Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Not everyone should.
    Unless there is a medical exception, everyone should.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

According to Beasley he was wearing a mask when he was in close contact with the vaccinated trainer that tested positive and Beasley is testing negative.... as long as he's testing negative I don't understand what his vaccination status has anything to do with him being suspended/sent home

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post

who else shouldn't?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I would sure like to understand why so many people (and while I especially mean NFLers, I really mean everybody) have gotten so freaking stubborn over all this. I mean seriously, most don't really even KNOW why they're so stubborn beyond 'because it's being forced on me'

"MASKS TAKE AWAY MY FREEDOM"
    No, they don't. Your NOT wearing them is part of why we're still freaking dealing with this.

"I'M CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT I PUT IN MY BODY" (literally had a guy tell me that while munching on a Big Mac)
    NFLers at least can say that with some validity...but most of these guys somehow think their research trumps the experts.

Had a guy the other day insist he could stick a magnet to the injection site of two of his buddies. I asked him how many nanobots he thought they could actually fit in that little syringe and why he figured they'd all just hang around in his friends' shoulders. Crickets.

Just never realized how many stupid people we have.
    You can't talk about people being stupid and also say "_____ is the reason we're still dealing with this!!!!" It's going to stay here until it stops replicating, which means a vaccine with upper 90% efficacy that prevents infection. We don't have that and masks at best reduce but not eliminate the spread.

While you can cite your crazy friend who thinks people are turning magnetic, there are people who are skeptical but not full blown ********.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    According to Beasley he was wearing a mask when he was in close contact with the vaccinated trainer that tested positive and Beasley is testing negative.... as long as he's testing negative I don't understand what his vaccination status has anything to do with him being suspended/sent home
    This was because during an NFL visit he wasnít wearing one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

who else shouldn't?
    As we discussed in the Vikings forum, I don't believe anyone should HAVE to. If you want it, go for it. If you don't, also fine.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    This was because during an NFL visit he wasnít wearing one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ohhh ok...My bad, hes using that as an example basically saying unvacinated people can still spread it, so why no mask policy for them....Got it, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    You can't talk about people being stupid and also say "_____ is the reason we're still dealing with this!!!!" It's going to stay here until it stops replicating, which means a vaccine with upper 90% efficacy that prevents infection. We don't have that and masks at best reduce but not eliminate the spread.
    I didn't say THE reason, now, did I...I said it's PART of why we're still dealing with this.

What do you think would have happened had everybody just been good about wearing a mask last year? Are you thinking nothing would have been different?

It's going to stop replicating when there's not enough people left it can replicate IN...plain and simple.

And of course masks only reduce spread...just like vaccines aren't 100% effective. But that's how we've eradicated other things like small pox and polio- eventually it has so few places to go it becomes innocuous

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Not everyone should.
    People who canít be vaccinated, sure. Otherwise itís dumb not to at this point. The anti-science sentiment growing in this country is incredibly dangerous (between this and climate change we are ****ed).

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    As we discussed in the Vikings forum, I don't believe anyone should HAVE to. If you want it, go for it. If you don't, also fine.

Nobody has to, sure. We also don't have to ever get this thing under control. As recently as 2 months ago we thought this thing was over. Now we've got places where it's just as bad as it was during the worst of it last year...and that's WITH 55% of the country vaxed. And since the overwhelming majority of bad cases are amongst the unvaxed...what does that say about whether people should get vaxed?

Personal choice with public impact. People choose not to get vaxed, spread the virus and people who are vulnerable get it and die...even after doing everything they could to stay safe.

I didn't say THE reason, now, did I...I said it's PART of why we're still dealing with this.

What do you think would have happened had everybody just been good about wearing a mask last year? Are you thinking nothing would have been different?

It's going to stop replicating when there's not enough people left it can replicate IN...plain and simple.

And of course masks only reduce spread...just like vaccines aren't 100% effective. But that's how we've eradicated other things like small pox and polio- eventually it has so few places to go it becomes innocuous
    Pretty much nothing would be different.

We've never eradicated anything with masks or a vaccine that still allows a high percentage of infections. Nobody claims the vaccines prevent infection, just reduces the chance of death and hospitalization. Lastly, the delta variant already existed before the vaccine was approved for emergency use and the estimated efficacy against that strain seems to be decreasing with every passing week. We need to stop pretending eradication is a possibility at this point until we have a potential solution that's capable of such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    People who canít be vaccinated, sure. Otherwise itís dumb not to at this point. The anti-science sentiment growing in this country is incredibly dangerous (between this and climate change we are ****ed).
    Sadly this statement is true

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Pretty much nothing would be different.
    laughable take...seriously

We've never eradicated anything with masks or a vaccine that still allows a high percentage of infections. Nobody claims the vaccines prevent infection, just reduces the chance of death and hospitalization.
    when did you last hear of a case of small pox? polio?

Lastly, the delta variant already existed before the vaccine was approved for emergency use and the estimated efficacy against that strain seems to be decreasing with every passing week. We need to stop pretending eradication is a possibility at this point until we have a potential solution that's capable of such a thing.
    the first case of the delta variant was in India last October...vaccines were in final testing prior to EUDAs...first delta case in the US was months later

who said the effiicacy is decreasing? it's been holding up fine, it's just that the vaccines weren't created with the variant in mind

We eradicated small pox...by mandating people be vaccinated for it. What we need to stop pretending is that the unvaxed have a leg to stand on *****ing about 'being forced to get an untested vaccine'

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post

False.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast