Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 59 of 92 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    No.
    Then by what measure is the Texas law constitutionally sufficient in your mind?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Do you really think they only do what is listed there? Come on. I know you’re not this foolish, so I can’t think of anything other than disingenuous thinking.
    If it's a "plank" it is declared and public.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Then by what measure is the Texas law constitutionally sufficient in your mind?
    It's not. It's terrible and shady. That doesn't mean it's not interesting to wonder what arguments will be made to support it.

If it's a "plank" it is declared and public.
    Happy to save you the five seconds of Googling that it took for me to find this. You can literally find way more articles, opinion pieces, and discussion on abortion rights and the Federalist Society’s position on it.

https://thefederalist.com/2021/08/30...h-a-whirlwind/

It's not. It's terrible and shady. That doesn't mean it's not interesting to wonder what arguments will be made to support it.
    Almost as interesting as watching you posit those arguments as opposed to simply wondering about them.

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    The same people that brought us this law argued in an amicus brief on a Mississippi law SCOTUS is looking at that could overturn Roe that the same legal framework Texas is using to stop people from exercising their right to an abortion could also be used to stop both gay marriage and gay sex.

"In the same brief, which calls for Roe to be overturned, Mitchell and co-counsel Adam Mortara, an anti-abortion activist and lawyer who clerked for the supreme court justice Clarence Thomas, said such a decision could open the door for other “lawless” rights and protections to be reversed, including the right to have gay sex and the right to same-sex marriage.

The lawyers argued that while it was not necessary for the high court to immediately overrule the legal cases that enshrine those rights, “neither should the court hesitate to write an opinion that leaves those decisions hanging by a thread”.

Those cases (Lawrence, which outlawed criminal sanctions against people who engaged in gay sex, and Obergefell, which legalized same-sex marriage) were “far less hazardous to human life”, they said, but just “as lawless as Roe”."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...me-court-brief
    And this is why I kept telling people that 2016 was more than just putting Hillary in the White House. That election could dominate the rest of our lives in regard to the SCOTUS.

But, I mean, her emails, right?

If the Republican party doesnt over turn Roe V Wade they will be evicerated by their core. Theyve been campaigning against it for decades.

And if they do overturn it. They will be chewed up by younger Republicans. Particularly women.

Theyve boxxed thenselves into a corner. And I believe it will will likely decide the midterms.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    If the Republican party doesnt over turn Roe V Wade they will be evicerated by their core. Theyve been campaigning against it for decades.

And if they do overturn it. They will be chewed up by younger Republicans. Particularly women.

Theyve boxxed thenselves into a corner. And I believe it will will likely decide the midterms.
    Imagine being a Democrat running in a suburb and not reminding everyone and their mother how the GOP killed abortion in Texas and wants to make that countrywide. I know it’s going to sink Glenn Youngkin in VA. Not that a Republican had much chance in our state but he made comments that got recorded about how of course he wanted to get rid of abortion but couldn’t because moderates don’t like it. Others have and will do the same if they’re pressed on it.

Republicans are actually the ones who passed Roe vs. Wade.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Republicans used to be all about getting the government out of people's lives.

"`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

`Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Means nothing to me. No matter who passed it. The point is the right still campaigns on overturning it. They virtue signal by passing laws they know will get shut down.

At the end of the day the polling looks real grim for the GOP when it comes to abortion.

The Trump base will be pissed if it isnt passed. The Moderates will be deflated if it is passed. Bad scenario would be it kills them in the midterms. Worst case scenario it kills all faith in the court and the Dems use that momentum to change the SCOTUS.

The right have NO ONE to blame on this one. And when you have people in this very thread calling abortion "child murder"... Of course theyll be pissed. Id be pissed too if the Dens didnt take the oppurtunity to stop "legalized child murder".

Means nothing to me. No matter who passed it. The point is the right still campaigns on overturning it. They virtue signal by passing laws they know will get shut down.

At the end of the day the polling looks real grim for the GOP when it comes to abortion.

The Trump base will be pissed if it isnt passed. The Moderates will be deflated if it is passed. Bad scenario would be it kills them in the midterms. Worst case scenario it kills all faith in the court and the Dems use that momentum to change the SCOTUS.

The right have NO ONE to blame on this one. And when you have people in this very thread calling abortion "child murder"... Of course theyll be pissed. Id be pissed too if the Dens didnt take the oppurtunity to stop "legalized child murder".
    Put it to a vote. Allow the people to vote. It won't happen cause it would lose in a landslide.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Put it to a vote. Allow the people to vote. It won't happen cause it would lose in a landslide.
    It won't happen because we don't tend to put constitutional rights up for a vote.

I have no idea where this "landslide" is coming from, either.

Only 19% of people think it should be illegal in all circumstances, 32% in all circumstances, and 48% in certain circumstances.

Additionally, 49% would consider themselves pro-choice, vs 47% pro-life.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/1576/abortion.aspx

Additionally, 47% think abortion is "morally acceptable."

https://news.gallup.com/poll/350756/...cceptable.aspx

What landslide?

That’s not true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Lol. Gallup did a poll recently that showed like 60% against overturning it. And 30% for it.

If you think the majority of people want it overturned then you are just denying reality.

Not only thar but even in the GOP these numbers are trending in the opposite direction the law is going.

Page 59 of 92 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast