Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How Will The Series Go?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sox Swept

0 0%
  • Sox Win One

2 50.00%
  • Split

1 25.00%
  • Sox Win Series

1 25.00%
  • Sox Sweep

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Chicago White Sox (72-53) @ Toronto Blue Jays (64-58) | 8/23 - 8/26

Chicago White Sox (72-53) @ Toronto Blue Jays (64-58)
    Rogers Centre - Toronto, ON. | 8/23 - 8/26

Monday August 23, 2021 @ 6:07pm CT on NBCSN
    Lance Lynn, RHP (10-3, 2.26 ERA) vs. Alek Manoah, RHP (5-2, 3.34 ERA)

Tuesday August 24, 2021 @ 6:07pm CT on NBCSN & MLBN
    Dylan Cease, RHP (9-6, 4.06 ERA) vs. Jose Berrios, RHP (8-6, 3.52 ERA)

Wednesday August 25, 2021 @ 6:07pm CT on NBCSN & MLBN
    Lucas Giolito, RHP (9-9, 3.77 ERA) vs. Robbie Ray, LHP (9-5, 2.79 ERA)

Thursday August 26, 2021 @ 2:07pm CT on NBCSN
    TBD vs. Hyun Jin Ryu, LHP (12-6, 3.54 ERA)

Per multiple Sox people on twitter it's either going to be Keuchel or Rodon on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    Per multiple Sox people on twitter it's either going to be Keuchel or Rodon on Thursday.
    If Rodon is ready, and after hearing Tony say keuchelís style isnít suited for turf and fast infields, itíll be Rodon. I think Tony say that up for the playoffs too. If we are playing in Tampa, you wonít see Keuchel

Rodon better start, as I clinch my fantasy baseball division with a win this week. My SP rotation went downhill pretty quickly after losing Bauer and Kershaw in July (on top of Acuna). Debating putting in some scrub off free agency prior to rosters locking this evening if I don't get any sort of update prior to the game tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Rodon better start, as I clinch my fantasy baseball division with a win this week. My SP rotation went downhill pretty quickly after losing Bauer and Kershaw in July (on top of Acuna). Debating putting in some scrub off free agency prior to rosters locking this evening if I don't get any sort of update prior to the game tonight.
    I'm 14.5 ahead of 2nd, playoffs start in 2 weeks! Also waiting for Rodon to return but have streamed admirably in his absence lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I'm 14.5 ahead of 2nd, playoffs start in 2 weeks! Also waiting for Rodon to return but have streamed admirably in his absence lol.
    That's a comfy lead. We're H2H and only a 21 week season. I was steamrolling my division until early July when I just got shelled by losing Acuna, Bauer, and Kershaw all within like 1-2 weeks. Also losing Kimbrel's closer points has screwed me now in August too. Now I'm fighting for my life, but can clinch the division this week with a W (playing the guy I would win the division over).

TA not in the lineup again, getting nervous.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    That's a comfy lead. We're H2H and only a 21 week season. I was steamrolling my division until early July when I just got shelled by losing Acuna, Bauer, and Kershaw all within like 1-2 weeks. Also losing Kimbrel's closer points has screwed me now in August too. Now I'm fighting for my life, but can clinch the division this week with a W (playing the guy I would win the division over).
    Our Regular season is 21 + 3 week playoffs. I'm sitting pretty for a bye. It's a keeper league so trades are intense. A lot of draft pick deals and what not. I just got Hader for a late pick from a guy that is out of contention.
    Last edited by dabears34ft; 08-23-2021 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    TA not in the lineup again, getting nervous.
    Tony said that if this was the playoffs he'd be full go. We have the luxury of playing things pretty safe the rest of the way. Barring we don't let the Indians get within 7 games before September. We still have a long series with them.

Trying to play the long game here, which is what I think TLR is thinking

9 games up with 36 to play, 5 with Cleveland - barring a total collapse the Sox should be ok.
    I've tried to come up with a magic number "30" I think - Cleveland if they went 40-0 would be 101-61

I am not a fan of the La Russa surrender lineups, but I keep telling myself that surely he has this figured out.

The collapse last September is very fresh on my mind
    The September 2012 collapse
    The near collapse in September 2005 - which in the end didn't mean ****

All we can do is sit back and watch
    Last edited by Muttman73; 08-24-2021 at 10:19 AM.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

How good is Zavala actually defensively? Meant to bring this up last night. He seems to have a problem catching somewhat routine pitches. Not saying he should have caught all the ones he missed last night, but he did miss 3 in 2 AB's, and they were all costly. Not going to lie, I am not comfortable with him catching a playoff game. I feel like I've seen quite a few balls get passed him this season, and most of the time I'm like "shouldn't a major league catcher be knocking that down at the very least?"

It'd be nice if Cease could get us 7-8 Innings tonight. Only 80 pitches through 6 so far.

Dumb question,, asked because I am concerned about the catching situation going into the play-offs.
    Is it still possible to add Yadi Molina to the play-off roster within mlb rules? For example, what if the Cardinals, with Yadi's agreement, place him on waivers before Aug.31 for the express buy unstated reason that the White Sox would immediately pick him up?

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    Dumb question,, asked because I am concerned about the catching situation going into the play-offs.
    Is it still possible to add Yadi Molina to the play-off roster within mlb rules? For example, what if the Cardinals, with Yadi's agreement, place him on waivers before Aug.31 for the express buy unstated reason that the White Sox would immediately pick him up?
    Yadi just signed an extension. Heís retiring a Card

It's going to be Yaz and Zavala in the playoffs, has to be...
    As much as I like Zack Collins, he'd be better off playing somewhere else next year.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast