Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 185 of 337 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 5047
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Where exactly did John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, or George Washington write that in our Constitution? Chapter and verse if you will? Where is abortion itself mentioned in the US Constitution?

I do recall some mention of a guarantee of LIFE, LIBERTY, and the PURSUIT of HAPPINESS as part of my high school Civics lessons back when. Seems to me the Founders just might have been talking about a safeguarding of human rights of a baby in the womb when that was written back 200+ years ago. Don't think that Adams would have been in favor of a British doctor driving a bayonet into the skull of a baby in the womb to abort it.
    funny, nate can't answer or apologize for being wrong.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    And this is known, how?
    I would love to hear the mechanism by which something could have a concept of self when it will be months before it can recognize objects, and months further months after that before it will still know those objects exist once they disappear from view.

"I was disagreeing with a friend about politics last night. I got so annoyed that I bear-sprayed him and beat him with a flagpole. I was surprised when he objected since we were obviously engaging in legitimate political discourse.”" - @SarahLongwell25

Where exactly did John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, or George Washington write that in our Constitution? Chapter and verse if you will? Where is abortion itself mentioned in the US Constitution?

I do recall some mention of a guarantee of LIFE, LIBERTY, and the PURSUIT of HAPPINESS as part of my high school Civics lessons back when. Seems to me the Founders just might have been talking about a safeguarding of human rights of a baby in the womb when that was written back 200+ years ago. Don't think that Adams would have been in favor of a British doctor driving a bayonet into the skull of a baby in the womb to abort it.
    Oh, you went back and edited this post five minutes later. Fun.

I didn't say anything about abortion being mentioned in the Constitution.

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are in the Declaration of Independence, not the Constitution. Anti-abortion laws didn't really start showing up in the 1860's, but abortion was absolutely being practiced in the colonies before then. Had they desired to specifically outlaw it, they could've easily done so when writing the Constitution, given that they were familiar with the practice at the time.

"I was disagreeing with a friend about politics last night. I got so annoyed that I bear-sprayed him and beat him with a flagpole. I was surprised when he objected since we were obviously engaging in legitimate political discourse.”" - @SarahLongwell25

So one was asleep and drooling on their desk during Civic class it seems. But that revision was something.
    Last edited by WES445; 01-13-2022 at 05:29 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

So does this mean you don't have the right to eat fast food? Where does your right to that come from? It's not in the Constitution. If your argument is going to be that you only have a right to things that are explicitly mentioned in the Constitution, then prepare yourself for all sorts of restrictions on any number of things not spelled out. Also be prepared to be called extremely uneducated on the founders of this country. Because the founders knew they couldn't put anything and everything in the Constitution or Bill of Rights.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Tell you what, I'm willing to compromise. The Constitution obviously doesn't apply to someone that hasn't been born yet, but I'm happy to allow a fetus to have 3rd and 7th Amendment rights.
    Where does the Constitution say that a child in the womb doesn't have the right to LIFE, LIBERTY, or the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS? You say it is obvious. Well, nate, where is that said?

I do not want to become god, as I prefer existing over not.
    gods are merely creations of man. God created man, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I don't see how you can abort something that doesn't exist. I am happy to have people stop using what they believe to influence what other people are allowed to do.
    So, that life within the womb doesn't exist at all? the thing that has a brain, a heart, and all of the parts only smaller than an adult has, doesn't exist at all? Who knew/

So, that life within the womb doesn't exist at all? the thing that has a brain, a heart, and all of the parts only smaller than an adult has, doesn't exist at all? Who knew/
    Well when it doesn’t meet the biological definition of life, I don’t think a second life exists until it does.

And this is known, how?
    Edit: Wrong post
    Last edited by dbroncsinmo; 01-13-2022 at 08:33 PM.

A fetus in the womb doesn't care about anything, because it doesn't have the ability to conceive of it's own existence.
    I thought that myself until I saw my son grab the amniocentesis needle.

And this is known, how?
    Exactly. "Science" has not even scratched at understanding the capabilities of the human brain let alone understanding of a Supreme Life Force responsible for the Universe. The outright arrogance of those who think that they can explain the existence of the Universe without even the acknowledgement that a Supreme Being is a potential explanation is so arrogant on the atheists of the world that it is indeed laughable.

I would love to hear the mechanism by which something could have a concept of self when it will be months before it can recognize objects, and months further months after that before it will still know those objects exist once they disappear from view.
    The obvious limitation of your statement is that you used the term "Mechanism" when describing "something" that has a concept of "Self". MECHANISMS are made by human beings and to date, mankind has not been able to create "life" out of nothing. So, while man can make Robots and artificial "intelligence" to give them a mock-up of a human being, man cannot create a human being out of nothing.

The obvious limitation of your statement is that you used the term "Mechanism" when describing "something" that has a concept of "Self". MECHANISMS are made by human beings and to date, mankind has not been able to create "life" out of nothing. So, while man can make Robots and artificial "intelligence" to give them a mock-up of a human being, man cannot create a human being out of nothing.
    Mechanism has more than one meaning. His use meant process.

Oh, you went back and edited this post five minutes later. Fun.

I didn't say anything about abortion being mentioned in the Constitution.

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are in the Declaration of Independence, not the Constitution. Anti-abortion laws didn't really start showing up in the 1860's, but abortion was absolutely being practiced in the colonies before then. Had they desired to specifically outlaw it, they could've easily done so when writing the Constitution, given that they were familiar with the practice at the time.

First of all, you said , that the Constitution doesn't apply to babies in the womb because they haven't been Born Yet. That is a very lame statement that is not substantiated anywhere in the founding documents of our country.
    Why do you make somekind of "point" about what I edited or amended? As for not including abortion laws in the Constitution, why should they? Especially when considering what they said regarding the provision of Life, Liberty, and teh Pursuit of Happiness in the founding documents which defined our country as a God fearing nation not some ten cent pagan undertaking.

Secondly, now you are trying to wordsmith what you said about abortion. Why? And now you retreat further into your defense regarding that abortion existed in the colonies? So what? the fact that faithless selfish people decided to murder the child in the womb existed in the colonies doesn't change one thing about the fact that the abortionists are murderers.
    Last edited by Bird of Prey; 01-13-2022 at 09:01 PM.