Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 83
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    42,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Yeah we need a culture change so let’s hire the guy who turned a blind eye to Porter, traded for domestic abuser Chapman, let Addison Russell’s garbage *** on the field, and so on.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No one is going blackball Epstein from the league. If he wants a ML job someone will hire him. What are these guys supposed to be? Player's babysitters? Once the league was aware of what Chapman and Russell did, they were suspended.

    And I hate to break it to you but people will overlook poor, even criminal, behavior if a player is talented. That's why Chapman still has a job in this league. Aren't the Mets employing Jeurys Familia? Didn't the Mets bring back Jose Reyes after he beat up his wife?

    The things Epstein overlooked can be corrected so it doesn't happen again. What I give a **** about is winning. There are a list of guys who might be good. I'm tired of "might be good". Theo has 3 WS titles on his resume.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-16-2021 at 04:32 PM.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    14,230

    Mets Who Won't Be Here Next Year

    I’d let Conforto walk without a QO

    I’d be willing to trade any of the following:

    McNeil
    Dom
    Davis
    Alonso

    I’d offer a QO to Thor

    I’d try to resign Baez, Stroman, Loup
    Last edited by n8ghee; 09-16-2021 at 05:00 PM.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,233
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    I’d let Conforto walk without a QO

    I’d be willing to trade any of the following:

    McNeil
    Dom
    Davis
    Alonso

    I’d offer a QO to Thor

    I’d try to resign Baez, Stroman, Loup
    What's your solution for 1B if Dom and Pete are traded? Pete has basically been our only offensive threat and most consistent hitter and is an above average offensive 1B. Not sure what else you're expecting...

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    14,230

    Mets Who Won't Be Here Next Year

    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    What's your solution for 1B if Dom and Pete are traded? Pete has basically been our only offensive threat and most consistent hitter and is an above average offensive 1B. Not sure what else you're expecting...
    If both are traded, Cano


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    23,788
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Cano


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah I’m just gonna log off


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    14,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Yeah I’m just gonna log off


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    23,788
    although I would rather have Cano play than McNeil.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    23,788
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    No one is going blackball Epstein from the league. If he wants a ML job someone will hire him. What are these guys supposed to be? Player's babysitters? Once the league was aware of what Chapman and Russell did, they were suspended.

    And I hate to break it to you but people will overlook poor, even criminal, behavior if a player is talented. That's why Chapman still has a job in this league. Aren't the Mets employing Jeurys Familia? Didn't the Mets bring back Jose Reyes after he beat up his wife?

    The things Epstein overlooked can be corrected so it doesn't happen again. What I give a **** about is winning. There are a list of guys who might be good. I'm tired of "might be good". Theo has 3 WS titles on his resume.
    Nobody’s gonna blackball him but if the Mets are trying to get away from bad press and implement a culture change, it’s a terrible move to make.

    Familia should’ve never been back, and Reyes was a ****ing joke. I hope that dude gets hit by a car.

    Should’ve hired Kim Ng, a WoC would’ve been a much better person to implement a culture change and to have no nonsense when it comes to these scumbags and their DV.

    Not to mention Theo doesn’t know how to win without tearing things down. I’m good waiting 10 years for a potential playoff run.

    Just get Billy Owens.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    108,507
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    If both are traded, Cano


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    At least say Vientos.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,945
    Two weeks ago I was sure Baez would not be on the team next year. Not so sure now even though he once said he would like to go back to the Cubs next year. Right now he is our most dynamic player . If somehow we could control his strike zone he could be a perrenial all star.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    42,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Nobody’s gonna blackball him but if the Mets are trying to get away from bad press and implement a culture change, it’s a terrible move to make.

    Familia should’ve never been back, and Reyes was a ****ing joke. I hope that dude gets hit by a car.

    Should’ve hired Kim Ng, a WoC would’ve been a much better person to implement a culture change and to have no nonsense when it comes to these scumbags and their DV.

    Not to mention Theo doesn’t know how to win without tearing things down. I’m good waiting 10 years for a potential playoff run.

    Just get Billy Owens.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whatever temporary backlash that will cause can instantly be won over with winning. I wouldn't expect Epstein to take a similar approach to those things if a ML team hired him again btw.

    Yes, Kim Ng should have had an executive or ML GM position much sooner but she's another GM who "might be good". The Marlins suck. They have a good farm system and a nice pitching staff but not much else. There still a team that will hampered by their inability to spend money and that's not going to change results unless they become the Rays of the NL.

    I'm not lol. **** waiting 10 years. We've been waiting long enough. Might as well kept the Wilpons here if they were going to wait that long and no paying customer is going to have that type of patience.

    I'm all for other candidates but I'm not precluding Theo just because of his former affiliations.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-17-2021 at 05:32 AM.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    23,788
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Whatever temporary backlash that will cause can instantly be won over with winning. I wouldn't expect Epstein to take a similar approach to those things if a ML team hired him again btw.

    Yes, Kim Ng should have had an executive or ML GM position much sooner but she's another GM who "might be good". The Marlins suck. They have a good farm system and a nice pitching staff but not much else. There still a team that will hampered by their inability to spend money and that's not going to change results unless they become the Rays of the NL.

    I'm not lol. **** waiting 10 years. We've been waiting long enough. Might as well kept the Wilpons here if they were going to wait that long and no paying customer is going to have that type of patience.

    I'm all for other candidates but I'm not precluding Theo just because of his former affiliations.
    I’ll put money on the Marlins finishing in at least 3rd place next year. Jeter and to a lesser degree Ng, have completely transformed that franchise.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    42,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I’ll put money on the Marlins finishing in at least 3rd place next year. Jeter and to a lesser degree Ng, have completely transformed that franchise.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's not hard to be better than the Phillies and the Nationals at this point. Yes I said Phillies because I do think the Mets will be better than they will be next year.

    Then again if this team keeps this cluster**** of a FO together, who knows? I don't understand the need to keep Alderson around if you're going to hire a president of baseball operations anyway. And is that person going to hire their own GM or keep Scott? Its just better to clean house and start with a new regime at that point. You don't need that many cooks in the kitchen.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-17-2021 at 09:59 AM.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    42,909

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,811

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •