Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Trade players

Trade players

Any Packers players you see might get traded and not just released? I was thinking EQ maybe?

Lucas Patrick seems like a candidate if he doesn't win a starting role. Not sure I would deal him, since having a dude who's played a bunch of snaps in the NFL as a cheapish backup. But given his experience, I'd imagine someone might be interested.

I doubt EQ really has any value to be honest. He made a handful of plays as a rookie, but wasn't that impressive and has done virtually nothing since then. He also fell pretty far in the draft compared to where he was projected go. I just don't think he was well thought of around the league to be honest to start.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 08-27-2021 at 09:42 PM.

If the Packers start out say 3-5, which could seriously happen do you start trading players? A Rod, Adams, both Smiths, maybe Bahk. That would clear up a ton off cap space not to mention the players and picks we could get.

I know I've been the "let's not overreact guy" on this forum enough, but I guess it's not worth thinking about in my mind yet. It was one bad game. We are still not a bad team. Our division is not good. I think it's highly unlikely we are out of it by the trade deadline.

That being said in season trades are always kind of awkward. The only way we are 3-5 is if most of those guys struggle in which case their trade value won't be super high. But if Preston and Z are playing well enough for teams to want them at their current deals, then I think out defense will be playing at least okay.

And with Rodgers, I'd rather trade him after the season. You're trading him for picks and young players. If you trade him mid season, the team that gets him will likely have a worse pick by the time the year is up. You would have to get significantly more for Rodgers at the deadline to be talked into trading him in my mind.

I just hope Rodgers doesn't say screw it, and retire so the Packers get nothing. Not saying I'm on the trade him now bandwagon, just if this team looks like they are going nowhere. And if you look at the up coming games it's pretty tough. Det, at SF, Pitt, at Cinn, at Chic, Wash, at Ariz, at KC, Sea. 5-5? or maybe 6-4? I would think at 6-4 they have to 5-2 to make the playoffs at 11-6.

It's also very early and we don't actually know how good any of those teams are. Pitt got a really good win vs Buffalo, but that offense looked atrocious and it took a huge special teams play to get that win.

The NFC West shouod be good, but are any of those teams great outside of probably LAR? I think that remains to be seen. Arizona is super talented but they were last year too and couldnt put it all together. I need to see them a few weeks to actually think they are a legit threat. (I think they are a really poorly coached team that kills them at times.) Seattle has been hanging in by a thread for years and has required Russ to be really good just to make the playoffs lately. If he plays like he did down the stretch last year, that's not a very good team. Plus we've handled them in GB for years now. San Fran is still a question mark too. Injuries killed them last year and they still can pound it down your throat, but that defense is not what it was when they went to the super bowl. Between injuries, age and FA, it's gotten comfortably worse.

I'm not saying we're going to win every game. But if we play close to our potential, the only team on that list that I look at and say is most likely better than GB at full strength is KC.

Starting to think King is being shopped around.

I don't see why we'd be shopping King. I know everyone on here hates him and I get that. But he's not a very good player and he's on an expiring contract. So he's not going to really net hardly anything in a trade. And we don't have the best depth at CB either. It's similar to the people that have suggested we trade some of OL depth. We're trying to win a championship here. Getting like a conditional 7th rounder for King doesn't do much good. I'd rather keep him, but on the bench in case we have a rash of injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I don't see why we'd be shopping King. I know everyone on here hates him and I get that. But he's not a very good player and he's on an expiring contract. So he's not going to really net hardly anything in a trade. And we don't have the best depth at CB either. It's similar to the people that have suggested we trade some of OL depth. We're trying to win a championship here. Getting like a conditional 7th rounder for King doesn't do much good. I'd rather keep him, but on the bench in case we have a rash of injuries.
    I tend to agree. Honestly, theres no way anyone gives up anything worth having for King. Best case, we get a stick of gum, shoelaces and half of a 2 day old ham sandwich. Everybody knows hes a bum, theyre not trading for him.