You always make the discussion about you and not the facts.
    I refuse to participate in this discussion further as you do not wish to have a reasonable discussion, as usual.
    Continue digging, little natey.
    And you're back to being creepy. I'm legitimately surprised you held on as long as you did.

    As far as "you always make the discussion about you and not the facts," Let's just compare and contrast, shall we?

    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    When did it have the votes to pass? When did Democrats have enough pro-choice votes to stop the filibuster?
    No reply.

    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    It doesn't matter. It might have been 3 days, it might have been 3 months.
    Stop deflecting, Nate. Admit that your side screwed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    It does matter, actually. The idea that the Democrats had a filibuster-proof majority that could've passed abortion legislation is not one based in reality. They couldn't even keep mandated abortion coverage in the ACA when trying to pass it and had to compromise with pro-life Democrats to get it done. This was during the small window, after Arlen Spector switched parties and the Democrats actually had the filibuster-proof majority before Scott Brown's special election again dropped them below that number. Ted Kennedy and Robert Byrd were also both sick, and both eventually died, during that time as well, so the actual number of Democrats that could vote on anything was between 56-58 for most of the term.

    The short window when they actually had the filibuster-proof majority was only with the inclusion of pro-life Democrats, who wouldn't even allow mandated abortion coverage into the ACA. The idea that they could've somehow passed the Freedom of Choice Act during this time and that those same pro-life Democrats would stop a Republican filibuster despite being, you know, pro-life and all, is clearly not one that makes any sense.

    I expect all of this to have no impact on you repeating the same line, of course.
    And in reply to this, you... talked about me.

    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I expect that you will continue to deny, deflect and avoid admitting that the Democrats screwed up.
    You will never admit that you are wrong, but you are, regularly.
    Just stop the deflection and admit that the Democrats screwed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Nate, just stop your incessant nonsense and accept the fact that Democrats had multiple chances to codify Roe V Wade and CHOSE not to. The blame, if any exists here, lies directly at their feet.
    More about me, to which I replied...

    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Except, as I've shown you, they didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    When was the bill brought to a vote?
    You haven't shown me anything except your typical denial, deflection and avoidance of actual facts.
    Congratulations on being so consistently wrong.
    Edit
    I will not follow you further down this little rabbit hole.
    And more about me.

    This is a pattern that can be repeated for virtually every discussion I attempt to have with you.


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

  7. #6982
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    106,722
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Considering the fact that the left had over 45 years to codify Roe V Wade and didn't, they have no one but themselves to blame for this. Obama said he would sign it into law immediately upon taking office in 2009.
    https://www.newsweek.com/barack-obam...ailure-1719156
    Why did it need to be codified? And if it were, why would that have mattered? Does the Supreme Court show an inkling of carrying about laws duly passed by congress? They said you donít have a constitutional right to abortion. So under their view, a law granting the right would be unconstitutional too.

  8. #6983
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    9,799
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Why did it need to be codified? And if it were, why would that have mattered? Does the Supreme Court show an inkling of carrying about laws duly passed by congress? They said you donít have a constitutional right to abortion. So under their view, a law granting the right would be unconstitutional too.
    Did you read the Newsweek story? If not, perhaps you should.

  9. #6984
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    9,799
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    And you're back to being creepy. I'm legitimately surprised you held on as long as you did.

    As far as "you always make the discussion about you and not the facts," Let's just compare and contrast, shall we?


    No reply.




    And in reply to this, you... talked about me.





    More about me, to which I replied...





    And more about me.

    This is a pattern that can be repeated for virtually every discussion I attempt to have with you.
    1 more reply simply to wrap this up.
    I post a story about Obama wanting to codify Roe v Wade. Nate jumps in attempting to deflect, as he always does. I clarify, using Obama's speech and quotes from the story. Nate moves the goalposts and then continues to deny and deflect.
    Nate continues to whine and act like a petulant 3-year old and calls me creepy for calling him out on it. Nate's ego will never allow him to admit that he is wrong, as he frequently is.
    Little natey, grow up and accept the fact that you are wrong, as usual.
    Stop whining and stop responding to me if you cannot handle being wrong. Again, I invite you to put me on ignore. Your ego won't be bruised and I won't think any worse of you.

  10. #6985
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    47,043
    And talking about me again.


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

  11. #6986
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    64,937
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    And you're back to being creepy. I'm legitimately surprised you held on as long as you did.

    As far as "you always make the discussion about you and not the facts," Let's just compare and contrast, shall we?


    No reply.




    And in reply to this, you... talked about me.





    More about me, to which I replied...





    And more about me.

    This is a pattern that can be repeated for virtually every discussion I attempt to have with you.
    Dude can't help but project and/or he has so little creativity that when he wants to insult someone, he simply uses the most recent insults someone has used on him (even if they make no sense being pushed back the other way).

  12. #6987
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    106,722
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Did you read the Newsweek story? If not, perhaps you should.
    Yea they were quoting a screenwriter and acting like the Democrats had unlimited time and power. Getting health care reform was incredibly controversial. Do you think that something about the abortion debate was less controversial then? Democrats couldnít get 100% of themselves onboard today after we knew Roe was going down. You think it would have gotten 100% of them onboard almost 20 years ago?

  13. #6988
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    22,271
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    ^^^^
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    No brain
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  14. #6989
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    22,271
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Democrats are evil and Biden is the devil!
    This
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  15. #6990
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    22,271
    Abortion is just plain wrong.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •