Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 607 of 689 FirstFirst ... 107507557597605606607608609617657 ... LastLast
Results 9,091 to 9,105 of 10327
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    If a child gets hurt and breaks their leg and requires medical attention we should deny them medical attention to teach them actions have consequences, even if those consequences can be easily fixed with modern medicine...
    pretty much. And it again goes back to this- GOP wants to make sure you can't have an abortion, and then the moment that fetus becomes a human, not their problem, you should have taken personal responsibility in your decisions. It's literally mind boggling.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

You would do better finding gold in a peach seed than logic in most of the republicans' social issues stances.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    pretty much. And it again goes back to this- GOP wants to make sure you can't have an abortion, and then the moment that fetus becomes a human, not their problem, you should have taken personal responsibility in your decisions. It's literally mind boggling.
    Babies are babies no matter what their location is. I find it amusing your silly statement that a fetus becomes a human somehow like it is a magic trick. When a seed in the ground germinates, it is a plant. It is a plant all through the process, whether it survives and grows and bears fruit or whatever outcome. A human baby is the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Babies are babies no matter what their location is. I find it amusing your silly statement that a fetus becomes a human somehow like it is a magic trick. When a seed in the ground germinates, it is a plant. It is a plant all through the process, whether it survives and grows and bears fruit or whatever outcome. A human baby is the same thing.
    But why only care about it before birth? The same right-to-lifers deny support for those babies and their families once they're born.

Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    1.) I didn't bring god into this. The anti-abortion movement did.

2.) How do you reconcile the hypocrisy of a party that wants to "give the child a chance" but not actually do anything to give that child a chance?
    Ending the child's life is not a solution. That's the hypocrisy of the left.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    This isn't true. There are plenty of Republicans who cite the Bible and God for their reasons as to why children should be born and not aborted.

Its not strictly a matter of pragmatism because if it was, there would be more grey area.
    Read what I wrote, last sentence.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    But why only care about it before birth? The same right-to-lifers deny support for those babies and their families once they're born.
    exactly. That is what these pro-lifers keep missing. If you are soooooooooooooooo concerned with a baby before it comes out of the womb, why does your party cease to give a **** the moment it takes it's first breath?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

they absolutely do. And who are you to make the decision for someone, and then let them deal with your decision, not theirs?
    It could totally be me, but can you re-phrase? I am struggling to read this correctly.

The fact that it's a serious question to you defines you. You lack empathy, understanding, and deny human nature entirely.
    That you don't see it as a serious question defines you. Your lack of empathy, understanding and denial of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    It's not only plenty, it's pretty much their whole argument. They just talk about how you can't kill them because their floating spaghetti monster says so. When you point out that biologically they aren't a life in the sense that we regard to be sentient, they just recoil and default to some line of scripture as if it matters to anyone but themselves. A fetus is no more a life at the stage when abortion actually occurs than is a tumor or an arm.
    Too bad nothing in science backs your fantasy.

The fetus is always human. Fetus is not a thing, it's a stage of human development.

exactly. That is what these pro-lifers keep missing. If you are soooooooooooooooo concerned with a baby before it comes out of the womb, why does your party cease to give a **** the moment it takes it's first breath?
    You want to put the cart before the horse. Stop that. Let's focus on the horse first which in this case is the unborn human being.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    That you don't see it as a serious question defines you. Your lack of empathy, understanding and denial of humanity.
    you asked, isn't it more toiling to have an abortion than raising the baby. And my answer was, "No". If you have kids, which you claim you do, you should know how much work it is to raise them right. You sacrifice 20 years of your life essentially. And even if your intentions are good and you want to raise the kid, you know how expensive and time consuming it is. How much patience, consistency, and guidance is needed. How much you need to swallow hard and not say/do things you know can come back to bite you.

To answer your question, it's a big hell no. Having an abortion will likely be physical pain for a few days, then mental pain for a brief time. Then life goes on. Having that baby, and raising it, while young, poor, alone, whatever the reason that woman wants one, will only make life exponentially harder, and that baby is likely getting a parent that can't raise them in a healthy manner.

So if it's a serious question, again, I doubt you have kids. Or your wife did all the heavy lifting while you did the ol' traditional Dad ****.

Read what I wrote, last sentence.
    I read what you wrote. Doesn't make any less untrue that isn't a PSD left related thing. There are plenty of pro life GOP Christian conservatives who talk about God and the Bible in respect to why abortion is wrong and should be outlawed.

You want to put the cart before the horse. Stop that. Let's focus on the horse first which in this case is the unborn human being.
    I won't stop it, because we know for a fact that red states are the worst when it comes to assistance for single mothers, children, education, safety, and any other metric of support. So no, **** you, I am calling your party complete liars that they care about a child after it comes out of the womb. It is now the womans problem.

Republicans start beefing up federal assistance for struggling families, improving their schools, improving their safety, offering affordable, reliable health care to mothers and children, and then maybe you have a moral leg to stand on.