Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Knicks considering extending Center Mitchell Robinson

According to the New York Post and NBA sources, Knicks president Leon Rose is now open to a contract extension for the 23-year-old Robinson before the Oct. 20 season opener “as long as it’s not crazy.”

NBA intelligentsia regard the four-year, $54 million contract extension the Celtics lavished last week on center Robert Williams as an outlier and not commensurate with market standards considering Williams’ light résumé.

The Knicks are not believed to want to go that high. One concern will always be whether the New Orleans product will lose a trace of motivation with all that guaranteed money.

I personally think it's a great idea to lock the "Blockness Monster" up for the next 4 years on a 50 million contract which will save the team a fortune in the near future because he will get more than Robert Williams on the open market. I think Mitch wants to be here and having Noel guaranteed too takes the pressure off the FO and on Mitch to shine if he wants to remain the starter. That 2 headed monster along with Sims secures the center spot for the Knicks future and lightens the work load for all 3 of them. Get this done Rose.

League insiders consider Robinson’s current value — given his injury-riddled past — more in the four-year, $44 million range. A sweetener is giving Robinson a player option for the fourth year.

That pact is essentially a deal that would start a little higher than the mid-level exception in 2022. Next season, Robinson stands to make just $1.8 million after signing a team-friendly four-year deal out of the draft.

i believe the number is 12m for his extension by rules so Knicks should get it done. If Rose wants to go lower than give him a player option in year three giving him two years to prove himself, I think that is fair for the player and the team.

Mitch by far has had the best team friendly contract since he's been here the man is set even this year and last year as starter to make 1.8m and we just gave his backup 9.5m?

So at min Mitch has to get over 10m how could you give him less than his backup?

Actually Rose is a backup PG making 13.5m and Burks is a backup wing making 10m.

Just give Mitch his full ext really going to argue over 2m at this point after he made no more than 1.8m for his career?

Do it. Give him max money or close allowed for 3 years. That puts him at 7 years at the end of the deal. Give him a PO if it helps, or let him pick between 3 or 4 years. At the market we set, he can’t possibly get less than Noel.
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 08-24-2021 at 10:01 AM.

If I'm Mitch, and the Knicks offered me 12mill, I would laugh in their faces. Mitch is worth 18 all day so if Im him, I dont sign that.

This makes sense all around and that contract is easily tradeable if he has to be included in a package. Not that i'd want him traded but anyone can be traded if the right package is coming back.

League insiders consider Robinson’s current value — given his injury-riddled past — more in the four-year, $44 million range. A sweetener is giving Robinson a player option for the fourth year.

That pact is essentially a deal that would start a little higher than the mid-level exception in 2022. Next season, Robinson stands to make just $1.8 million after signing a team-friendly four-year deal out of the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    If I'm Mitch, and the Knicks offered me 12mill, I would laugh in their faces. Mitch is worth 18 all day so if Im him, I dont sign that.
    Well then he has to wait for next year as a UFA and gamble he don't get hurt and if you read what the league insiders feel is his worth then if your Mitch your stupid not to sign it.

By rules his extension can only be to around 12m so now your gambling on health and playing time.

Knicks can easily make it a three headed monster at center and he may play only 20 min, how much would he be worth in FA playing 20min?

Make the offer, max him out on the extension and make Mitch and his agent make the decision, it's actually quite simple and if you need to intrigue him that player option at the end could do the trick, he's young enough to play for two more contracts.

I have not seen many players who make 1.8m turn down 12m? Have you?

BTW how has that worked out for players who waited? Some are still waiting for a contract, some took considerably less, and our own Noel turned down a huge pay day to get what exactly, then get 5m last year from the Knicks?

So easy to say but put yourself in the security of knowing you can make 12m with 8% increases over the next 4 years for a guy that makes 1.8m and the same guy that grew up with his grandmother living a very modest life style.

Yea I think he runs to the table, not walks

What says he is? If he stays healthy, and improves, sure. Right now, he’s not an 18M player

There aren’t many 18M centers right now. Except for a few overpays there
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 08-24-2021 at 10:37 AM.

They can’t offer him 18 million right now. Mitch might bet on himself and opt for unrestricted free agency after the season but the max the Knicks can offer now is around 12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Would love for them to get this done. Even if he doesn’t get better he is worth this contract so long as he plays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    What says he is? If he stays healthy, and improves, sure. Right now, he’s not an 18M player
    Mitch is worth 18....The only other defensive impact players in his age group are Simmonds and Bam. Contracts aren't just about what you've done, it's about potential and Mitch has much as anyone.

Mitch is worth 18....The only other defensive impact players in his age group are Simmonds and Bam. Contracts aren't just about what you've done, it's about potential and Mitch has much as anyone.
    There’s also a lot of risk along with that potential. That’s a high number for a Center. Most teams seem to regret paying that much

Hmm...a 23 year old Center still living off potential, who has 3 consecutive years of playing less as minutes have modestly increased, and hasn't averaged double digits in scoring or rebounding with declining block totals for the 3rd consecutive year.

Basically how much is Theo Ratliff worth in today's game?

I think the Knicks should start with $6M/season, 3 yrs guaranteed with a team option because it's "show business" not "Show friends."

Then settle somewhere around $8M/season with a 4th year player option $12M

The Knicks had no problems winning big games without him. I'd use that to the Knicks' advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Hmm...a 23 year old Center still living off potential, who has 3 consecutive years of playing less as minutes have modestly increased, and hasn't averaged double digits in scoring or rebounding with declining block totals for the 3rd consecutive year.

Basically how much is Theo Ratliff worth in today's game?

I think the Knicks should start with $6M/season, 3 yrs guaranteed with a team option because it's "show business" not "Show friends."

Then settle somewhere around $8M/season with a 4th year player option $12M

The Knicks had no problems winning big games without him. I'd use that to the Knicks' advantage.
    Knicks playoff series against the Hawks is totally different wirh a healthy Mitch and Noel off the bench. Mitch is a better longer even more athletic PnR defender than Noel who just got out muscled. Mitch is now 250-260 solid he is going to own Cappella and limit all those Trae Young floaters. Pay that man 12 million per and move on. Knicks are very deep at every position. I can't ever remember a Knicks team this deep with this much talent and coach of the year... I'm calling 3rd seed in the East with 47-50 wins.

An in-depth study was done on the NBA and between the yrs of 1991 and 2019, C was the highest paid position in the NBA. I understand the league is changing, but Mitch deserves to be paid, and paid well. Knicks blew it. They tried to slow play Mitch and now they F'd up. They should have paid him when they could've. 11 or 12mill is a joke. 18 for 3 yrs is an easy hell yes..

The money is not yours. Pay the IMPACT PLAYER and lock down C for yrs to come.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast