Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How Will The Series Go?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sox Swept

0 0%
  • Sox Win One

2 50.00%
  • Split

1 25.00%
  • Sox Win Series

1 25.00%
  • Sox Sweep

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Anderson back in the lineup tonight. Calling 1st pitch HR.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Anderson back in the lineup tonight. Calling 1st pitch HR.
    Robbie Ray just read your post and has announced the first pitch will be in the dirt.

Second pitch is fine too, though.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    It'd be nice if Cease could get us 7-8 Innings tonight. Only 80 pitches through 6 so far.
    Watching Cease pitch last night, gives me visions of Cease getting a playoff start. Albeit under close watch and a short leash, with Kuechel not allowed even near the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Watching Cease pitch last night, gives me visions of Cease getting a playoff start. Albeit under close watch and a short leash, with Kuechel not allowed even near the mound.
    I kinda hope so. His stuff is so electric when hes on. I think hes gonna make a huge leap next year. Itd be great if he uses these playoffs as his springboard.

OK then, it looks like Yasmani and Zavala on the play-off roster. I suppose Collins days on the 26 man roster are numbered. Zavala has raised concerns about his defense because of problems with framing and several passed balls but at least he can get an occasional hit. Collins really disappointed me this season. This was his opportunity to step up take it to the next level and he blew it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    I agree. Keuchel even sounds a bit defeated in his post game interviews. Maybe he has just run into some bad luck (like the ball hitting 3rd base) and will turn it around in the next few weeks. Keuchel needs a friendly umpire to get close calls for strikes and good infield defense on ground balls to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    OK then, it looks like Yasmani and Zavala on the play-off roster. I suppose Collins days on the 26 man roster are numbered. Zavala has raised concerns about his defense because of problems with framing and several passed balls but at least he can get an occasional hit. Collins really disappointed me this season. This was his opportunity to step up take it to the next level and he blew it.
    The thing about those passed balls is, was that really an issue with Collins? I don't recall a plethora of passed balls by him. I agree, at least Zavala can get a clutch hit here and there, but his Passed Balls have lost us games, and there is no way I'm starting a guy at catcher in the playoffs if I have to worry about his inability to block a slider or curve in the dirt. Those are important punch out pitches that he can't seem to block. That's a HUGE problem for me.

When I was growing up, my high school had a stud pitcher, ended up getting picked by the Expos. He was throwing like 93 mph in high school. He went to state his Junior year, and pitched the game winning Semi Finals, of course he wasn't able to pitch in state and they lost, but he was that good. His Senior year, we were still favorites to get back to state, and he pitched in the District Championship vs a team that had no business beating us. They couldn't hit him for ****. Our bats went cold that night, our 3rd basemen made a bad error, and our starting catcher was hurt. The backup couldn't catch a 90s heater and a hard breaking deuce. We ended up losing on an error and 3 passed balls that led to a run.

I bring this up, because that's what it felt like watching Zeby try to catch Kimbrel. Kimbrel was throwing perfect punch out pitches. Zeby missed 3 in 2 AB's. The 1st they wrongly called a foul tip. The 2nd and next pitch was another punch out pitch low and outside. This put the runner on 2nd. They hit a soft ground out to move him to 3rd. Intentionally walked Vlad, and they scored the winning run on a wild pitch. I know the wild pitch wasn't on Zeby, but I was sitting there feeling it coming the whole time.
    Last edited by dabears34ft; 08-25-2021 at 12:39 PM.

The Sox will make due with Zavala/Collins as the backup catchers , with Zavala as the likely playoff choice. That said, I don't think next years backup catcher is on this roster, or even in the organization right now.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Ray mowing down Sox hitting with Ks again.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    The Sox will make due with Zavala/Collins as the backup catchers , with Zavala as the likely playoff choice. That said, I don't think next years backup catcher is on this roster, or even in the organization right now.
    Maybe Hahn should have proposed trading Collins and another player not names Madrigal to the Cubs for Wilson Contreras and let the Cubs trade Kimbrel to another team. Or look to other teams for a catcher. It did not seem like a back-up catcher was even on Hahn's mind before the trade deadline.

Rodon back today. All signs point to Grandal back Friday. These are some much needed reinforcements. It'll be nice getting Lopez back in the pen. The big question still looms. Will Collins or Zavala get the boot?

To me Zavala sticks, but he should not be the long term answer at b/u catcher.
    Collins just has too many holes in his game.
    This is a position that needs to be addressed in the offseason - which unfortunately I see coming sooner than any of us had hoped.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Man Kopech needs to get his **** together. He's kinda been average to bad this month.

It can never just be easy can it? Can they seriously blow a 7 run lead?
    Last edited by Muttman73; 08-26-2021 at 05:26 PM.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast