Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

I guess that settles that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That said, I wouldn't mind the Cowboys bringing Cam in as the backup QB...

And that's a wrap for Cam's career

Mac looked better throughout practice and training camp by all reports. What’s weird is that they’d do this after never giving Mac the starting reps.

The situation here comes off like even though Mac was playing better they were trying to talk themselves into keeping Cam by giving him opportunities. Which is weird because you’d want to talk yourself into the rookie over a 1 year vet. Or maybe they wanted Mac running with the second team to challenge him with less talent around him and test his aptitude for recognizing and correcting mental errors not just by him but also his teammates?

It seems like Mac is the better player right now so that starting kid makes sense. And I can see not keeping Cam as a backup. But the way they went about the reps seemed to point opposite from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I guess that settles that lol
    It'S oNlY bEcAuSe He WaSn'T vAcCiNaTeD will be their response, guaranteed.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

He can go back to Carolina
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Mac looked better throughout practice and training camp by all reports. What’s weird is that they’d do this after never giving Mac the starting reps.

The situation here comes off like even though Mac was playing better they were trying to talk themselves into keeping Cam by giving him opportunities. Which is weird because you’d want to talk yourself into the rookie over a 1 year vet. Or maybe they wanted Mac running with the second team to challenge him with less talent around him and test his aptitude for recognizing and correcting mental errors not just by him but also his teammates?

It seems like Mac is the better player right now so that starting kid makes sense. And I can see not keeping Cam as a backup. But the way they went about the reps seemed to point opposite from this.
    Yeah I think having Cam there as a backup could have been detrimental for Mac's mental state if he had a bad game and the Boston media started saying he's not ready and they need to go with Cam, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    I won't be surprised at all lol

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post

Well said.

Cam obviously being a vet makes him better in certain areas, but I bet with Mac they'll feel like they can open up more of the offense and not be so one-dimensional. I liked what I saw from Mac, and think this is the right decision going forward. Cam is nowhere near good enough to make them a super bowl contender, might as well see what you have in Mac.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    That said, I wouldn't mind the Cowboys bringing Cam in as the backup QB...
    He should. But is he willing to do that. Heck I wonder if BB asked him if he rather be cut than be the backup.

I’ll miss your posts mbc
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Without getting political Im sure it played a role regarding 2nd string/cutting. A back up needs to be reliable and a combination of Newtons injury history and him already going on the covid policy during training camp didnt help.

Im sure there will be multiple players who will get cut over another player because of it.

Told you so. Mac is just the better QB for that team and that coach. Saw this coming a mile away.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast