Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 454 of 597 FirstFirst ... 354404444452453454455456464504554 ... LastLast
Results 6,796 to 6,810 of 8951
  1. #6796
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    6,769
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    1. That doesn't mean anything related to the discussion at hand or show in any way that this decision wasn't political (not to mention it isn't even backed up anyways with evidence of being true).

    I have said this day would come too and it is because of how political the SCOTUS has become (both in how to appoint and the justices and their decisions themselves). That's exactly what lead to this unique decision and reach of the court that's never been seen in my lifetime.

    2. It isn't killing a living person, this is your own politics which aligns with the judges. This was settled law until people that view things similar to you decided to insert their beliefs over long standing precedent. The ones that say it shouldn't have ever been made all seemingly have one thing in common, their political viewpoint on the issue. Go figure, thanks for proving the point.
    1) Stop looking at lefty sources and you'll see it is true and valid. You have no evidence that this was political besides the left being derelict in their duties as SCJs.

    You finally have a court that understands the Constitution instead of creating law.

    2) You can say it all you want, but you're guilty by association. Science, voters, judges, even pro-abortion folks (some at least) know it's human life. But keep denying it so you can be comfortable with your sick viewpoint.

    Long standing precedent is meaningless if the decision was wrong. If you don't mind, at least agree to that point.
    And you are wrong, there has been at least one liberal SCJ that said it should have never happened in the first place posted in this thread. Thanks for making the absolute statement that is incorrect.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  2. #6797
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    6,769
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    1) No they wouldn't. There's no way the demographic and religious/political affiliations of this court didn't affect their decision. It certainly did and religion played a part in it as well despite them never admitting that it would for obvious reasons.

    2) Someone who is advocating they would fight for someone else's religious liberty but doesn't it want imposed on her is unhinged? Sure, that makes sense.

    3) Yes, there are members of the left that are anti-abortion. Most are pro choice and that number is growing. If you spent 1 minute looking at those links (along with others) you would know that. The "brett believes" platform trumps all though.
    1) You want it to but have nothing to back it.
    2) She is combing two issues, one which is made up, see point one above
    3) I provided the evidence you refused it. That's on you. So you go to your old, stale, and invalid, Brett Believes Trumps All instead of saying whoa, wait a moment. I could be dead wrong on this.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  3. #6798
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    6,769
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Don't have to. Criminals on death row are "lives" too. Hence why your position on "protect all life" is hypocritical.
    No it's not. If you understood the language you'd know where you are wrong. Have someone IRL explain it to you. Sorry but I am not wasting any more of my time with this drivel.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  4. #6799
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    25,569
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    No it's not. If you understood the language you'd know where you are wrong. Have someone IRL explain it to you. Sorry but I am not wasting any more of my time with this drivel.
    ****ing moron


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

  5. #6800
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    6,769
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Any action aimed at protecting the rights of Americans is good. Any action aimed at canceling or diminishing the rights of Americans is bad. The state and Supreme Court have taken a right away from Americans. This judge has issued a block on the enforcement of the ban. Louisiana and the Supreme Court are bad and this judge is good.
    They gave a right to a human being and saved lives in doing so overall. Sorry, you just want to justify your twisted sickness on human life.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  6. #6801
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    106,676
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    They gave a right to a human being and saved lives in doing so overall. Sorry, you just want to justify your twisted sickness on human life.
    No matter how often you say they’re human beings, they aren’t. They are a fetus. There is nothing about the fetus at the stage of development that resembles a human when abortions that aren’t medically necessary except DNA. And that is true of a mole or tumor that you might have removed.
    ____

    It’s sick that in the supposedly freest country, we need to give warnings to women like the below:


  7. #6802
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    48,781
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    No it's not. If you understood the language you'd know where you are wrong. Have someone IRL explain it to you. Sorry but I am not wasting any more of my time with this drivel.
    Yes because you can't dig your way out of this one. There's not a long enough shovel. You're taking an absolute position only to qualify how absolute it is. Makes zero sense and is total hypocrisy.

  8. #6803
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,543
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    1) Stop looking at lefty sources and you'll see it is true and valid. You have no evidence that this was political besides the left being derelict in their duties as SCJs.

    You finally have a court that understands the Constitution instead of creating law.

    2) You can say it all you want, but you're guilty by association. Science, voters, judges, even pro-abortion folks (some at least) know it's human life. But keep denying it so you can be comfortable with your sick viewpoint.

    Long standing precedent is meaningless if the decision was wrong. If you don't mind, at least agree to that point.
    And you are wrong, there has been at least one liberal SCJ that said it should have never happened in the first place posted in this thread. Thanks for making the absolute statement that is incorrect.
    1. I haven't seen any sources on it lol, you provided nothing was the point. Lefty sources! You got me, no way this was just a rant to distract from what I said...

