Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 458 of 609 FirstFirst ... 358408448456457458459460468508558 ... LastLast
Results 6,856 to 6,870 of 9127
  1. #6856
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    47,403
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    85% of those gun deaths are from 15-19 year olds. Considering 19 year olds are not children, I'd say its reasonably so.
    What % of the overdoses are for 15-19 year olds?

    Do you think guns being the second biggest killer of children makes your point much better?

  2. #6857
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,746
    I think when someone hears a child has been shot dead, they're not envisioning of a gang member.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  3. #6858
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    47,065
    You seem very concerned with gang members.


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

  4. #6859
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,746
    They represent the majority of your statistics. The crazy thing is law enforcement can pretty much circle spots on a map where all the future shootings are going to occur. For whatever reason, the staunchest anti-gun people like yourself will bend over backwards to talk about everything but that. Statistically, you should kinda try to start there.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  5. #6860
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,433
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    What makes you say that?
    Do you disagree with what I have said here?
    The fact that the Japanese model is based on a starting point of a prohibition of guns and they have worked their way up from there where you have to jump through so many hoops just to get a gun. So suggesting a slightly harder/longer acquisition time with zero changes to guns available, conceal carry, access to ammo, etc makes it have no real comparison to Japans system. The security/mental health checks you propose would be a massively watered down version of what Japan on top of that. You’re trying to add clout to your suggestion by comparing it to one of the most restrictive gun laws in the world but proposing basically none of the restrictions.

    It’s misleading.
    Last edited by Bramaca; 06-28-2022 at 06:12 AM.

  6. #6861
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    25,632
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/wis...-ban-rcna35479

    Somebody who’s not an idiot! Glad people can see that these stupid *** laws written before electricity would hold no weight.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

  7. #6862
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    6,864
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    No matter how often you say they’re human beings, they aren’t. They are a fetus. There is nothing about the fetus at the stage of development that resembles a human when abortions that aren’t medically necessary except DNA. And that is true of a mole or tumor that you might have removed.
    You remain wrong and science tells you that as well.
    Fetus is a stage in human development like toddler. A mole is no stage of human development (It's sad this fact needs to be told to you)
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  8. #6863
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    6,864
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yes because you can't dig your way out of this one. There's not a long enough shovel. You're taking an absolute position only to qualify how absolute it is. Makes zero sense and is total hypocrisy.
    you needed that
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  9. #6864
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    6,864
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    1. I haven't seen any sources on it lol, you provided nothing was the point. Lefty sources! You got me, no way this was just a rant to distract from what I said...

    I have the obvious which is why you can easily point it out. Almost everyone can see they play a part and this is a shift. It's being talked and protested etc. etc. about all over not just "lefty sources" are covering it.

    You think this because of your politics, we agree there. That SCOTUS is dishing out Brett level beliefs should scare everyone. Only helping the point of how extreme it's gotten.

    2. Most of the country believes that there should be some restrictions and this shouldn't have been overturned. You thinking most people have a sick viewpoint is on you but that gets to the extremism aspect again. You can't comprehend that there is a middle ground here with Roe v Wade in place still (and it had been established many places).

    The reason it was long standing precedent was because most didn't think it was wrong. If it were clearly something wrong with it then there would be an issue but that's where these 6 judges stand out in making that claim. There will always be some each way but there is a viewpoint more than not in this country agree with and the courts have for many years as well until these 6 judges. The same ones that spoke a bit differently on the subject previously which is also very telling about how it all played out being political. Trump openly said this was a goal to appoint judges to do this very thing lol, at least he was honest about it unlike the others.
    1) If you were here at least reading for more than a second you'd have seen plenty posted. I state this because of the voting record. Oh well.

    2) Most people think there should be none or only medically necessary/rape cases. Wanting to slaughter innocent life is the sick viewpoint. That's extreme. You can't see that. It's on you. All you.

    And you can stop with the majority talk. First it hasn't been true all the time and second it doesn't matter.
    As I brought out, the majority can want you eliminated but that doesn't mean you should be.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  10. #6865
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    6,864
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    1) Yes all I have is ACB being a profound Catholic who was also a member of anti abortion group. Surely that had no influence on her decision in respect to overturning Roe, right?

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...e-organization

    Trump vowing to pick a pro life justice in Gorsuch.

    https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...justice-234465

    If you think this wasn't pre-meditated, you're nuts and you're even crazier if you think religion and the Bible played no part in their decisions.

    2) Yes because the two issues are clearly related despite your insistence otherwise.

    3) "Brett believes" are 90% of your arguments. Look at all the polling data and tell me again how most people are either against abortion rights entirely or severely limiting rights to it. You'll never make it true no matter how many times you say it.
    Way to move the goal post from it made to it influenced for which you have no proof outside of ABC saying in her hearing that it wouldn't. Whoops.

    It's not my fault you struggle calling a spade a spade.

    The polling was provided with reference. Oh well. It came from Brett so let's ignore his data and go "Brett believes."
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  11. #6866
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    6,864
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    No I wouldn't, but I'll say this; most democrats ALWAYS want to keep the establishment in place. Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer just want to fundraise and campaign off the SC overturning Roe, not actually pass anything and Biden is in lock step with that. You think they want to pack the court or impeach these justices? They certainly wont pass anything in Congress and any executive order will be smaller in scale than what the progressives want.

    Democrats are mostly only worried about keeping power for themselves and their donors, and they don't want to do anything that would disrupt the establishment and upset their donors.

    Basically the democrats do nothing, but they're not on a 30+ year crusade to discriminate against women and minorities like the GOP. I got the GOP labeled appropriately.
    You were right until the end. Super Predator, keeping minorities down and dependent upon them, mass killings of minorities/women. That's the DNC right there. And that's just recent history.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  12. #6867
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    689
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    They represent the majority of your statistics. The crazy thing is law enforcement can pretty much circle spots on a map where all the future shootings are going to occur. For whatever reason, the staunchest anti-gun people like yourself will bend over backwards to talk about everything but that. Statistically, you should kinda try to start there.
    https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...a-table-10.xls

    https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/s...ty/firearm.htm

    First link negates what you say. Only about 2% of homicides are gang related.

    Second link also negates what you say. Most of those hot spots don't fit tucker's chicago and inner city narrative.

    Do you have anything to prove your assertions?

  13. #6868
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    6,864
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    https://adfontesmedia.com/

    Plenty of posters have cited middle, reliable sources. You and the other GQP posters still refuse to read them or give them any credit. Stop the sheep mentality. Open up your mind to the other side.

    And before you say it, many of us have taken a look at GQP claims. After researching, the claims are bogus. Very much like the claims that the election was stolen, which has been dismantled over and over again.
    That biased graph has been on here over and over and over.

    #2000mules

    My voting today (other thread)

    Oh well, the loss of Congress is less then 5 months away for you. Enjoy.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  14. #6869
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    6,864
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Yes, like the words he used to Collins meant he did not plan to overturn Roe v. Wade.

    Words have meaning, what do you think the word misled means?
    She thought something but regrets not clarifying. Oh well.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  15. #6870
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    6,864
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    The only thinks proven to reduce Abortions are expanded sexual education , increased access to contraceptives and , **** I can't remember the last one.


    All this will do is lead to more unsafe Abortions, more women dying , higher crime , etc.


    What a piece of **** country we live in.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    You are wrong. Lives have been saved. No babies are slaughtered.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •