Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    We have to trust La Russa - but damn, I wish I could enjoy this more.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

I watched highlights of the 10 inning Rays/ BoSox game yesterday after watching a few innings live where Boston had a seemingly comfortable lead. The Rays have momentum and that confidence thing that winning teams get. If we advance to the ALCS, I hope they aren't there. They are finding ways to score runs and win.

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    I watched highlights of the 10 inning Rays/ BoSox game yesterday after watching a few innings live where Boston had a seemingly comfortable lead. The Rays have momentum and that confidence thing that winning teams get. If we advance to the ALCS, I hope they aren't there. They are finding ways to score runs and win.
    There is a reason they are comfortable in 1st place.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    There is a reason they are comfortable in 1st place.
    I know. And they are putting it on the BoSox tonight..demoralizing them.
    Blue Jays are still a long shot for the Wild Card but maybe Boston folds and they get in.

I think both Toronto and Seattle can make a late run at this. Tor has 5 games left head to head with the Yanks, and like 11 games against Bal and Minn. they do however have 7 against TB still though.
    Sea has 3 left against Bos and a pretty avg remaining schedule with lots of games against Oak, who are floundering.

White Sox +12 in the Central. -1.5 for the 2 seed and extra home game round 1. -7 for the 1 seed.

We have consistently shown that we can win games with our top 3 starting pitchers! Gio likely back Tuesday. We could just about lock things up in the Central this week vs the Angels and Rangers. Maybe gain some ground and pass the Stros too. Hopefully Anderson is back soon so he can get into a rhythm. Granted that hasn't been much of an issue for our players that spent time on the DL.

Anderson back Tuesday. Gonna be full strength. They are going to ease him back similar to Eloy and Robert. The fact that everyone of our players is pretty much returning at the same time, you have to imagine most of these DL stints were just precautionary and maintenance.

Also sounds like we are going to be on a 6 man rotation to give Rodon extra days off. Not a bad idea. We should be one of the most well rested teams heading into the postseason.

Engel is also back soon it seems. It seems like a year ago that everyone wanted us to upgrade our OF, but our OF is extremely deep. Robert/Eloy/Vaughn/Sheets/Engel/BHam/Goodwin/Leury! I wonder what our playoff roster will look like assuming good health?

C Grandal
    1B Abreu
    2B Cesar
    SS Tim
    3B YoYo
    RF Engel
    CF Robert
    LF Leury
    DH Eloy

BN Vaughn DH/OF/1B (Late game Pinch Hitter vs. LHP)
    BN Goodwin OF (Starts if we need Leury to fill in in the Infield)
    BN Zavala C
    BN BHam OF (Pinch Runner/Late Game Defense)
    BN Sheets DH/OF/1B (Late game Pinch Hitter vs. RHP)

SP Lynn
    SP Gio
    SP Rodon
    SP Cease

RP Hendriks
    RP Kimbrel
    RP Kopech
    RP Bummer
    RP Crochet
    RP Tepera
    RP Reynaldo
    RP Whoever is hot going into the postseason between (Burr, Ruiz, Marshall)

If the playoffs started today, I'd be starting Goodwin or Leury in the OF. With good pitching and a great defensive OF, we would be at a huge advantage. It also gives us 2 late game pinch hitter options from both sides of the plate in Vaughn and Sheets. Then you still have BHam for a defensive sub if one of those guys come up big and get us a lead to maintain. I think this is the best way to set things up, and it would allow every player to play their part in the most optimal way for the team. And that's the most important thing.

With how we are going to be resting players, we can start planning for the opening 2 in Houston. I don't expect many guys playing 3-4 straight for the rest of the season, and our starters will be on short leashes. And we are going to see a lot of mop up pitchers who won't be on the playoff roster as well.

I feel like we need to focus on one of these last few series, and put a playoff lineup out there, and Tony needs to tell the guys, play this like itís an elimination series.

Reason being, most teams are playing for something right now, so they are in that mode, and weíve been out of that mode for over a month. We need to ignite the fire so we donít flame out

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I feel like we need to focus on one of these last few series, and put a playoff lineup out there, and Tony needs to tell the guys, play this like itís an elimination series.

Reason being, most teams are playing for something right now, so they are in that mode, and weíve been out of that mode for over a month. We need to ignite the fire so we donít flame out
    https://www.mlb.com/news/white-sox-c...ers-postponedM

Tony basically reiterated what I just said. ď11 games to practice that competitive edgeĒ. Gotta get that winning feeling. Canít coddle our guys too much this week. If they get hurt trying harder now, they were never gonna make it through the postseason anyways

Tampa Bay has to be the favorite to win the AL pennant. That said, I would like to see them get knocked out in the first round so we don't have to play them at that terrible ballpark.

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    Tampa Bay has to be the favorite to win the AL pennant. That said, I would like to see them get knocked out in the first round so we don't have to play them at that terrible ballpark.
    They're the favorite but the Sox are the most talented team top to bottom

This hot steak has be amped

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Since this thread is already up, predict your roster.

I'll put up the IGT once rosters and schedule is announced.

Right now it's Thursday, Friday @ Houston.

Sunday in Chicago

Monday possibly in Chicago

Wednesday possibly in Houston.

As for times they have not been announced yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    Since this thread is already up, predict your roster.

I'll put up the IGT once rosters and schedule is announced.

Right now it's Thursday, Friday @ Houston.

Sunday in Chicago

Monday possibly in Chicago

Wednesday possibly in Houston.

As for times they have not been announced yet.
    That's because we aren't NYY or BOS
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

1. Timmy SS
    2. LouBob CF
    3. Abreu 1B
    4. Grandal C
    5. Eloy LF
    6. YoYo 3B
    7. Leury RF
    8. Sheets DH (RHP)
    9. Cesar 2B

10. Engel OF
    11. Vaughn 1B/OF/DH (LHP)
    12. BHam OF (PR and Defense)
    13. Collins C

14. Lynn
    15. Gio
    16. Rodon
    17. Cease

18. Hendriks
    19. Kimbrel
    20. Bummer
    21. Kopech
    22. Crochet
    23. Tepera
    24. Lopez
    25. Ruiz
    26. Keuchel (He gets a lucky Roster Spot with Goodwin being hurt. He's likely used in a blowout as an innings eater)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast