Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 456 of 589 FirstFirst ... 356406446454455456457458466506556 ... LastLast
Results 6,826 to 6,840 of 8822
    "Children" includes individuals up to 18 years of age. So.... gang violence, lol.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I agree that we have a problem with guns. This is why I like the Japanese model of gun purchase as a guide for any new legislation.
    The Japanese have one of the most restrictive gun laws in the world. It takes almost a year to get a gun license there and you have to prove you need it. Background checks, mental health checks, multiple tests, have to get permission from police to buy more ammo, cops are only people allowed to carry guns. Under Japanese laws likely 90% of Americans with guns would lose them and most of the rest would lose a large chunk of their collection. I wouldnít have a problem with that but the US canít even pass the most basic gun laws. There is zero chance anything even resembling that has a chance at going through.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    The Japanese have one of the most restrictive gun laws in the world. It takes almost a year to get a gun license there and you have to prove you need it. Background checks, mental health checks, multiple tests, have to get permission from police to buy more ammo, cops are only people allowed to carry guns. Under Japanese laws likely 90% of Americans with guns would lose them and most of the rest would lose a large chunk of their collection. I wouldnít have a problem with that but the US canít even pass the most basic gun laws. There is zero chance anything even resembling that has a chance at going through.
    He supports that but never makes any comments in support of it and opposed to anyone who has made arguments against it.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    He supports that but never makes any comments in support of it and opposed to anyone who has made arguments against it.
    I don't? Interesting. Glad to hear you say this.
    I have said all along that mental health and background checks are very important, along with raising minimum age for gun ownership, with some exemptions (law enforcement, military).

I have said all along that mental health and background checks are very important, along with raising minimum age for gun ownership, with some exemptions (law enforcement, military).
    Thatís the bare minimum of the Japanese laws. Do you agree with putting laws in place making it illegal to carry a gun? Getting police permission to purchase ammo? Making a lot of the current guns available in the US illegal?

One of those if you are for gun control you are for making all guns illegal. Good spin but doesn't nothing for the discourse.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

By the way, I am against open and carry. This isn't the gotdamn wild west. Funny how those early western towns fought so hard to enforce gun laws against the open and carry of firearms. They considered it a part of taming the west. Silly arse people with their quaint old fashion ways.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Thatís the bare minimum of the Japanese laws. Do you agree with putting laws in place making it illegal to carry a gun? Getting police permission to purchase ammo? Making a lot of the current guns available in the US illegal?
    If a person has a permit to carry, they are allowed to carry a firearm. To get a permit to carry, a person must demonstrate proficiency and safety skills adequately. They must take a firearms class, learning how to service their weapon, fire it properly and accurately, and how to carry it safely.
    Ammunition should be sold, but only to licensed gun owners.

I havenít seen you make any points against anyone who has argued against stricter gun measures. Only people who want stricter gun measures.

You haven't been reading, then.

If a person has a permit to carry, they are allowed to carry a firearm. To get a permit to carry, a person must demonstrate proficiency and safety skills adequately. They must take a firearms class, learning how to service their weapon, fire it properly and accurately, and how to carry it safely.
    Ammunition should be sold, but only to licensed gun owners.
    So your idea of gun reform has almost nothing to do with the Japanese model?

I get it now, making America great again is the wild west, were every man had the right to walk around armed.

Double hostler belt with blue pearl handle guns, the biggest ones they got. I could get off on this.

"Back when the West was really wild"

There walk a man named Bat Masterson."

I pretty sure a kid like Rittenhouse was playing death jams while running around with his gun, but I am old fashion. The old fantasies are the best fantasies, right republicans.
    Last edited by WES445; 06-27-2022 at 11:24 PM.

Will Rogers

So your idea of gun reform has almost nothing to do with the Japanese model?
    What makes you say that?
    Do you disagree with what I have said here?

What makes you say that?
    Do you disagree with what I have said here?
    What you have proposed there is a weak and watered down to very little efficiency version of what Japan does. If Japan does a 10, you have proposed maybe a 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move fasterÖbut tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

Did you read this link, Valade? If so, how does this support your assertion that guns are the biggest killer of children?
    https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/child-health.htm
    As my earlier link showed, those numbers are from 2020. The new data shows guns have overtaken the top spotÖ