    I have the obvious which is why you can easily point it out. Almost everyone can see they play a part and this is a shift. It's being talked and protested etc. etc. about all over not just "lefty sources" are covering it.

    You think this because of your politics, we agree there. That SCOTUS is dishing out Brett level beliefs should scare everyone. Only helping the point of how extreme it's gotten.

    2. Most of the country believes that there should be some restrictions and this shouldn't have been overturned. You thinking most people have a sick viewpoint is on you but that gets to the extremism aspect again. You can't comprehend that there is a middle ground here with Roe v Wade in place still (and it had been established many places).

    The reason it was long standing precedent was because most didn't think it was wrong. If it were clearly something wrong with it then there would be an issue but that's where these 6 judges stand out in making that claim. There will always be some each way but there is a viewpoint more than not in this country agree with and the courts have for many years as well until these 6 judges. The same ones that spoke a bit differently on the subject previously which is also very telling about how it all played out being political. Trump openly said this was a goal to appoint judges to do this very thing lol, at least he was honest about it unlike the others.

  9. #6804
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    48,781
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    1) You want it to but have nothing to back it.
    2) She is combing two issues, one which is made up, see point one above
    3) I provided the evidence you refused it. That's on you. So you go to your old, stale, and invalid, Brett Believes Trumps All instead of saying whoa, wait a moment. I could be dead wrong on this.
    1) Yes all I have is ACB being a profound Catholic who was also a member of anti abortion group. Surely that had no influence on her decision in respect to overturning Roe, right?

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...e-organization

    Trump vowing to pick a pro life justice in Gorsuch.

    https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...justice-234465

    If you think this wasn't pre-meditated, you're nuts and you're even crazier if you think religion and the Bible played no part in their decisions.

    2) Yes because the two issues are clearly related despite your insistence otherwise.

    3) "Brett believes" are 90% of your arguments. Look at all the polling data and tell me again how most people are either against abortion rights entirely or severely limiting rights to it. You'll never make it true no matter how many times you say it.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-27-2022 at 04:30 PM.

  10. #6805
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,425
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    if you replaced all your conservative labels with liberal ones you'd have a much more truthful post.
    No I wouldn't, but I'll say this; most democrats ALWAYS want to keep the establishment in place. Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer just want to fundraise and campaign off the SC overturning Roe, not actually pass anything and Biden is in lock step with that. You think they want to pack the court or impeach these justices? They certainly wont pass anything in Congress and any executive order will be smaller in scale than what the progressives want.

    Democrats are mostly only worried about keeping power for themselves and their donors, and they don't want to do anything that would disrupt the establishment and upset their donors.

    Basically the democrats do nothing, but they're not on a 30+ year crusade to discriminate against women and minorities like the GOP. I got the GOP labeled appropriately.

  11. #6806
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    106,676
    Lefty sources means an author capable of stringing together sentences with multiple words of two or more syllables.

  12. #6807
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    No, those women shouldn’t be subjected to it.

    My point is that nobody should be surprised when one of the bottom 5 states attempts to enact evil laws.

    I always say places like Kentucky, Missouri, Arkansas, Nebraska, Mississippi, Alabama, etc are all dog **** states because they have such small populations, take out more money than they put in, and contribute virtually nothing to the country…yet they’re the ones making the most extreme laws.

    If Roe V Wade remains overturned, you’re going to see the economic ramifications of this. People won’t want to move to those states but people will start to leave in great numbers.

    Keep the uneducated people uneducated, and start forcing religion back into society, then you have a good way to control and manipulate the masses…end up with people like Brett, BOP, and Brewers.
    Youre right, and that is an intended consequence by the GOP. They want to keep their voters off issues that matter and they want democrats in red states to move into blue states to give them a better chance at minority rule in future elections.

  13. #6808
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,429
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    Care to share a source?
    https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/child-health.htm

  14. #6809
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    46,991
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmc2201761

    The previous analysis, which examined data through 2016, showed that firearm-related injuries were second only to motor vehicle crashes (both traffic-related and nontraffic-related) as the leading cause of death among children and adolescents, defined as persons 1 to 19 years of age.4 Since 2016, that gap has narrowed, and in 2020, firearm-related injuries became the leading cause of death in that age group (Figure 1). From 2019 to 2020, the relative increase in the rate of firearm-related deaths of all types (suicide, homicide, unintentional, and undetermined) among children and adolescents was 29.5% — more than twice as high as the relative increase in the general population. The increase was seen across most demographic characteristics and types of firearm-related death (Fig. S1 in the Supplementary Appendix, available with the full text of this letter at NEJM.org).


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

  15. #6810
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    20,057
    "Source: National Vital Statistics System – Mortality data (2020) via CDC WONDER"

    Those CDC stats are for 2020: https://wonder.cdc.gov/controller/saved/D76/D266F091
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •