Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Internally they will have a full season to integrate Powell and Iíd be surprised if Simmons doesnít become a major bench contributor. That kid is a stud. Externally the departure of Mello and Kanter and the addition of Zeller and Nance should improve them defensively. You are just hoping Lillard forces his way out.
    Yep, I already posted here but the Blazer starters with Powell were among the top lineups in the NBA last season (and they smoked the Nuggets starters in the playoffs). The Blazers bench was historically bad and now weíve jettisoned the worst aspects and brought in some solid contributors.

That alone is enough to improve, then factor in our injuries last year and improvement is virtually guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Yep, I already posted here but the Blazer starters with Powell were among the top lineups in the NBA last season (and they smoked the Nuggets starters in the playoffs). The Blazers bench was historically bad and now weíve jettisoned the worst aspects and brought in some solid contributors.

That alone is enough to improve, then factor in our injuries last year and improvement is virtually guaranteed.
    That Nuggets team without it's top 4 guards you mean?

And he's trying to make the basis of discrediting me based on fandom.

I look at it this way based on 2020-21 season -
    1 seed Jazz, not going anywhere
    2 seed Suns, you can maybe say their record was a factor of health, but they clearly are good.
    3 seed Nuggets, they have the MVP and got players that will be healthy that didn't play.
    4 seed Clippers, first team you can make the argument will slide.
    5 seed Mavericks, like the Blazers, I think you can put them in the marginally better category.
    6 seed Blazers, marginally better based on health.
    7 seed Lakers, are you expecting them to not be a top 4 seed? Because they are.
    8 seed Grizzlies, they will continue to rise, have a healthy JJJ this year.
    9 seed Warriors, they got healthier and added to their team
    10 seed Spurs, I think this is the first team you can say got actually worse.

So, who are they overtaking and who is staying behind them?

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Not sure I understand it from the Cavs perspective... They just drafted Mobley, just re-signed Allen, and still have the Love albatross contract.

Guess one of Mobley or Lauri need to learn to play 3, and with who their head coach is, I would not be surprised if he ran three 7 footers out on the court together.
    Love and Cavs are making progress on a buyout from what I just read.

Markkanen to Cavs, Nance to Blazers

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    That Nuggets team without it's top 4 guards you mean?

And he's trying to make the basis of discrediting me based on fandom.

I look at it this way based on 2020-21 season -
    1 seed Jazz, not going anywhere
    2 seed Suns, you can maybe say their record was a factor of health, but they clearly are good.
    3 seed Nuggets, they have the MVP and got players that will be healthy that didn't play.
    4 seed Clippers, first team you can make the argument will slide.
    5 seed Mavericks, like the Blazers, I think you can put them in the marginally better category.
    6 seed Blazers, marginally better based on health.
    7 seed Lakers, are you expecting them to not be a top 4 seed? Because they are.
    8 seed Grizzlies, they will continue to rise, have a healthy JJJ this year.
    9 seed Warriors, they got healthier and added to their team
    10 seed Spurs, I think this is the first team you can say got actually worse.

So, who are they overtaking and who is staying behind them?

A strong middle seed, with a franchise player , that should be better then they were last year. Thatís not a bad thing. A healthy Blazers team is a team to take seriously. The fact that you donít bet them over the field doesnít change that. Maybe Lillard asks out. If he does the Sixers might get real lucky but itís not in the Blazers interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 08-28-2021 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Maybe the Sixers should look to move Joel and start over. Think the Blazers would give them CJ and some picks?

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Love and Cavs are making progress on a buyout from what I just read.
    I seen that, that would make the trade make more sense.

Iíd like for the Blazers to add a Langston Galloway type. Iím guessing they only have the min to offer?

We Bulls fans would definitely appreciate the Blazers making the playoffs next year [emoji4][emoji1417]

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    We Bulls fans would definitely appreciate the Blazers making the playoffs next year [emoji4][emoji1417]

I just seen that, "Blazers pick is protected 1-14 through 2028. It becomes Portland 2028 second-round pick if not conveyed before then, per sources".

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I just seen that, "Blazers pick is protected 1-14 through 2028. It becomes Portland 2028 second-round pick if not conveyed before then, per sources".
    Good protection but thatís a long time to have a pick tied up.

Lets trash the Blazers so they can trade Lillard somewhere other than Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Lets trash the Blazers so they can trade Lillard somewhere other than Philly.
    Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    So give up high 1sts to not be as good!
    Theyíre better with Nance, albeit at a steep price. We needed another solid defender who plays both front court positions and hits threes.
    I liked them keeping Powell too, in that it makes McCollum more expendable. I love CJ, but they need to turn him and assets into a premier, do-it-all wing - DJJ, but good. Hayward would have been good, but I donít know if Charlotte would want McCollum after spending big on Rozier. Iíd also call about Jerami Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Theyíre better with Nance, albeit at a steep price. We needed another solid defender who plays both front court positions and hits threes.
    I liked them keeping Powell too, in that it makes McCollum more expendable. I love CJ, but they need to turn him and assets into a premier, do-it-all wing - DJJ, but good. Hayward would have been good, but I donít know if Charlotte would want McCollum after spending big on Rozier. Iíd also call about Jerami Grant.
    Thereís been no peep about CJ all summer so Iím assuming they rather keep him. Nance is a fine player. Heís a try hard guy. I think he was helped being in a bad situation some (statistically). Heís not a move the needle type guy to me though.

That 1st will trigger next year as a 21st-25th pick. To get a legit rotation guy that's fine.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast