Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Randle,

"yes I could have waited for more money, but having security and stability there is nothing like it"

Enough said lol
    That quote would mean A LOT more if Mitchell Robinson said it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    That quote would mean A LOT more if Mitchell Robinson said it

Lol

Contracts are always about leverage. You're not paid what you're worth but what you negotiate.

It remains to be seen if Mitchell Robinson and his 5th or 6th agent can get the Knicks to bend to his demands.

Scott Perry is a pretty shrewd negotiator. He got Julius Randle to take less than what he's worth. Got Derrick Rose, Noel, and Burks to take 3rd year team options.

I wish Mitchell Robinson the best of luck but I think, Perry is going to play hardball, offering him $6-8M/season by using his injuries as a means to undercut his pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Contracts are always about leverage. You're not paid what you're worth but what you negotiate.

It remains to be seen if Mitchell Robinson and his 5th or 6th agent can get the Knicks to bend to his demands.

Scott Perry is a pretty shrewd negotiator. He got Julius Randle to take less than what he's worth. Got Derrick Rose, Noel, and Burks to take 3rd year team options.

I wish Mitchell Robinson the best of luck but I think, Perry is going to play hardball, offering him $6-8M/season by using his injuries as a means to undercut his pay.
    You kill Perry all day..now heís good?

If they offer him 6-8M, heís not extending. That would be an insult. Might as well just tell him to get ready for FA

He got them to take TOs, because he paid them well. If he does the same for Mitch, it wonít be a problem. Thereís zero chance he gets offered less than Noel
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 08-29-2021 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    What's 54mill divided by 4?? 13.5.mill THATS what he will average EVERY YR so your statement means next to nothing about where his contracts starts. It's about the total.

WHY ARE YOU BRINGING UP LEAGUE REPORTS ABOUT WHAT MITCH IS WORTH, IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH WHAT THEY SAY MITCH IS WORTH?

Of course YOU would take the deal. I would expect nothing less. If Mitch isn't getting CRAZY incentives, walk away. Your statement about Mitch should take the deal because of lack of IQ is just idiotic.

Mitch has incredible basketball IQ..INCREDIBLE so I have no clue what you're talking about. You don't get THAT good on Defense without bball IQ. Mitch is the best most versatile defender the Knicks may have EVER had. EVER. Take the deal if the incentives are huge. If not, wallk
    Dude Mitch isn't walking anywhere...lol

He is going to sign whatever offer the Knicks who took a chance and drafted him after he totally screwed up his draft campaign. Knicks will definitely offer him more than Noel who is also a starting quality center in today's NBA.

Mitch getting signed is a done deal if he is healthy.

Itís risky with his health to lock him up now but the bigger risk is not doing it and he stays healthy and becomes a premier defensive center/finisher in the league. Iíd take the risk now personally

Extend Mitch or trade him IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Extend Mitch or trade him IMO.
    Agree. Donít play games. Lock him up, or just make a move

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Agree. Donít play games. Lock him up, or just make a move
    You don't get rid of the biggest defensive impact player on your team when he cost less than 2mill, he's playing for a contract, when your team has chance to really compete, your backup is injury prone, and you have a defensive coach.

If Knicks don't pay Mitch, he's definitely going to increase his value between now and the deadline, so let it play out. Knicks should just pay the man. Lauri Markannen gets close to 17mill a yr so we shouldn't be fussing over offering everything we can to Mitch.

You don't get rid of the biggest defensive impact player on your team when he cost less than 2mill, he's playing for a contract, when your team has chance to really compete, your backup is injury prone, and you have a defensive coach.

If Knicks don't pay Mitch, he's definitely going to increase his value between now and the deadline, so let it play out. Knicks should just pay the man. Lauri Markannen gets close to 17mill a yr so we shouldn't be fussing over offering everything we can to Mitch.
    Oh, I definitely would prefer keeping him. But heís unrestricted, so letting it play out doesnít necessarily help us a lot

While we disagree a bit on the dollars, I want him here. I think playing games with him is the worst thing. Have some real talk, show him respect, and try and get a deal done. I think you give him a fair offer, with a few different situations (length/options) it gets done. Itís a no brainer for us
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 08-29-2021 at 02:51 PM.

Oh, I definitely would prefer keeping him. But heís unrestricted, so letting it play out doesnít necessarily help us a lot

While we disagree a bit on the dollars, I want him here. I think playing games with him is the worst thing. Have some real talk, show him respect, and try and get a deal done. I think you give him a fair offer, with a few different situations (length/options) it gets done. Itís a no brainer for us
    If Mitch plays out his deal and he's killing it, then that means the Knicks are probably killing it. I'm not trading the captain of my defense cause he's gonna increase his value. Since when can't the Knicks make a good offer, as opposed to a fair offer, for a home grown 23yr old defensive difference maker?? Even if they don't want to, let Mitch beast. We're gonna need him.

I think the Knicks are a dangerous and deep team in the playoffs. Without Mitch, we're just not big and bad enough.
    Last edited by Bivory; 08-29-2021 at 03:08 PM.

If Mitch plays out his deal and he's killing it, then that means the Knicks are probably killing it. I'm not trading the captain of my defense cause he's gonna increase his value. Since when can't the Knicks make a good offer, as opposed to a fair offer, for a home grown 23yr old defensive difference maker?? Even if they don't want to, let Mitch beast. We're gonna need him.

I think the Knicks are a dangerous and deep team in the playoffs. Without Mitch, we're just not big and bad enough.
    Itís a dice roll. Weíll see. I do agree we need him

I think the bolded is the key here.

Don't disrespect Mitch. He already out performed his contract. Just offer the man a fair contract and if Mitch plays hard ball offer him a little more than he's worth since he over performed during his initial contract.
    Be fair with the man. He is significantly better than Noel so start by offering him significantly more.

Anyone read the story with Noel? His agent, Rich Paul told him to turn down a $70M deal from the Mavs...ends up haunting him for the rest of his career.

Mitch is not worth more than $45M/4 year deal. If he was, the Knicks wouldn't be re-signing Noel to a multi-year deal AND Taj Gibson.

If Mitch turns that down, he's a fool.

Coming off an injury, he's not going to get the Knicks very much in return. He's a nice player. He's not a great player.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Anyone read the story with Noel? His agent, Rich Paul told him to turn down a $70M deal from the Mavs...ends up haunting him for the rest of his career.

Mitch is not worth more than $45M/4 year deal. If he was, the Knicks wouldn't be re-signing Noel to a multi-year deal AND Taj Gibson.

If Mitch turns that down, he's a fool.

Coming off an injury, he's not going to get the Knicks very much in return. He's a nice player. He's not a great player.
    Mitch is an impactful player that teams cannot game plan against.

People want every player to be a two way all-star.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast