Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
Results 556 to 570 of 664
  1. #556
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    29,783
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    At least he's a young guy with nickel upside

    He could he good, like Jaylon but an inferior prospect. Hopefully it's game


    Anyone have an idea how Vildor and Jaylon performed in week 1? Naturally I assume they were horrible but I know nothing

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports....164530400.html

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/bearswi...e-goodwin/amp/

    Vildor was our 2nd highest rated by PFF. Take it for what that is worth. Some of u obviously like it more than me. And forgive me for questioning something that has Robert Quinn rated #1 on our defense when i saw him play like dog ****. Or them rating Damien Williams 71.7 while rating Montgomery 64.5

  2. #557
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    52,802

  3. #558
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    30,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports....164530400.html

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/bearswi...e-goodwin/amp/

    Vildor was our 2nd highest rated by PFF. Take it for what that is worth. Some of u obviously like it more than me. And forgive me for questioning something that has Robert Quinn rated #1 on our defense when i saw him play like dog ****. Or them rating Damien Williams 71.7 while rating Montgomery 64.5
    It's a flawed tool but still a good one to use in your toolbox of concepts when it comes to grading player performance (imo)


    Honestly I'm not as doom and gloom as I was watching that atrocity Sunday night.


    Let's see how they adjust defensively. And not even Nagy can throw Dalton out there much longer.


    I really believe the Rams will be the best team in the NFC this year

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  4. #559
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    28,904
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports....164530400.html

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/bearswi...e-goodwin/amp/

    Vildor was our 2nd highest rated by PFF. Take it for what that is worth. Some of u obviously like it more than me. And forgive me for questioning something that has Robert Quinn rated #1 on our defense when i saw him play like dog ****. Or them rating Damien Williams 71.7 while rating Montgomery 64.5
    #1) Vildor was our 2nd highest rated player by virtue of basically everyone sucked in the game. Same thing for Quinn, who wasn't great (hence, his grade was basically average), but he had some pressures. Their grades were not very good, nor indicative that PFF thought they played very well. They were okay.
    #2) 1 game samples are virtually meaningless and PFF will tell you exactly that.
    #3) You still understand nothing about PFF's grading process, much less anything else regarding data or statistics.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 09-14-2021 at 07:49 PM.

  5. #560
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    29,783
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    #1) Vildor was our 2nd highest rated player by virtue of basically everyone sucked in the game. Same thing for Quinn, who wasn't great (hence, his grade was basically average), but he had some pressures. Their grades were not very good, nor indicative that PFF thought they played very well. They were okay.
    #2) 1 game samples are virtually meaningless and PFF will tell you exactly that.
    #3) You still understand nothing about PFF's grading process, much less anything else regarding data or statistics.
    Explain david Montgomery lower than Williams? Look i think some of u must get paid by off by how much u defend it. I never said it was awful. Just far from the end all be all. I cant honestly fathom how and where David Montgomery deserved any type of negative grades. He was strait up outstanding. Meanwhile williams gets a better grade But. But if quinn was Bellow average at 68.4 then so was Montgomery 64.5.

    Also what the **** did fields do in his 5 or 6 snaps to warrant a bellow average grade too? Being told to run a stupid reverse. 2 for 2 and a rushing TD. But him also on a Scale lower than Quinn?

    I find your ability to just follow that illogical ranking incredibly asinine. Especially if your not willing to use your own eyes and question anything they say and instead follow it to the ends of the earth.

    Fact is Quinn was as if not more responsible for that stafford Bomb then the safties were by failing to contain. So calling him one of our better players is just sad to me. Looking at the limited stuff fields had and finding fault in it. Again. Feel free to defend that if you wish. And Montgomery who strait up was fighting for yards he should not habe gotten. Trucking through aaron donnald on the goal line because of a terrible missed block. But sure he sucks too and was bellow average.

    Pff is the bible of football and questioning it is a strait up sin and reserves you to football hell. Lol
    Last edited by Kyben36; 09-14-2021 at 09:11 PM.

  6. #561
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    28,904
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Explain david Montgomery lower than Williams? Look i think some of u must get paid by off by how much u defend it. I never said it was awful. Just far from the end all be all. I cant honestly fathom how and where David Montgomery deserved any type of negative grades. He was strait up outstanding. Meanwhile williams gets a better grade But. But if quinn was Bellow average at 68.4 then so was Montgomery 64.5.

