Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 728 of 769 FirstFirst ... 228628678718726727728729730738 ... LastLast
Results 10,906 to 10,920 of 11527
  1. #10906
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    109,266
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    "While there are exceptions for where the mother’s life is in danger, these exceptions only come into play when there is a medical emergency at that moment in time."

    When the mother's life is in danger, not if it could be in danger. What is so hard to understand?
    This is not Minority Report
    There's no need to bother justifying abortion as "life of the mother". The mother's life being on the line has no bearing on her right to get an abortion.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!
    ___

    Please remember not to reply to me if I'm not replying to you...you know who you are.

  2. #10907
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,745
    Let's check in on that texas law again:

    https://www.cbs7.com/2022/09/08/texa...uldnt-survive/



    CLEBURNE, Texas (CNN) - With abortion restrictions in place in Texas, a couple trying to start a family faced a hard choice when they learned their unborn baby would likely die shortly after birth, due to a rare chromosomal abnormality.

    Kailee DeSpain, a third-grade teacher, married her husband, Cade DeSpain, right out of college. She said they wanted kids “right away,” and late last year, the couple was thrilled to learn Kailee was pregnant.

    But four months later, at a doctor’s appointment, they received devastating news.

    “He said, ‘This is what a normal heart looks like, but this is what your baby’s heart looks like.’ He was missing heart chambers,” Kailee DeSpain said.

    Her medical records show more: the fetus had triploidy, a rare abnormality that results in an extra set of chromosomes, a severe brain defect and too-small lungs.

    Kailee DeSpain’s doctor was clear about what this meant for the unborn baby.

    “When he’s born, he’s going to suffocate to death. He may live for a few minutes. He may live for an hour, but he is going to die,” she said.

    Her doctor said they could not perform an abortion, noting in her records that termination is not legal in the state of Texas.

    “I remember being so angry and shocked in that moment that I’m being told that my child is not going to survive and that I have to carry him to term no matter what,” Kailee DeSpain said.

    What’s more, carrying the baby to term could have put her own life in danger. She was at high risk for several potentially deadly pregnancy complications, such as blood clots, preeclampsia and cancer, because of an abnormal placenta.

    Texas law allows for abortion if the mother “has a life-threatening physical condition” that places her “at risk of death” or substantial impairment. But lawmakers haven’t spelled out exactly what that means.

    The DeSpains were forced to make a choice: Kailee could risk her life and give birth to a baby who would quickly die or go out of state to have an abortion.


    Isn't it great to have hypocritical christians make all the decisions for us?

  3. #10908
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    9,440
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I didnt know I was here to attempt to entertain you. Not like that ultimately makes a lick of difference in respect to the actual subject.

    What stories am I making up? Do you really think people don't know your MO by now? Give me a break. You've been doing this since you started posting in this forum.

    Ignorance on life? What do you know about children impacted by abuse, neglect, etc? Because I have a child psychologist in my family who would tell you the awful experiences of unwanted children and many of the mentioned behaviors they repeat on others as adults. Not including drug abuse, alcohol abuse, attempts at suicide, etc. Seriously what do you know?
    Here's the, "I once spoke to a person of color so I am not racist defense." Your team would laugh at you if they could understand what you and themselves type each day in this forum.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  4. #10909
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    9,440
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    There's no need to bother justifying abortion as "life of the mother". The mother's life being on the line has no bearing on her right to get an abortion.
    Re-read the law.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  5. #10910
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    9,440
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    Let's check in on that texas law again:

    https://www.cbs7.com/2022/09/08/texa...uldnt-survive/



    CLEBURNE, Texas (CNN) - With abortion restrictions in place in Texas, a couple trying to start a family faced a hard choice when they learned their unborn baby would likely die shortly after birth, due to a rare chromosomal abnormality.

    Kailee DeSpain, a third-grade teacher, married her husband, Cade DeSpain, right out of college. She said they wanted kids “right away,” and late last year, the couple was thrilled to learn Kailee was pregnant.

    But four months later, at a doctor’s appointment, they received devastating news.

    “He said, ‘This is what a normal heart looks like, but this is what your baby’s heart looks like.’ He was missing heart chambers,” Kailee DeSpain said.

    Her medical records show more: the fetus had triploidy, a rare abnormality that results in an extra set of chromosomes, a severe brain defect and too-small lungs.

    Kailee DeSpain’s doctor was clear about what this meant for the unborn baby.

    “When he’s born, he’s going to suffocate to death. He may live for a few minutes. He may live for an hour, but he is going to die,” she said.

    Her doctor said they could not perform an abortion, noting in her records that termination is not legal in the state of Texas.

    “I remember being so angry and shocked in that moment that I’m being told that my child is not going to survive and that I have to carry him to term no matter what,” Kailee DeSpain said.

    What’s more, carrying the baby to term could have put her own life in danger. She was at high risk for several potentially deadly pregnancy complications, such as blood clots, preeclampsia and cancer, because of an abnormal placenta.

    Texas law allows for abortion if the mother “has a life-threatening physical condition” that places her “at risk of death” or substantial impairment. But lawmakers haven’t spelled out exactly what that means.

    The DeSpains were forced to make a choice: Kailee could risk her life and give birth to a baby who would quickly die or go out of state to have an abortion.


    Isn't it great to have hypocritical christians make all the decisions for us?
    you have yet to post a valid failure of the law. Keep pumping yourself as righteous.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  6. #10911
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,745
    Let's check in on that texas law:

    https://www.texasmonthly.com/news-po...-flee-or-stay/



    When Dr. Samuel Dickman moved to Texas to work as an abortion doctor in 2019, he thought he’d found a long-term home. A graduate of Harvard Medical School who’d arrived by way of San Francisco, the 34-year-old was welcomed by the friendly, working-class community just outside downtown San Antonio, where he’s worked for the past three years at Planned Parenthood South Texas. For a physician seeking a meaningful place to do abortion care, it seemed the ideal location to put his medical skills to work.

    Dickman, like so many in his field, knew that practicing abortion care in Texas had long been a challenge. State lawmakers have spent decades laying the groundwork to eradicate the procedure, constantly adding new rules and regulations to the practice of terminating pregnancies. What Dickman didn’t know, however, was that he’d arrived in Texas at a time when conservative leaders were about to embark on their most aggressive push to ban abortion entirely. Last fall, with the passage of Senate Bill 8—a hyper-restrictive law that bans abortions a matter of days after a woman has the opportunity to realize she’s pregnant—they effectively succeeded.

    What has followed, Dickman and other abortion providers maintain, is nine months of unpredictability and heartbreak. Each day, pregnant women, juggling work and family and often confused about whether abortion is still legal, flood clinics like Dickman’s. Some will manage to have the procedure, at times with only hours to spare. Many others, after learning that they’ve been pregnant more than six weeks, will be turned away, even if they have been raped or impregnated by a family member. Writing about his patients’ desperation a few months after SB 8’s passage, Dickman, who now spends much of his working hours helping patients figure out how to access out-of-state abortion care, called himself a “dystopian travel agent.”

    Reached by phone last week, Dickman described how taxing day-to-day life as a Texas abortion practitioner remains for many in his field. Regularly turning vulnerable patients away, he said, feels “like a never-ending tragedy.”

    Experiencing that tragedy again and again is partly why Dickman has decided to leave Texas altogether. When we spoke, he had just touched down in Montana, where he plans to build another new life, this time with a new job at Planned Parenthood of Montana. “I’m looking forward to being able to practice medicine with less state interference,” Dickman said. “I’m not alone. Other providers like me have already left, or they’re planning to.”

  7. #10912
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    109,266
    I am glad that I don't live in Texas reason 494749579.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!
    ___

    Please remember not to reply to me if I'm not replying to you...you know who you are.

  8. #10913
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,745
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I am glad that I don't live in Texas reason 494749579.
    I would imagine that quality of life there kinda sucks. Not knowing when your power is going to go out, not having proper medical care, heatwaves, going to school and getting shot with no support from law enforcement, or flat out racism. What's not to love, right?

  9. #10914
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    109,266
    Is there a House resolution condemning this coming?

    https://jezebel.com/suspect-in-plann...-ex-1850034354

  10. #10915
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    52,915
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Here's the, "I once spoke to a person of color so I am not racist defense." Your team would laugh at you if they could understand what you and themselves type each day in this forum.
    So you dont know ****? Got it.

    Nice try comparing people who support abortion rights to racists even in the loosest context.

    Except there is plenty of data on what unwanted children and the behaviors they are likely to repeat as adults. Can't expect much from a guy who thinks a flat tax is viable though.

  11. #10916
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    9,440
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Is there a House resolution condemning this coming?

    https://jezebel.com/suspect-in-plann...-ex-1850034354
    for the lone incident vs the plethora the recent bill covered in detail? Not likely.
    That said, this guy should never see daylight again (assuming the details are true). He's a career criminal it would appear.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  12. #10917
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    9,440
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    So you dont know ****? Got it.

    Nice try comparing people who support abortion rights to racists even in the loosest context.

    Except there is plenty of data on what unwanted children and the behaviors they are likely to repeat as adults. Can't expect much from a guy who thinks a flat tax is viable though.
    Flying off the handle might be show #5 for CC. You guys are going to bring the ratings of the station back to former days.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  13. #10918
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    52,915
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Flying off the handle might be show #5 for CC. You guys are going to bring the ratings of the station back to former days.
    You dont get to accuse people of not knowing something they've obviously researched without any pushback. That's your MO to talk about things absolutely without the aid of any real data to back it up.

    brett believes..
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-27-2023 at 12:53 PM.

  14. #10919
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    9,440
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You dont get to accuse people of not knowing something they've obviously researched without any pushback. That's your MO to talk about things absolutely without the aid of any real data to back it up.

    brett believes..
    Yep, another show for sure
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  15. #10920
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    109,266
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    for the lone incident vs the plethora the recent bill covered in detail? Not likely.
    That said, this guy should never see daylight again (assuming the details are true). He's a career criminal it would appear.
    It's not a lone incident. It's not the norm either, but it's just as common as the exact and opposite that scares you to death.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!
    ___

    Please remember not to reply to me if I'm not replying to you...you know who you are.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •