Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Its not that complicated you wait to pay mitch if he does well and becomes elite he now becomes an asset if he gets hurt again or sux he's gone

Ben Wallace was the first undrafted player to make the NBA HOF. Mitchell Robinson is nowhere near Ben Wallace. Maybe in a couple seasons (if he matures) but as it stands, he's a young Theo Ratliff.

You can't measure heart and effort. Mitch is the backbone of this teams defense. If Knicks don't sign Mitch, they'll regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    You can't measure heart and effort. Mitch is the backbone of this teams defense. If Knicks don't sign Mitch, they'll regret it.
    Not saying the Knicks should not keep Mitch. My complaint about him is his free throw shooting numbers and inability to learn a simple offensive move like a hook shot. I wonder if his determination is leading him to take 1,000 free throws a day in the off season to get his numbers up to respectable. And also work with a trainer to hit a 5-10 foot shot everything going to remain lob dunks and put backs ?

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Not saying the Knicks should not keep Mitch. My complaint about him is his free throw shooting numbers and inability to learn a simple offensive move like a hook shot. I wonder if his determination is leading him to take 1,000 free throws a day in the off season to get his numbers up to respectable. And also work with a trainer to hit a 5-10 foot shot everything going to remain lob dunks and put backs ?
    Do you feel that way about Noel? Heís been a pro for 7-8 years, he should have learned how to do the same things, or at least learn how to catch the ball. Who knows what Mitch is working on, Iím sure heís trying. Havenít seen anything that makes me question him trying to improve

Every one COULD get better but Mitch is already ELITE at what he does do. The fact that every Knicks fan isn't on board with Mitch getting a real contract, not this 11 mill nonsense, is bewildering.

Let the record show that most of these fans that complain about paying Mitch what he's worth, are the same people who wanted to give Bertans 15 or 20mill last yr.
    Last edited by Bivory; 09-13-2021 at 12:57 PM.

Every one COULD get better but Mitch is already ELITE at what he does do. The fact that every Knicks fan isn't on board with Mitch getting a real contract, not this 11 mill nonsense, is bewildering.

Let the record show that most of these fans that complain about paying Mitch what he's worth, are the same people who wanted to give Bertans 15 or 20mill last yr.
    well i only know of two that were on the Bertrans train, so why make it a generalization?

As far as Mitch the number tossed out is 12m because and lets repeat this and you said you knew last time he can only get that by league rules, so please stop throwing accusations out there, not one person said he's not worth more, he can only get 12m in a extension, he would have to gamble and wait till FA to then see if he can get a few more thousand added on and risk injury or be beat out by Noel.

Knicks are being smart, seeing how he comes to camp what is the rush, they have till Oct 20th to extend him, I think they will the question is will Mitch agree to it or put money on himself and gamble?

Too many generalizations going on, has nothing to do with what anyone thinks he's worth that is the concern for next year, this year it's 12m max so we wait a month now.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    well i only know of two that were on the Bertrans train, so why make it a generalization?

As far as Mitch the number tossed out is 12m because and lets repeat this and you said you knew last time he can only get that by league rules, so please stop throwing accusations out there, not one person said he's not worth more, he can only get 12m in a extension, he would have to gamble and wait till FA to then see if he can get a few more thousand added on and risk injury or be beat out by Noel.

Knicks are being smart, seeing how he comes to camp what is the rush, they have till Oct 20th to extend him, I think they will the question is will Mitch agree to it or put money on himself and gamble?

Too many generalizations going on, has nothing to do with what anyone thinks he's worth that is the concern for next year, this year it's 12m max so we wait a month now.

BUUULLLLSSHIIIIIIIIITTTTT on the first bold. MANY said he wasn't worth it...What have you been reading? And you say the kicks are being smart? How smart are they gonna look when Mitch kills it this yr and makes them seriously pay up next summer? Knicks put themselves in this corner and could've offered Mitch his money last yr. THEY BLEW IT and now they expect Mitch to accept pennies just because "his IQ" as you put it once or a risk of injury?? Mitch is worth 12 even if he has a minor injured this yr.. Ridiculous.

BUUULLLLSSHIIIIIIIIITTTTT on the first bold. MANY said he wasn't worth it...What have you been reading? And you say the kicks are being smart? How smart are they gonna look when Mitch kills it this yr and makes them seriously pay up next summer? Knicks put themselves in this corner and could've offered Mitch his money last yr. THEY BLEW IT and now they expect Mitch to accept pennies just because "his IQ" as you put it once or a risk of injury?? Mitch is worth 12 even if he has a minor injured this yr.. Ridiculous.
    your probably talking about me in here being his biggest original fan, and your not making sense? What could they have offered him last year, care to elaborate more?
    What is the Knicks fault the league rules?

Not sure what is Bull but what your saying isn't logical by league rules, sorry. Why you even discussing getting more money when the league won't allow it?

And going back to the 2019-2020 season he played 61 games and started all of 7 and scored 9.7 points and grabbed 7 boards and was a fouling machine. Yea lets give that guy and extension when we have him locked up?

Mitch can do what he wants, first things first lets see the Knicks make him an offer to extend, at how much and see if he accepts, then lets talk.

I like Mitch but i understand how you run a business as well, and two years back Knicks actually look pretty bright because Mitch couldn't stay on the court twice last year, two more injuries.

We shall see, he don't accept and extension if the Knicks offer it, he will be traded count on it, no sense keeping him at that point, find the team he wants to go to, i'm sure he's worth at least a first, his salary is so low it won't be top player that is for sure.

Not jumping ahead, have a full month to watch this unfold.

Biv just to help you out, if he took his option last year the same exact thing holds true he don't get his extension till after this season, by waiting he can get another year if he wants and make it a player option.

There was no advantage of Knicks offering him his extension last year when he was locked in to two more years, he signed the deal, sorry he had to leave with it, stupidity is not and excuse when it comes to signing deals.

That said he can still make the same exact money and his contract starts next year same as if he extended last year, only difference would be last year would be a 2 year then up to three year max extension.

Now if Mitch shows up in camp and shows he is over his injuries and is who we think he can be, Knicks can be creative and offer him the max by league rules but also put bonus' in with incentives that allow him another 15m by reaching those incentives, for example playining in over 65 games etc....

so before cursing at everyone including the Knicks have patience and see what the Knicks will do, it's about a month.

I've mentioned this before to you, there are only so many teams with cap, and only so many teams that don't have a starting center to give this much money too, so Mitch has to also think in those terms about not accepting the extension if offered and by production back two seasons ago he was projected to make 11.8m and that is not with extensions or league rules just by production.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Biv just to help you out, if he took his option last year the same exact thing holds true he don't get his extension till after this season, by waiting he can get another year if he wants and make it a player option.

There was no advantage of Knicks offering him his extension last year when he was locked in to two more years, he signed the deal, sorry he had to leave with it, stupidity is not and excuse when it comes to signing deals.

That said he can still make the same exact money and his contract starts next year same as if he extended last year, only difference would be last year would be a 2 year then up to three year max extension.

Now if Mitch shows up in camp and shows he is over his injuries and is who we think he can be, Knicks can be creative and offer him the max by league rules but also put bonus' in with incentives that allow him another 15m by reaching those incentives, for example playining in over 65 games etc....

so before cursing at everyone including the Knicks have patience and see what the Knicks will do, it's about a month.

I've mentioned this before to you, there are only so many teams with cap, and only so many teams that don't have a starting center to give this much money too, so Mitch has to also think in those terms about not accepting the extension if offered and by production back two seasons ago he was projected to make 11.8m and that is not with extensions or league rules just by production.
    I know, but Mitch wanted the security last yr and would've accepted the extension then. Locking him in then would've been smart. He's still only a kid. Did they expect his knee to fall off? This is exactly what I've been saying. Mitch fired 3 agents who all said they would get him that extension last yr....lol

All Im saying is the Knicks have gotten away with murder with his contract for yrs...Would it really have killed them to show a little loyalty and take a small risk on the only bright spot this team had for 2 yrs straight before last yr?

We're still paying Noah for crying out loud and we're complaining about paying Mitch early...i dont get it
    Last edited by Bivory; 09-13-2021 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Do you feel that way about Noel? Heís been a pro for 7-8 years, he should have learned how to do the same things, or at least learn how to catch the ball. Who knows what Mitch is working on, Iím sure heís trying. Havenít seen anything that makes me question him trying to improve
    Why shift the topic to Noel ? I am talking about Mitch. Can we just stay on that one topic before going to another one ? I mean just talk about Mitch ?

Why shift the topic to Noel ? I am talking about Mitch. Can we just stay on that one topic before going to another one ? I mean just talk about Mitch ? I am not against signing him to his max btw. Just would like to see him working on his biggest offensive weakness, that too much to ask ? No need to bring up someone else, discussing Mitch. Mitch releases videos of himself hitting threes and dribbling and working out in his garage but why not shooting free throws and I ask why he is not working on free throws. I wonder why. Like on a other thread I ask why Knox releases videos of him playing with non NBA players in the summer, why not work out against people who make him better.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 09-13-2021 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Why shift the topic to Noel ? I am talking about Mitch. Can we just stay on that one topic before going to another one ? I mean just talk about Mitch ? I am not against signing him to his max btw. Just would like to see him working on his biggest offensive weakness, that too much to ask ? No need to bring up someone else, discussing Mitch. Mitch releases videos of himself hitting threes and dribbling and working out in his garage but why not shooting free throws and I ask why he is not working on free throws. I wonder why. Like on a other thread I ask why Knox releases videos of him playing with non NBA players in the summer, why not work out against people who make him better.
    Iím asking, because if you donít like Mitch for those things, you should have really hated signing Noel to that deal. But you didnít

And just because he isnít posting videos, doesnít mean heís not doing it. Heís out there trying to hype people up. Anyone ever get excited by someone practicing free throws? If you asked everyone which would they prefer, him raising his FTs by 10%, or becoming at least a threat from 3, which would they pick?
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 09-13-2021 at 04:40 PM.

Iím asking, because if you donít like Mitch for those things, you should have really hated signing Noel to that deal. But you didnít

And just because he isnít posting videos, doesnít mean heís not doing it. Heís out there trying to hype people up. Anyone ever get excited by someone practicing free throws? If you asked everyone which would they prefer, him raising his FTs by 10%, or becoming at least a threat from 3, which would they pick?
    I can understand being a Mitch fan. Yet, I disagree. If like you said earlier his determination cannot be questioned I can ask what is he doing to fix his foul shot. My point stands. You can tell me I have no right to question him. You can bring up Noel all you want. I am not biting and going down that line of discussion. I don't accept your reasoning. I like Mitch and I hope he improves his free throw shooting. That's it for me. Have a good night.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 09-13-2021 at 04:58 PM.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast