Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 166
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    13,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wang View Post
    Thatís funny because I was told that John Brown would be an upgrade over Agholor when trying to justify how the offense had improved. Oops 🙂
    I heard the same thing. Somewhere. Can't quite put my finger on where I heard it. Hmmm...let me think........

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    430
    Reading that Mariota got cut too. Can someone else confirm this?

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    18,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wang View Post
    Thatís funny because I was told that John Brown would be an upgrade over Agholor when trying to justify how the offense had improved. Oops 🙂
    The offense improves with full off-seasons for Edwards and Ruggs as well as Zay Jones finally looking like a good WR. Sucks to lose Brown but losing Brown and Agholor isnt crushing this offense.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    18,792
    Quote Originally Posted by attoonly View Post
    Reading that Mariota got cut too. Can someone else confirm this?
    Have not seen this so far.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7,633
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wang View Post
    Thatís funny because I was told that John Brown would be an upgrade over Agholor when trying to justify how the offense had improved. Oops 🙂
    He could have been. He just didnít look better than ruggs and Edwards. The improvement they showed so far make them better options than we had last year. This years ruggs and Edwards are better than last years agholor and ruggs.

    Upgrades from young players improving should not be underestimated. Renfrow falls into that category as well. Maybe when zay.

    Iím guessing Zay will also be a bigger part of the offense going forward. But ultimately, brown did not sign here expecting to be the 3rd or 4th option at WR.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    18,792
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    I really hate KJ got released, but Teamer does do PR/KR duties, too, correct? That may be what sealed the deal.
    Yes Teamer is a good special teams player.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7,633
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    I really hate KJ got released, but Teamer does do PR/KR duties, too, correct? That may be what sealed the deal.
    I would guess that Gillespie made KJ expendable. Teamer being able to help on special teams does not help with starting/backup S. But since Gillespie (and Diablo) looked good, kJ probably fell to third string/special teams level.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    430
    Is Bernardrick McKinney a 3-4 LB or can he play in a 4-3? Bring him in for a physical and workout to see if we could get a run stopper LB.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    16,600
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    John Brown has been cut. He asked for his release today.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wonder why he asked. Iím guessing they have the kids as being better and he didnít want to be 4th receiver so he wants to try and latch on elsewhere. Wish theyíd have tried to trade him first might have been able to swing a pick for him.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,499
    Weíre still banking on a ton of unproven inexperienced receivers. Not saying cutting Brown will be a big setback for us, just weíre going into what should be a make or break season (itís not) with question marks across the board on both sides of the ball. Pretty unacceptable for year 4 of a rebuild, especially given the draft capital weíve spent with so little to show for it.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    13,936
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    The offense improves with full off-seasons for Edwards and Ruggs as well as Zay Jones finally looking like a good WR. Sucks to lose Brown but losing Brown and Agholor isnt crushing this offense.
    Yep. At the end of the day, we drafted the solutions and they need to step up and perform. It's as simple as that. But I thought Brown would at least make the final roster and want to play in Gruden's offense. Guess I was wrong about that.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    18,792
    Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    I would guess that Gillespie made KJ expendable. Teamer being able to help on special teams does not help with starting/backup S. But since Gillespie (and Diablo) looked good, kJ probably fell to third string/special teams level.
    Deablo has been practicing and playing exclusively at Linebacker. Yes Deablo played S in college but him looking good at LB changes nothing about the depth at Safety.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Posts
    7,742
    Surprise!!! Brown got cut! HE ASKED FOR IT!!!! I don't think they're gonna cut Mariota. Peterman will never be anything more than a 3rd string QB in this league.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    18,792
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Yep. At the end of the day, we drafted the solutions and they need to step up and perform. It's as simple as that. But I thought Brown would at least make the final roster and want to play in Gruden's offense. Guess I was wrong about that.
    Brown was likely making the 53 but was going to be behind Edwards, Ruggs, Renfrow, and Zay on the depth chart so would have limited playing time. Likely why he asked for his release.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    13,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wang View Post
    Weíre still banking on a ton of unproven inexperienced receivers. Not saying cutting Brown will be a big setback for us, just weíre going into what should be a make or break season (itís not) with question marks across the board on both sides of the ball. Pretty unacceptable for year 4 of a rebuild, especially given the draft capital weíve spent with so little to show for it.
    Interesting that you don't see this as a make or break year. It's rare for any coach to get 5 years to rebuild. Gruden may not be feeling the heat, but his critics definitely are chomping at the bit to lambast him if he ends with another mediocre season.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •