Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 112 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1947
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The country, as represented by our government, is probably not read to pass many of those programs. Change happens very slowly, whether we like it or not.

You know that won't quiet the discontent with the democrats or get the youth vote if climate change policy isn't implemented now. "Change happens very slowly, whether we like it or not" is great motto for incrementalism, that pitch that the democrats have strung the black base along for forty years with, but a bad campaign slogan to attract the kids because we don't have time to be strung along for another forty more years on that subject.

We got a repair job needing a thousand to fix, but we will slowly put a dollar patch here and promises to add more later, remember change is slow vote democrat.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

You are basically oking putting things off that needs to be done, on the back burner. I can't imagine running my household like that, oh, the complaining I would get.

"Hey baby, change is slow"

That is where we are at now, that just can't be allow to happen. I am for the Progressive swamping this bill if it is butcher by the likes of Joe Manchin and Kystal Sinema.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

The country, as represented by our government, is probably not read to pass many of those programs. Change happens very slowly, whether we like it or not.
    And will be, sadly, the demise of democracy in a world in which acting quickly matters whether we like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    You are basically oking putting things off that needs to be done, on the back burner. I can't imagine running my household like that, oh, the complaining I would get.

"Hey baby, change is slow"

That is where we are at now, that just can't be allow to happen. I am for the Progressive swamping this bill if it is butcher by the likes of Joe Manchin and Kystal Sinema.
    Not being okay with it doesn't change anything about the reality of the situation.

That is going to be a big list if you haven't seen that movie. "On the Waterfront" "Dr. Strangelove" "Lawerence of Arabian". Classic must see flicks. Break it down to directors with a strong cast and tight dialogue, or glorious scenes or pacing and editing. Biggest surprise for me, was finding out that a young Bob Hope was very funny. The art of the back down humor that Woody Allen was good at. Grapes of Wrath and the Ox Bow Incident. I refers old flicks because everybody seen the modern day classic.
    I might disagree with you on a lot but your taste in film is A+ Wes.

You know that won't quiet the discontent with the democrats or get the youth vote if climate change policy isn't implemented now. "Change happens very slowly, whether we like it or not" is great motto for incrementalism, that pitch that the democrats have strung the black base along for forty years with, but a bad campaign slogan to attract the kids because we don't have time to be strung along for another forty more years on that subject.

We got a repair job needing a thousand to fix, but we will slowly put a dollar patch here and promises to add more later, remember change is slow vote democrat.
    I'm not trying to quiet anyone. I'm pointing out how things work. Your choices what to do with the information are pretty limited. Figure out how to make incremental change to improve things, tear the system down extrajudiciously, or buckle up and be happy with no change.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

That is going to be a big list if you haven't seen that movie. "On the Waterfront" "Dr. Strangelove" "Lawerence of Arabian". Classic must see flicks. Break it down to directors with a strong cast and tight dialogue, or glorious scenes or pacing and editing. Biggest surprise for me, was finding out that a young Bob Hope was very funny. The art of the back down humor that Woody Allen was good at. Grapes of Wrath and the Ox Bow Incident. I refers old flicks because everybody seen the modern day classic.
    All very watchable films. I have most of them in my library. Woody Allen is a cinematic genius. One of my favorites is Play it Again, Sam, but I've always liked Humphrey Bogart.

Abortion should be 100% legal during the first trimester of the pregnancy. No ifs, ands, or buts. Who disagrees with that statement?
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Abortion should be 100% legal during the first trimester of the pregnancy. No ifs, ands, or buts. Who disagrees with that statement?
    Me.

I'm not trying to quiet anyone. I'm pointing out how things work. Your choices what to do with the information are pretty limited. Figure out how to make incremental change to improve things, tear the system down extrajudiciously, or buckle up and be happy with no change.
    Man, we have had this conservations in various form. People don't give a two bags of chips how something work if it don't work for them.

Right now, for the environmentalist, the aging, working parents with medical concerns, students facing high college expenditures, and didn't even address wage inequailty, and criminal justice, the large percentage of voters, right and left who wanted a wealth tax and increasing the corp. tax rate.

So between the bi-partisan infrastructure bill, which have a lot big business goodies, and the donor friendly reduced human infrastructure bill, who did the Democrat serve over the past two years? They butcher that bill like they were republicans. Got a democrat shouting no entitlements which is a republican battle cry.

How can you call your self a centrist or moderate if you far right of your base judging by your accomplishments?

All I am saying is good luck in winning those folks vote. You can explain how things work as a campaign slogan.
    Last edited by WES445; 10-27-2021 at 11:29 PM.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    All very watchable films. I have most of them in my library. Woody Allen is a cinematic genius. One of my favorites is Play it Again, Sam, but I've always liked Humphrey Bogart.
    Miss the turn to classic flicks. I love Woody more for his early comedic movies, Take the Money and Run, Bananas where he led a latin american rebel group to McDonalds for lunch, "We will have 400 big mac without pickles. and ...." Sleeper and of course Annie Hall where when he lean over to snort a line of coke, he sneezed the coke pile off the plate. plus Diana Keaton. I like his later stuff but I have lost track along the way.

Woody and later Mel Brooks are my king of comedy back then.

I am a big Bogart fan when he is paired with the director John Houston. Kind like how De Niro did his best work with Scorsese or Wayne with Hawks.
    Last edited by WES445; 10-27-2021 at 11:22 PM.

Will Rogers

Miss the turn to classic flicks. I love Woody more for his early comedic movies, Take the Money and Run, Bananas where he led a latin american rebel group to McDonalds for lunch, Sleeper and of course Annie Hall with Diana Keaton. I like his later stuff but I have lost track along the way.

I am a big Bogart fan when he is paired with the director John Houston. Kind like how De Niro did his best work with Scorsese or Wayne with Hawks.
    Never got into Woody Allen. I think my buddy has told me to watch Husbands and Wives monthly for 10 years. Mel Brooks is hit or miss.

Blazing Saddles is genius. And Robin Hood Men in Tights holds a very special place in my heart.

But I hate

HATTTEEE. Space Balls.

Oh and the only movie I've seen with Bogart was "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre". Which I enjoyed very much. Fittest time I'd seen Bogart play the villain.

Miss the turn to classic flicks. I love Woody more for his early comedic movies, Take the Money and Run, Bananas where he led a latin american rebel group to McDonalds for lunch, "We will have 400 big mac without pickles. and ...." Sleeper and of course Annie Hall where when he lean over to snort a line of coke, he sneezed the coke pile off the plate. plus Diana Keaton. I like his later stuff but I have lost track along the way.

Agreed. There were some great films made in the 40s-70s. Most of the ideas for films were used up during that time and today's films, other than Tom Hanks' films are usually just remakes of old ideas. I've not seen a bad performance by Tom Hanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Oh and the only movie I've seen with Bogart was "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre". Which I enjoyed very much. Fittest time I'd seen Bogart play the villain.
    If you liked Bogart in that film, you need to check out some of his other stuff. Casablanca is a classic.
    Space Balls was a farce and was very funny, if you're in the right mood.