    Also what the **** did fields do in his 5 or 6 snaps to warrant a bellow average grade too? Being told to run a stupid reverse. 2 for 2 and a rushing TD. But him also on a Scale lower than Quinn?

    I find your ability to just follow that illogical ranking incredibly asinine. Especially if your not willing to use your own eyes and question anything they say and instead follow it to the ends of the earth.

    Fact is Quinn was as if not more responsible for that stafford Bomb then the safties were by failing to contain. So calling him one of our better players is just sad to me. Looking at the limited stuff fields had and finding fault in it. Again. Feel free to defend that if you wish. And Montgomery who strait up was fighting for yards he should not habe gotten. Trucking through aaron donnald on the goal line because of a terrible missed block. But sure he sucks too and was bellow average.

    Pff is the bible of football and questioning it is a strait up sin and reserves you to football hell. Lol
    For Montgomery's explanation, I'll cite you to how PFF typically grades RBs:
    https://www.pff.com/news/pro-how-pff...-running-backs

    I'm not gonna waste my time trying to explain everything about PFF to you again. Overall? I'm guessing it just had to do with the fact he didn't really break that many tackles or break many big runs. He ran for big chunks all night, but it very well could've been the way the Rams were playing the Bears. They were playing pretty soft in the box and most of those yards were just there in front of him. Football is a complex sport. Just cause he ran for a high ypa and a lot of yards doesn't mean he did anything that special. And Damien Williams had such a small amount of touches that his grade is almost meaningless, so not sure why it even matters to you that his grade was higher, but it's a really terrible indictment of PFF. Runningbacks in general really don't impact much and PFF generally doesn't assign many RBs very extreme grades in either direction.

    I don't know what Fields' grade even was, but I'd guess he didn't get a glowing grade cause he didn't get asked to do very much and didn't really do much either. Again, sample sizes. Stop neglecting them.

    As for the Quinn thing, not sure what you're referring to. But PFF giving him a decent grade in spite of one really bad play doesn't mean they didn't take points off for that bad play. He had some pressures in the game too and still deserves credit for those. That's the cool thing about PFF. They grade every play. Not just the two or three you remember off hand.

    They know much more about football than I do, and definitely more than you do. So yeah, it's not that criticizing them is a sin, but if you do it, then actually know your ****.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 09-14-2021 at 11:00 PM.

  7. #562
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Lenox
    Posts
    26,544
    Montgomery led the NFL with 5 YPC after contact. Next closest wasnt even in the 3s.

  8. #563
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    28,904
    Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Montgomery led the NFL with 5 YPC after contact. Next closest wasnt even in the 3s.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEKr..._channel=ShunV

    That's puzzling rewatching his highlights. Sure didn't seem like he was breaking 5 ypc after contact routinely. He fights and is able to pick up a couple extra yards here and there, but I think my recollection was mostly right. Usually he was running into open space.

    I'm wondering if his first run skewed that number. He was technically wrapped around the arm it looks like right around the first down marker then ran for another 30 yards or so. So that could be why. Those are also his highlights. It's possible he had some poor runs that we just forgot about, so that would've reducted points.

    Anyway, again, my point is not to say PFF is perfect. I would've expected Monty's grade to be higher too, but the issue I take is when people don't like a grade and use it as a means to dismissing PFF entirely.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 09-15-2021 at 08:13 AM.

  9. #564
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    52,802

  10. #565
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    52,802

  11. #566
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    52,802

  12. #567
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,662
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagofan08 View Post
    This is why Fields is no automatic answer. Every QB Nagy has played its the same dink and dunk. First it was blamed on Trubisky because he doesnít trust him to throw it deep. Then its the o line, no time. Now its Dalton canít move and the o line doesnít give him time. I get these are issues but donít try to throw a ball past 15 yards the ENTIRE game? I just donít get it. Is Nagy completely against attempting longer passes, is it he doesnít know how to do it? I get there are issues but not even try the entire game?

    The 3rd quarter was telling. LA scores quickly, then we go on an impressive drive that takes 9 minutes to score. I get up and go to the bathroom and grab a drink and already LA scores a touchdown again? Our offense even when successful is like pulling teeth, it drags and drags. So many third downs, no long plays. Itís maddening we donít even try, whatever the issues are.

  13. #568
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    21,966
    Nagy has to go.. I can live with Pace eventhough he misses a lot more than he hits. Nagy is going to destroy Fields..

  14. #569
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    52,802

  15. #570
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    52,802

Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •