Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Markkanen to Cavs, Nance to Blazers

As the title says, 3 team trade.

Edit: woj and shams "Sources: Clevelandís acquiring Chicagoís Lauri Markkanen in three-way sign and trade with Portland.*Bulls get Derrick Jones Jr., PORís lottery protected future 1st and Cavsí future second-rounder. POR gets Larry Nance Jr... Bulls: Derrick Jones Jr., Portland protected first-rounder, Denver protected 2023 second-rounder. Cavaliers: Lauri Markkanen. Trail Blazers: Larry Nance Jr.".

It's a 4 year $67 million deal for Lauri. $16.75 AAV

Not sure I understand it from the Cavs perspective... They just drafted Mobley, just re-signed Allen, and still have the Love albatross contract.

Guess one of Mobley or Lauri need to learn to play 3, and with who their head coach is, I would not be surprised if he ran three 7 footers out on the court together.

For the Blazers, Nance is an upgrade over DJJ for sure but depending on the pick given up, may have been an overpay for a bench guy. But I guess after an underwhelming summer they had to do something.

Markkanen to Cavs, Nance to Blazers

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Not sure I understand it from the Cavs perspective... They just drafted Mobley, just re-signed Allen, and still have the Love albatross contract.

Guess one of Mobley or Lauri need to learn to play 3, and with who their head coach is, I would not be surprised if he ran three 7 footers out on the court together.
    He can shoot. They need that. If Lauri and Mobley can both play 4 and 5 there are still a lot of mins to go around without either playing 3 right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 08-27-2021 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He can shoot. They need that. If Lauri and Mobley can both play 4 and 5 there are still a lot of mins to go around without either playing 3 right?

For sure, just not sure I would pay a guy almost $17 million per year to come off the bench.

Lol only the Bulls got better in this.

For the Blazers, Nance is an upgrade over DJJ for sure but depending on the pick given up, may have been an overpay for a bench guy. But I guess after an underwhelming summer they had to do something.
    Nance is a fine player and all, but I don't like it for the Blazers either. Definitely seems like an overpay to me. They dealt 2 first round picks for Covington. That will be no 1st round picks for 2020/2021/2022 (if the conditions are met). They also dealt a very young Gary Trent for Powell. I know they are trying to keep Dame happy, but their roster doesn't look like a contender to me even with all of these moves. They also don't have many talented young players that could make a big step forward and become big contributors. Maybe Anfernee Simons could take a step forward? Greg Brown could be a good find in the second round? Nurkic and Covington are both also expiring contracts. I wonder if this year is the last attempt with Dame and they just try to recoup the draft capital by dealing him.
    Last edited by pebloemer; 08-27-2021 at 01:22 PM.

For sure, just not sure I would pay a guy almost $17 million per year to come off the bench.
    Donít love the contract at all but I do think he could help the team. The deal is a pretty big gamble. I think the Allen contract is even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Nance is a fine player and all, but I don't like it for the Blazers either. Definitely seems like an overpay to me. They dealt 2 first round picks for Covington. That will be no 1st round picks for 2020/2021/2022 (if the conditions are met). They also dealt a very young Gary Trent for Powell. I know they are trying to keep Dame happy, but their roster doesn't look like a contender to me even with all of these moves.
    Shuffling the chairs on the Titanic and all.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Lol only the Bulls got better in this.

Weird how the Cavs were seeking a first for Nance yet the Bulls are who ended up with the first lol

Also somehow ended up with the SF in the trade, when the Cavs have literally zero wings to speak of on their roster.

Feels like this trade was just so teams could say they made a trade.

Weird how the Cavs were seeking a first for Nance yet the Bulls are who ended up with the first lol

Also somehow ended up with the SF in the trade, when the Cavs have literally zero wings to speak of on their roster.

Feels like this trade was just so teams could say they made a trade.
    I donít get Port in this because they gave up defense forÖ.some maybe offense?

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I donít get Port in this because they gave up defense forÖ.some maybe offense?

DJJ is not a very good defender and he's horrible offensively IMO. But I agree it's a total overpay.

Nance is better overall but is not going to suddenly make then a WCF contender. You need all the picks you can get in a rebuild.

They overpaid but they'll probably get like 6-8 first rounders total if they decide to trade Dame and CJ. So probably not the end of the world.

larry nance was pretty good last year. I think he will be a much better fit then DJJ. Hopefully for the cavs Lauri finally shows the promise he should have, but hasn't shown at all so far. 17 mill a year is a lot of money for how little he has done. I am kinda shocked that the Bulls didn't want nance.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    They overpaid but they'll probably get like 6-8 first rounders total if they decide to trade Dame and CJ. So probably not the end of the world.
    So give up high 1sts to not be as good!

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast