Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    So donít get excited about the off-season. Got it

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    We'd be lucky to be able to bring back Stroman, Pillar, and Villar.

But I think Conforto is gone unless we offer him the QO, then I think he accepts. Also think we trade Dom and JD.
    I don't think the Mets will offer Conforto a QO, same for Thor. Not sure about the rules, but can't a player who is eligible for FA not declare and thus put it off another year. Also, can't the team offer a regular contract to the players, that is, not a QO? Neither player has much of a market value right now. The only reason for a QO is to ensure some form of compensation should a player sign elsewhere.

https://twitter.com/mikemayer22/stat...261526021?s=21

Iíll put this here as well.

The way things are shaking Iíll prefer Mets invest in Javy over Michael.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    https://twitter.com/mikemayer22/stat...261526021?s=21

Iíll put this here as well.

The way things are shaking Iíll prefer Mets invest in Javy over Michael.

Give Javy the Cespedes deal if not, **** him.

I donít want any part of him for more than 4 years.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Re-sign Baez 3/90

QO Conforto

Extend Stroman 6/110

Bring back Pillar and Villar

Trade McNeil/Dom + JD for a real third baseman (or even CFer) this is also dependent on whether or not thereís a DH. I like Dom as a person so Iíd be more inclined to keep him over McNeil and JD. If not a 3B/CF, make it a starting pitcher and sign Semien instead. Flipping JD for Suarez and a backup player wouldnít be the worst thing in the world.

Sign Mark Canha 4/75

Sign Verlander 1/20

Sign Gausman/Cobb 2/35

Thatís all I can really say. This team needs new coaching more than anything and new blood in the rotation and offense.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Give Javy the Cespedes deal if not, **** him.

I donít want any part of him for more than 4 years.

Why? Heís still young and 5 tool player at a premium position. This isnít cespedes. Iíd happily give him the deal we didnít give springer

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Why? Heís still young and 5 tool player at a premium position. This isnít cespedes. Iíd happily give him the deal we didnít give springer

His skill set seems like itíll age poorly. His big swing is going to slow down with age and his lack of plate discipline would make me hesitant to give him a long term deal.

I think 5 is the absolute max you can give him.

The news reports sound like Conforto is lukewarm about 2022 and beyond. All the more reason to give him a QO and get a draft pick. And he may just find a QO as a realistic option to take and rebuild his market value with a good season next year.

Baez'z contract will have a clause that if someone boos him, that person has to pay him 10,000 for distracting him during an at-bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Re-sign Baez 3/90

QO Conforto

Extend Stroman 6/110

Bring back Pillar and Villar

Trade McNeil/Dom + JD for a real third baseman (or even CFer) this is also dependent on whether or not thereís a DH. I like Dom as a person so Iíd be more inclined to keep him over McNeil and JD. If not a 3B/CF, make it a starting pitcher and sign Semien instead. Flipping JD for Suarez and a backup player wouldnít be the worst thing in the world.

Sign Mark Canha 4/75

Sign Verlander 1/20

Sign Gausman/Cobb 2/35

Thatís all I can really say. This team needs new coaching more than anything and new blood in the rotation and offense.

It would be much easier to sign Starling Marte to play CF . Move Nimmo to left and then decide between Conforto and Castallanos for RF.

Bring back LOUP A MUST !!!

Agree with Z. Baez will be fine until he turns 30-31 because his athleticism will overcome his awful approach.

After that he will be completely horrible.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    It would be much easier to sign Starling Marte to play CF . Move Nimmo to left and then decide between Conforto and Castallanos for RF.

Bring back LOUP A MUST !!!
    If they bring in Marte, you can forget any other major acquisition in all likelihood. Got to make the one big FA count imo. I'm not the biggest fan of Marte. I understand he's a multi dimensional player but I never really trust guys who are above average players and have career years in their contract season. I would rather have Bryant or Castellanos, mainly because I think the Mets need more offense or at the very least need an actual 3rd baseman. The thing is Marte and Bryant can't be QOed so no compensatory pick would be needed to be sacrificed.

I wouldn't let Sandy handle another year of making bullpen decisions either.

Not sold on bringing back Stroman at all costs btw. He's been excellent this year but no more than 4 years imo.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-16-2021 at 10:17 AM.

Iíd be much more willing to give Baez 6 years than Stroman personally

https://www.si.com/mlb/mets/news/sou...eball-ops-role

I don't see it happening because I think Epstein would want more autonomy than the Mets are willing to give him but if they can get him, great.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    https://www.si.com/mlb/mets/news/sou...eball-ops-role

I don't see it happening because I think Epstein would want more autonomy than the Mets are willing to give him but if they can get him, great.
    Yeah we need a culture change so letís hire the guy who turned a blind eye to Porter, traded for domestic abuser Chapman, let Addison Russellís garbage *** on the field, and so on.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast