Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 122
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    67,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    yeah, but it's one thing to say that in a meeting with your boss. It's another thing to be secretly recorded.
    Depends. Not all states have consent laws against that. And the ones that allow it have it there for this very reason, to prevent one persons word against another.

    I mean letís ignore this part of it. Rachel Nicola just isnít that good, headlined a low rated show, and is a POS for sleeping with players and using that to get info.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,568
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    She implied that a coworker didn't earn a position and was simply given it because of the color of her skin.


    That isn't something that is acceptable within a work environment lol

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Which part? Someone complaining about another employee getting advanced without merit or the accusation that it was about race?

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    67,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Which part? Someone complaining about another employee getting advanced without merit or the accusation that it was about race?
    Can't it be both? Advancing without merit seems to be something we accept as normal for some untold reason that shouldn't be.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    yeah, but it's one thing to say that in a meeting with your boss. It's another thing to be secretly recorded.
    I'm guilty of it too but if you forget to hit mute, its on you lol

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Depends. Not all states have consent laws against that. And the ones that allow it have it there for this very reason, to prevent one persons word against another.

    I mean letís ignore this part of it. Rachel Nicola just isnít that good, headlined a low rated show, and is a POS for sleeping with players and using that to get info.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was gonna say, the bold played a part in it too, but won't be talked about much.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    67,691
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I was gonna say, the bold played a part in it too, but won't be talked about much.
    It won't, and you know why? People just say "good for the players" or "good for her" when it comes to something like that. But it's workplace (even though they work for different companies) quid-pro-quo.

    The parts I listed is the bigger reason she should be gone. The comments on race and lack of merit is (sadly) what people focus on as the straw that broke the camels back. Too many outsiders always look at the event that got an employee fired over the events that lead to it. I worked with one guy that was fired when he showed up late to work, and so many people thought that it was overboard that he was fired for showing up late one time. Well after a while it turned out that people learned he was also taking office supplies home for his side hustle, a side hustle which broke the agreement with the company of not doing consulting work within a certain radius, and was late because of his side hustle.

    I kinda see that with Rachel Nicols right now. She slept with players, got exclusives with at least one player (trust me, these things aren't a "one time whoopsie" type thing), had a low rated show that got low viewership, wasn't offering as much on the sidelines anymore because she was so focused on other things, then made these comments on skin color. The last thing broke the camels back.

    There's a female golf reporter who was let go, and she sued the network she worked for quoting a hospitable work environment and some co-workers demeaning her and demanding she be off the air. Well, as things went on, it turns out she didn't treat many of the men she worked with (she's one of those strong feminist lesbian types that prefers working with no men), and while some of the treatment was in retaliation, she didn't really earn much good will when it comes to what happened with the termination.

    ****, we can even go to the saga of Erik Kuselias. Worked at ESPN on radio and some TV appearances. He was Skip Bayless before most the nation knew who Skip Bayless was. In 2010 he got divorced from his wife, and in 2011 left ESPN where the claim was they didn't renew his contract because he was looking to do more (which is a bold faced lie considering how much he did); the truth was he had been sleeping with interns and secretaries and ESPN terminated his contract at an option to get rid of him. So he goes to the Golf Channel, run by NBC. Well after a short time he starts sleeping with Holly Saunders, who at the time did the news updates. NBC found out, and instead of firing him, shipped his *** off to the middle of nowhere, where again he cheated on his then wife (Holly Saunders) with interns. Now he's at CBS hosting an online show for betting.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    It won't, and you know why? People just say "good for the players" or "good for her" when it comes to something like that. But it's workplace (even though they work for different companies) quid-pro-quo.

    The parts I listed is the bigger reason she should be gone. The comments on race and lack of merit is (sadly) what people focus on as the straw that broke the camels back. Too many outsiders always look at the event that got an employee fired over the events that lead to it. I worked with one guy that was fired when he showed up late to work, and so many people thought that it was overboard that he was fired for showing up late one time. Well after a while it turned out that people learned he was also taking office supplies home for his side hustle, a side hustle which broke the agreement with the company of not doing consulting work within a certain radius, and was late because of his side hustle.

    I kinda see that with Rachel Nicols right now. She slept with players, got exclusives with at least one player (trust me, these things aren't a "one time whoopsie" type thing), had a low rated show that got low viewership, wasn't offering as much on the sidelines anymore because she was so focused on other things, then made these comments on skin color. The last thing broke the camels back.

    There's a female golf reporter who was let go, and she sued the network she worked for quoting a hospitable work environment and some co-workers demeaning her and demanding she be off the air. Well, as things went on, it turns out she didn't treat many of the men she worked with (she's one of those strong feminist lesbian types that prefers working with no men), and while some of the treatment was in retaliation, she didn't really earn much good will when it comes to what happened with the termination.

    ****, we can even go to the saga of Erik Kuselias. Worked at ESPN on radio and some TV appearances. He was Skip Bayless before most the nation knew who Skip Bayless was. In 2010 he got divorced from his wife, and in 2011 left ESPN where the claim was they didn't renew his contract because he was looking to do more (which is a bold faced lie considering how much he did); the truth was he had been sleeping with interns and secretaries and ESPN terminated his contract at an option to get rid of him. So he goes to the Golf Channel, run by NBC. Well after a short time he starts sleeping with Holly Saunders, who at the time did the news updates. NBC found out, and instead of firing him, shipped his *** off to the middle of nowhere, where again he cheated on his then wife (Holly Saunders) with interns. Now he's at CBS hosting an online show for betting.
    I remember that Erik dude when I googled him, didn't know the backstory though. Holly is attractive, imo. Shoot, even his first wife Kristen didn't look ugly, imo.

    But a guy with money, status, and is athletic I guess feels invincible.

    To the Rachael stuff, she was in Minnesota the day James Butler had is blow up on everyone to interview him, then the exclusive interview in the bubble with him after he was heard "working out" in his room. Makes ya wonder how long those 2 had been knocking boots.

    ESPN may do a send away on her final year or w.e of her contract. How messed up would it be if she headed over to NBC to seek employment.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12,039
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Pathetic. Guessing they spoon fed Maria Taylor whatever she wanted.

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Isnít that exactly how Rachel Nichols got her job at ESPN.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    yeah, but it's one thing to say that in a meeting with your boss. It's another thing to be secretly recorded.
    She said it on a hot mic right?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Which part? Someone complaining about another employee getting advanced without merit or the accusation that it was about race?
    When she said race was the reason, thatís where she fíed up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,568
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Can't it be both? Advancing without merit seems to be something we accept as normal for some untold reason that shouldn't be.
    She supposedly had a problem with someone advancing without merit and you seem to think that it's okay for her to say that which would make it not both which is why I asked the question.

    blams said: "That isn't something that is acceptable within a work environment" ... I think it's acceptable to say someone else is getting advanced not for merit.

    That doesn't mean she should have kept her job of course.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,568
    Sports reporting has become twisted. Now reporters are building corrupt relationships with athletes to the detriment of complete reporting. Windhorst has been protecting his relationship with LeBron for decades now. A woman using her sexuality to gain an advantage isn't something I really have a problem with.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    She supposedly had a problem with someone advancing without merit and you seem to think that it's okay for her to say that which would make it not both which is why I asked the question.

    blams said: "That isn't something that is acceptable within a work environment" ... I think it's acceptable to say someone else is getting advanced not for merit.

    That doesn't mean she should have kept her job of course.
    When a white person says that about a black person, most would immediately believe it was race related. Then she said she thought it was race related to make herself clear.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    She supposedly had a problem with someone advancing without merit and you seem to think that it's okay for her to say that which would make it not both which is why I asked the question.

    blams said: "That isn't something that is acceptable within a work environment" ... I think it's acceptable to say someone else is getting advanced not for merit.

    That doesn't mean she should have kept her job of course.
    Itís not acceptable to say someone else is getting advancement because theyíre black.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    67,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    When a white person says that about a black person, most would immediately believe it was race related. Then she said she thought it was race related to make herself clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Itís not acceptable to say someone else is getting advancement because theyíre black.
    Yup on both of you. Itís clear what she met about ďwithout meritĒ even without the black part added in. It always infers that something else was at play be it gender, race, sexual orientation, nepotism.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •